MITSUGIRLYS DAWN TO BERMUDA NOVEL (or review as some may call it)

mitsugirly

There are so many settings on the Olympus Tough. I would suggest playing around with it and changing the settings until you see something that you like. If you put it on the miniature setting, it really pops the colors, but you get the focus in one area with the blur around it (that's what causes the miniature look). I use landscape a lot because it pops the colors in the landscape with the blues and greens. It does have a setting under the program mode with a "vivid" color setting in it with a bunch of other settings. There's just so many various settings and I'm always switching back and forth with them until I get something that I like. It also has a HDR setting, but depending on the background, it can get a little harsh. Have fun with the camera...I find them pretty darn amazing. :D

Did you use it underwater?

• 1 month later...
I will try to remember to post a link. However, just know when I do a review, you will find the link in my signature line (no matter where I post, including here ;)). So you could come back here and you'll see the "breakaway" show up in the signature and will be able to click on it and get there. :D

Didn't work for me?

By the way, I was able to binge read your review. Awesome! Now, I'm trying to find another!!!

Didn't work for me?

By the way, I was able to binge read your review. Awesome! Now, I'm trying to find another!!!

Are you on a computer? I have heard that if you are on a phone or ipad that sometimes it don't work. Try looking on a computer. Now that they have changed the signatures on here, you have to expand the signature line and look for the reviews in it. They all go to each review.

Thank you so much for the pictures of the sideways inside cabin. I have been looking for as many pictures as I can find of them as we are booked in one for our two week adventure to Alaska on the Sun. We've sailed before, once with an oceanview on Carnival, once in a balcony room on Princess, and once in a balcony mini-suite on Princess. So this will be an adjustment for us. But I think we'll like it!

Thank you so much for the pictures of the sideways inside cabin. I have been looking for as many pictures as I can find of them as we are booked in one for our two week adventure to Alaska on the Sun. We've sailed before, once with an oceanview on Carnival, once in a balcony room on Princess, and once in a balcony mini-suite on Princess. So this will be an adjustment for us. But I think we'll like it!

I really like the side ways cabins. They are so unique and it feels less congested inside to me. I hope you enjoy it. :)

• 9 months later...
Mitsugirly - looking at your Bermuda photos - which of your cameras did you use for those?

It probably would have been my Olympus Tough 620. I would have to go back and read the entire review to find out where I would have posted the actual information (since everyone always ask what camera...and I have since started including that in the beginning of the reviews now). I "might" have bought my 830 by then, but not sure. I do know I didn't have my TG4 yet at this point. So...I'm going with the 620. :D

• 1 month later...

My screen name is a name that was created many years ago. I drove a Mitsubishi Eclipse. Due to having that car, that's how I met my husband 13 years ago. So I just used Mitsubishigirl or Mitsugirly (shortened) for several of the forums I was on. We were so into these cars and the power they could produce with just a few mods that we (our family, my kids, brothers, and a lot of the family members) had a total of 23 of them in a matter of a few years. Yeah, that's a little hooked you could say.

I just recently got rid of the car 2 months ago (which had become a garage magnet for the last 5 years, it was converted to a race car years ago with a fully built engine, so we didn't drive it all the time. I have only been hanging on to it for so long because of the memories and what it stood for. I finally decided it was just taking up too much space and time for it to go). So no more Mitsubishi's for us. :p We all drive Audi's now and I've switched my "name" on several things. Of course on here, I don't think there's a way to switch the name you pick. So, I will forever be Mitsugirly on here.

IMG_0838_zpsordt4wy3.jpg

Here built engine from several years back that was update even more after this picture:

mitsubishigirl_zpsz26ehidd.jpg

So that's the story of mitsugirly. :D

Actually you can change your screen name, I did it when I first got on to cruise critic. You just contact the moderator and let them know the reason for your change, and they should be able to accommodate you.

Actually you can change your screen name, I did it when I first got on to cruise critic. You just contact the moderator and let them know the reason for your change, and they should be able to accommodate you.

Honestly, I've been around here for years and everyone knows me with that name so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to change it at this point. Good to know though...just in case. :)

• 2 weeks later...
P6090914%20copy-L.jpg

The color of the coral in this area was just gorgeous!

P6090915%20copy-L.jpg

P6090916%20copy-L.jpg

Then I spotted a sea cucumber. I love these little no brain animals. Yes, they have no true brain and instead have a nerve "ring". They don't have eyes but have a mouth. One fact I bet you all always wanted to know is that it breathes by drawing water into their anus and expelling it. That's all I really remember knowing about them when I looked it up once I found my very first sea cucumber at Little French Key in Roatan a few years ago. LOL But I guess those are the only facts one really needs to know about these things right?

P6090917%20copy-L.jpg

Notice how nicely my scar is healing up on my arm? I knew the salt water would do it some good and my only concern was how much it was going to sting...but it didn't, at all.

P6090918%20copy-L.jpg

I took it over for the kids to see because Sakari is just like me and has great interest in everything salt water. She has held them before, she knows not to keep it up out of the water and to gently release it back to the ocean floor. She knows that if it gets flipped over by mistake that it can and will flip itself back over on it's own.

I still can't believe this child trust me to continue to put things from the ocean in her hands after our last adventure of me putting a bearded fire worm in her hand that gave her multiple stings that would last for a good hour of solid crying. Yep, this girl still trust me after that with no hesitation. Just saying...

P6090919%20copy-L.jpg

Sea cucumber is a delicacy in Chinese cooking, highly prized 😊

• 10 months later...

So, I've finally finished your review. I think I might've started reading it when you first posted it back in 2015 and then got sidetracked along the way.  Thank you for putting it together. My family and I are booked to sail to Bermuda from Boston in June.  Your Bermuda "itinerary" was very similar on what we're planning on doing.  There just seems to be quite a bit to do and the luxury of being in port for 2.5 days is such a bonus that I was almost getting overwhelmed on "what to do" and "when".  At first, I was thinking about packing in a lot of sightseeing (we do a lot of land-based travel in Europe), but as our cruise gets closer,  lots of beach time is what I'm looking forward to (and I believe my family would not disagree)...although we all like to golf, so I need to figure where to fit that in...maybe just a round of mini-golf at the Dock Yard or find a driving range on the island.  :classic_biggrin:

On 2/11/2019 at 2:03 PM, chapchap said:

So, I've finally finished your review. I think I might've started reading it when you first posted it back in 2015 and then got sidetracked along the way.  Thank you for putting it together. My family and I are booked to sail to Bermuda from Boston in June.  Your Bermuda "itinerary" was very similar on what we're planning on doing.  There just seems to be quite a bit to do and the luxury of being in port for 2.5 days is such a bonus that I was almost getting overwhelmed on "what to do" and "when".  At first, I was thinking about packing in a lot of sightseeing (we do a lot of land-based travel in Europe), but as our cruise gets closer,  lots of beach time is what I'm looking forward to (and I believe my family would not disagree)...although we all like to golf, so I need to figure where to fit that in...maybe just a round of mini-golf at the Dock Yard or find a driving range on the island.  :classic_biggrin:

Glad you finally got to finish it. hehe

Have a wonderful cruise in Bermuda. I actually looked into going back for Spring Break but I just couldn't get past the 72 degree water during that time of year since we are beach people and would want to maybe rent another whaler or jet skis. I hope you make it back there again in the future. I just loved Bermuda!

• 6 months later...

Wow.

Your organization is impressive.  I am just seeing this because I was following your Breakaway review and had to see your set up.  Like I said, just WOW.

I do enjoy your reviews!  The humor and all of the observations, good and 'bad'.  It is all helpful and interesting!

Thank you!

Now, back to your Breakaway review...........

21 hours ago, BigNance said:

Wow.

Your organization is impressive.  I am just seeing this because I was following your Breakaway review and had to see your set up.  Like I said, just WOW.

I do enjoy your reviews!  The humor and all of the observations, good and 'bad'.  It is all helpful and interesting!

Thank you!

Now, back to your Breakaway review...........

Thanks so much for the comments. Glad you enjoy the reviews and humor. :)