Cambria Suites Ft LAUDERDALE FL

ED MARYANN

DW and I stayed here a couple years ago. Not much for food choices within walking distance. There is a subway sandwich shop across the street. Street is 3 lanes each side and no stoplight/crosswalk. It can get pretty busy but there is a concrete median in the middle. DW and I were able to get across safely with a quick walk/slow jog. About 4 blocks from subway, same side is a quick shop to buy wine, fairly good selection and reasonable prices. Another block in same direction is a series of stores, I think either a Walmart or Kmart. We walked in the early evening, dusk and not the best area but generally well lit along the sidewalk.

Just stayed there last month. We used uber to go to the Publix at Oakbridge, about 3 miles away. Cost was around $ 6.30 plus tip. They have a great wine selection and they also gave us a free cloth 6 bottle wine carrier. We were going to walk to the the BJ's Wholesale Club (not members, but according to Florida law, you are able to purchase alcohol), but they have a limited wine selection. There is also a Kmart located next door to this place and a few restaurants. We had dinner at the hotel. Alex, the bartender was outstanding. The food, on the other hand, was ok, but the portions were on the small side. My wife had the lime marinated shrimp and avocado street tacos that hardly had any shrimp in them. I had the fish and chip, and the 2 pieces of fish were small. If you are a gold member, you get a free drink, and the drinks are very good. Breakfast was like any other breakfast that you get at other Choice hotels, with the exception of potato hash and made to order omelettes.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe when you check in, you reserve a time for the shuttle to take you to the port. I am assuming that you are going to Port Everglades. If you are going to the Port of Miami, you will need to schedule a 3rd party shuttle service, such as QLS, SAS, or Uber. The hotel's shuttle will not take you to the Port of Miami

Yes they do. The last two times we flew into Fort Lauderdale, once on Southwest and the last time on Delta, after you retrieve your luggage, you go outside and turn right to where the hotel shuttle pick up area is. It is well labeled. Call the hotel, tell them where you are at, and they will send you a shuttle.

Yes they do. The last two times we flew into Fort Lauderdale, once on Southwest and the last time on Delta, after you retrieve your luggage, you go outside and turn right to where the hotel shuttle pick up area is. It is well labeled. Call the hotel, tell them where you are at, and they will send you a shuttle.

Excellent, thanks!