Post CRUISE LINE Single Supplement/Solo Bargains HERE

CCHelp

I've been watching Alaska cruise prices since the first of the year, and solos are still 200% for the most part. If you'e booked solos before, when did you start seeing drops? I'm on the east coast, so I have the usual air and hotel add ons, so I'm looking for a deal!

You might try asking on the Alaska board.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

There is at least one poster there, Budget Queen, who takes multiple solo cruises there each season.

You might try asking on the Alaska board.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55

There is at least one poster there, Budget Queen, who takes multiple solo cruises there each season.

Thanks for this heads up and the replys. I'm going to keep checking. I've got airline credit I need to book by the end of April. Maybe I'll get lucky!

If anyone sees a SS drop on NCL Pearl 5/8, NOLA to Seattle, 21 day, please let me know. It fits my schedule well. I just refuse to pay double. I can do short notice.

About the low or no SS on Alaska cruises, I have had good luck 3 times.

2014 & 2015 caught the 1st of season "odd duration"of 9 & 10 day, for ~ $99/day base. Check 2018 NCL Jewel 5/26, 9 day.

2016, with 4 or 5 days notice, caught NCL Sun B2B 14 day for 2/3 of that. Lucky I was in Seattle.

Had a cruise with Budget Queen 2016. She was very helpful. Still is. I think she has done well over 100 cruises. Knows a bunch about cruising.

If anyone sees a SS drop on NCL Pearl 5/8, NOLA to Seattle, 21 day, please let me know. It fits my schedule well. I just refuse to pay double. I can do short notice.

2014 & 2015 caught the 1st of season "odd duration"of 9 & 10 day, for ~ $99/day base. Check 2018 NCL Jewel 5/26, 9 day.

2016, with 4 or 5 days notice, caught NCL Sun B2B 14 day for 2/3 of that. Lucky I was in Seattle.

Had a cruise with Budget Queen 2016. She was very helpful. Still is. I think she has done well over 100 cruises. Knows a bunch about cruising.

Odd duration cruises are some of my favorites as the often involve more days and ports not normally visited.

Thanks for this heads up and the replys. I'm going to keep checking. I've got airline credit I need to book by the end of April. Maybe I'll get lucky!

I think you need to get past the final payment due dates before prices start dropping.

11/21/19 - 12/11/19

MSC Lirica

Venice - Dubai

Ports: Split (Croatia), Athens (Piraeus), Heraklion (Crete), Rhodes, Limassol, Suez Canal, Eilat, Aqaba, Salalah, Muscat, Al Khasab

$1298 + $128.80 fees/taxes = $1426.80 + (12*20) $240 gratuities = $1666.80 / 20 = $83.34 per night for an inside solo cabin.

Hello. For the past week or so, I have seen a guaranteed interior cabin for a 38-night itinerary leaving Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, on March 17, 2018, and arriving in Southampton, on April 24, 2018, on Fred.Olsen's Black Watch for GBP 2,999 including port fees.

Note that you have to select Two Bedded Room (grade GC) to see this fare, which is significantly lower than the fares for guaranteed single interior cabins (grades M and N).

While the so-called anchor fare does not include your choice of cabin or dinner seating assignment, you can state a dinner seating preference for GBO 2 per night. Also, Fred.Olsen's onboard expenses such as bar drinks and self-service laundry are relatively low.

I wish, I really wish, it departed after June 1, when I could do it without losing out on a substantial amount of money...

If you can wait until Feb 2019, Royal Caribbean is offering Studio Oceanview room with no SS - 6 days Western Caribbean from Miami on Emp of the Seas for $807 Cdn ($960 Cdn including tax and fees), with $50 instant savings, and $25 OBC. Inside singles is 100% SS.

Seen both on RC website and a Vacation discount website.

I am seeing currently seeing the following nice singles rates on VTG:

Seven night cruises through the Canary Islands and Morocco on the Pullmantur Horizon starting at $33 a night (plus taxes). Several dates in March.

Seven night cruises between Bombay and the Maldives on the Costa neoRiviera starting at $66 a night (plus taxes). Many dates in December, January, and February.

I've been watching Alaska cruise prices since the first of the year, and solos are still 200% for the most part. If you'e booked solos before, when did you start seeing drops? I'm on the east coast, so I have the usual air and hotel add ons, so I'm looking for a deal!

Last season , the drops were less than a week before sailing. I picked up 2.

I'll speculate there will be NCL deals this season with the Bliss sailing, adding over 1000 passengers per week, I'll be checking the Jewel, every week and be ready to go. :)

Hi R@@@--- It was nice sailing with you as well. I just did the Sun again around the horn. :) Anyway, I met another solo that knows you on the Jade I took in December- Henderson?

Hope this New Orleans cruise opens up for you- sounds great.

That’s a great price, here is another one

15-night Middle East Cruise from Abu Dhabi to Civitavecchia

Celebrity Constellation

Apr 22,2018

Ports of call: Abu Dhabi; Muscat; Aqaba; Cruising Suez Canal; Athens; Katakolon; Civitavecchia

Ocean view cabins $1420 including taxes and fees

This one is not the best deal I've ever seen, but decent for those who like to plan ahead. The deposit is only $99, and final payment due by January 1, 2019.

-------------------------

MSC Divina

roundtrip Civitavecchia

Western Mediterranean

April 14-21, 2019

interior $627 (additional $43.16 government fees & taxes)

The above fare is for the Bella Experience. Additional $72 charge for Fantastica.

-------------------------

As many of us have status matched MSC to our loyalty level with other companies, the fare and upcharge can be reduced further by 5%.

Similar to Logan25 above, catch the Divina in Miami 3/14 for a 20 day TA + some Mediterranean,

For $1478. Not the cheapest, but not bad for one year ahead. Note, it includes a lot of port time.

Two days NY, Bermuda, & Portugal X 2. I'm thinking about it. I would prefer NCL, but the solo

deals are so last minute.