Just came back for Havana used Blexie OMG

hertz4319

Beth Shalom Temple

Entre 13 y 15, 259 Calle I, La Habana 10400, Cuba

We went to another one near it but Blexie knew where it was at , Are you using Blexie ?? If so please let me know

Steve

Hi Steve, yes, we are going in June. We have a 6 hour tour with Blexie. I like to visit local Temples when we travel. I was doing some research here and on TA and did not find any info. Thanks.

Hi Steve, yes, we are going in June. We have a 6 hour tour with Blexie. I like to visit local Temples when we travel. I was doing some research here and on TA and did not find any info. Thanks.

I would like to send you something to give to him would that be ok ???

I would like to send you something to give to him would that be ok ???

Totally depends on what it is, how much it weighs, how bit it is and if its wrapped or I am able to determine it is nothing illegal, etc.

What's your email and I will shoot you a message.

Totally depends on what it is, how much it weighs, how bit it is and if its wrapped or I am able to determine it is nothing illegal, etc.

What's your email and I will shoot you a message.

stbr51 at gmx dot com

We just got back from Havana. We also booked our tour with Blexie. Our guide was Raul. There was also a driver. We had a wonderful day. There were 8 of us.

Hi....four of us have a tour booked with Blexie in November and he indicated that Raul would be our guide. Can you tell me anything more about your day with him? How was his English? We’re hoping to learn about Cuba’s history and seeing all there is to see in Havana. Did you do the standard tour or were you able to customize the tour to your liking? Did you stop for lunch and if so, do you remember where? Thanks for any answers about your tour you can provide!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi....four of us have a tour booked with Blexie in November and he indicated that Raul would be our guide. Can you tell me anything more about your day with him? How was his English? We’re hoping to learn about Cuba’s history and seeing all there is to see in Havana. Did you do the standard tour or were you able to customize the tour to your liking? Did you stop for lunch and if so, do you remember where? Thanks for any answers about your tour you can provide!

We where with Belxie last month I can tell you that just tell Raul where you want to go and they will take you. Yes we did stop for Lunch but do not remember the name. We did customize the tour as our tour was 10 am to 10 pm

Here are some of the pictures we took

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMErsaCccfV9WFJt-mZQnYJJrRAedkfFIPd5LS_gdVihHPoRRZY7E2BXLlWWc5Psw?key=VGZEZTZMQmRKUFlIUWo3RmxOZ1Z1UmhLanJYVnl3

We where with Belxie last month I can tell you that just tell Raul where you want to go and they will take you. Yes we did stop for Lunch but do not remember the name. We did customize the tour as our tour was 10 am to 10 pm

Here are some of the pictures we took

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMErsaCccfV9WFJt-mZQnYJJrRAedkfFIPd5LS_gdVihHPoRRZY7E2BXLlWWc5Psw?key=VGZEZTZMQmRKUFlIUWo3RmxOZ1Z1UmhLanJYVnl3

Thanks so much! Loved all your pictures!

Emailed Blexie last wk re June 25 tour. Waiting patiently, but how long to wait before I check out another old car tour co. Wk 10 days ?

Usually a few days If no answer try using a different email address you have and tell him what happened

Emailed Blexie last wk re June 25 tour. Waiting patiently, but how long to wait before I check out another old car tour co. Wk 10 days ?

We have a tour booked with him on June 19th and it did take him a few days to respond but very accommodating to our requests. Can't wait!!

We had a fantastic time with Blexie. Please be aware he conducts his own tours so he is not available during the day to answer e-mails. Also in Cuba wireless internet is only available in parks. So when he gets home from a tour all day. He goes to the park and answers e-mails. If it is raining he can not go to the park. Please be patient in waiting for a reply from him. Trust me it will be worth the wait. His tour was in the top two for us and we have been on 16 cruises. Thanks Stewart

Does Blexie do evening or night tours. We dock at 4 PM? Not interested in the night club excursion offered by the cruise line?

We are booked with him on June 27. He confirmed within few days. He doesn’t have internet so it may take him a little while to get your message and get back to you. He may already be booked as well... I wouldn’t wait to long for fear of everything being booked! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does Blexie do evening or night tours. We dock at 4 PM? Not interested in the night club excursion offered by the cruise line?

I am sure he would We had the tour from 10am till 10 pm then he took us to Tropicana

Email him

How did you get back from the Tropicana to the ship? Did Blexie wait for you, or return to take you back?

He talked to a person at the Tropicana and told them him needed a cab to go back to ship .

There are a lot of cabs there so there is no problem

• 2 weeks later...

We just spent a day this week with Blexie and it was a wonderful experience! He customized the stops on the tour based on our interests and made some adjustments due to the extreme heat. We got a great overview of the key points of interest and such great conversation between stops. Blexie’s English is as good as ours and he shared great insight on what life is like living in Cuba while showing us the amazing architecture and history of the city. We did ask him a lot of questions about the nightlife and bars, and he mentioned that he is thinking of offering evening bar tours. If you ask him I’m sure he would create an itinerary for you. Based on our research and his recommendations we took a taxi back out for the evening for dinner and daiquiris and enjoyed it as we didn’t want to see a large production show.

We are booked with him on June 27. He confirmed within few days. He doesn’t have internet so it may take him a little while to get your message and get back to you. He may already be booked as well... I wouldn’t wait to long for fear of everything being booked! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While Blexie himself was our guide this week, he mentioned he has several other associates that work with him. The day we spent with him he had 7 other guides out with passengers from our ship as well. He was amazing! Can’t recommend him enough!

We are booked also with blexie... can you give me suggestions as to where you went? I have a few places of interest but would love to learn of more.

We don’t go. Until January. Thanks tobie

We are booked also with blexie... can you give me suggestions as to where you went? I have a few places of interest but would love to learn of more.

We don’t go. Until January. Thanks tobie

We walked through the old city . First stop was to a school/orphanage where we delivered several bags of toys/toiletries, etc that we had brought after reading about what is needed and difficult to find in Cuba. We were offered a tour of the school and took a video of the children singing . So Heartwarming! We walked through the 4 main squares in the old city to see the cathedral and main monuments and historical sites. Then we drove down the malecon towards Fusterlandia which is an entire neighborhood covered with mosaic tiles. Reminded me of Parc Guell in Barcelona. Then we visited the Plaza de revolucion to see the square where Castro gathered millions and the Pope visited. We visited John Lennon park to see his statue and some once beautiful crumbling architecture surrounding the park. Blexie took us to a private home-turned restaurant called Mi Casa and had a wonderful lunch. We asked to visit a local grocery store (I always learn a lot visiting those) and discovered they have one for tourists and a very sad, limited supply version for locals. We saw Hemingway’s hotel and his bar, Floridita where we later returned for some famous daiquiris. (We were not interested in a large production show at nite so we took a taxi back out for dinner and some local music and drinks.). A little shopping down from the pier ended the day. It was just an awesome day! If you research Havana “things to do” on trip advisor and here you can make a list of what interests you and he will customize the tour to your preferences. Quick note - we didn’t opt for a convertible as it was at least 95 that day and the sedan had AC! Since you’re going during a cooler time of year a convertible would be perfect! Oh! Blexie really needs sunglasses (good polarized ones) and dish washing liquid (really - he can’t find it there). We took him baseball caps and he liked those I think.

We walked through the old city . First stop was to a school/orphanage where we delivered several bags of toys/toiletries, etc that we had brought after reading about what is needed and difficult to find in Cuba. We were offered a tour of the school and took a video of the children singing . So Heartwarming! We walked through the 4 main squares in the old city to see the cathedral and main monuments and historical sites. Then we drove down the malecon towards Fusterlandia which is an entire neighborhood covered with mosaic tiles. Reminded me of Parc Guell in Barcelona. Then we visited the Plaza de revolucion to see the square where Castro gathered millions and the Pope visited. We visited John Lennon park to see his statue and some once beautiful crumbling architecture surrounding the park. Blexie took us to a private home-turned restaurant called Mi Casa and had a wonderful lunch. We asked to visit a local grocery store (I always learn a lot visiting those) and discovered they have one for tourists and a very sad, limited supply version for locals. We saw Hemingway’s hotel and his bar, Floridita where we later returned for some famous daiquiris. (We were not interested in a large production show at nite so we took a taxi back out for dinner and some local music and drinks.). A little shopping down from the pier ended the day. It was just an awesome day! If you research Havana “things to do” on trip advisor and here you can make a list of what interests you and he will customize the tour to your preferences. Quick note - we didn’t opt for a convertible as it was at least 95 that day and the sedan had AC! Since you’re going during a cooler time of year a convertible would be perfect! Oh! Blexie really needs sunglasses (good polarized ones) and dish washing liquid (really - he can’t find it there). We took him baseball caps and he liked those I think.

We are looking forward to our trip with him this month! Good to know about the items he could use. Anything else to add on a good to know basis?