A GOOD TIP Night Light for the Bathroom

daka

If you are of the age that needs to get up at night to use the bathroom....do yourself a favor and bring a small plug in NIGHT LIGHT for the bathroom....saves turning on he bright bathroom light and completely waking yourself up....

If you are of the age that needs to get up at night to use the bathroom....do yourself a favor and bring a small plug in NIGHT LIGHT for the bathroom....saves turning on he bright bathroom light and completely waking yourself up....

Yes, good idea, BUT …. as we discovered, you can't do that on certain ships! So we take the cheap battery operated tea lights instead and use them.

Reason: the power point(s) - for shavers or else - go off when the bathroom light is switched off!! This happens on the Sun (and also the Sky, being a sister ship), Epic, Breakaway, Getaway and Escape and most likely Bliss. DH has to recharge his electric shaver in the room not in the bathroom!

The Jewel class ships - Jewel, Jade, Pearl and Gem are okay. Spirit too.

Can't remember about the Dawn and Star.

Try googling for 9-volt light. It’s a small plastic piece with two tiny LEDs that fits onto the terminals of a 9-volt battery. At the Lo setting it lasts way over 100 hours. We bought ours for camping about 15 years ago.

I leave the bathroom light on all night, with the door closed. The light shines thru just a bit from the bathroom door frame, and it is just enough to let me know where the bathroom is located in the middle of the night!

And where do you propose to plug such said night light in? We only found one outlet in our cabin on the Epic and it was near the balcony door. That won't help you reach and use the bathroom on the other side of the cabin!

On the Epic, there is no bathroom. The shaver outlet is above the sink at the foot of the bed. On other ships, the shaver outlet is in the bathroom.

On the Epic, the power outlets are inside the counter cabinet at the foot of the bed. You open door to get to the outlets. We bring a non-surge protected power bar to bring power to the countertop.

Yes on the little flashlight..one for either side of the bed..it is switchable to red, doesn't wake me up as much as turning on the bright light fin the bathroom.

A small size flameless candle works very well in navigating to the loo in the middle of the nite without waking your cabinmate(s)...softer light than a flashlight.

Actually this trip I’ll also take my small tabletop fan (battery powered) that I just ordered for hurricane season. Good air circulation, white noise and it has a little light also.

Leave the light on and don't quite close the door, use a towel to keep it open a little.

The full light will wake you up the battery candle won’t.

Something to do with melatonin I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a nightlight with us on the Getaway for the bathroom...but never found an outlet in the bathroom. I definitely recommend something battery operated. The bathroom light is super bright and lights up the whole room at night when you open the door and woke up the light sleeper in the group. The light switch is on the outside of the bathroom so you have to turn it on before you get in.

These are USB powered LED lights, I have these with dual bulbs and 3 bulbs, bright or natural color - use it on a spare USB charging port, standalone USB battery pack (including those lipstick style as a night candle) or via smartphone's micro-usb charging port, draw very little current & stay bright for hundreds of hours continuously.

Costs about $1 each on eBay, tossed them into our travel gadget pouches. aee5f806601f9ab6287d0f4ffaf5808f.jpg

from Nexus Pixel 2 AOSP Oreo on Tapatalk ... T-Mobile/Fios

I leave the bathroom light on all night, with the door closed. The light shines thru just a bit from the bathroom door frame, and it is just enough to let me know where the bathroom is located in the middle of the night!

That's what we do also.