Was The Nite Before Sailing.....Cabins Still Empty

Elaine515

Why doesn't Carnival lower their prices so that the ship is fill?

Just got off the phone and there are cabins available for this weeks Fascination & Imagination cruises but the prices are absolutely ridiculous. Now, of course I realize its Xmas and New Years sailings but its not the first time I've tried to book within a day or two and I have never had anyone offer me a lower rate..

WHY ???? Wouldn't it be to their advantage to get us on the ship and hope to get some of the $$$$$$s back from drinking/gambling/tours instead of having an empty cabin not collecting any revenue at all?

Am I missing something here? Am I suppose to call someone else? A "backdoor" telephone # perhaps????

MERRY XMAS ALL..............

Just how crazy are the prices??? I'm already booked on the VIctory for SUnday, but this is interesting to me...

I heard that those retired miami folks camp out in their cars and with $50.oo and some coupons they are in :D

Fred

I, for one, don't believe that homeland security regulations permit any last-minute bookings, whatever the price.

Also, this being the Christmas/New Year's seaon I would think that they sell out pretty much every cabin when people buy last-minute gifts.

When I called earlier this afternoon, the Carnival Rep gave me a price of $2400 for the Monday-Friday cruise and $2100 for the Friday-Monday one (both 4A category)....

And yes Fred, even through I don't have $50, also no coupons, and I'm not old enough to retire yet, I did have one Rep tell me that I might be able to get it cheaper if I went down to the Pier the morning of sailing with bags packed and see if I could get on a ship!!!

And celticd1 I also thought that passengers would wait until the last minute to book, but only those that can, and most of us, unfortunately, can't....

The cruise industry used to operate that way. It didnt allow for them to plan forward and it was a very cut throat low margin marketing strategy. What they do now is reward those who book early (you heard of the upgrade fairy) with the lowest prices being available the further out you book.

They wil also upgrade those in lower categories first and charge full price to those booking later. Those booking later end up in the categories the early bokkers have been moved out of.

We ussually get the best prices 11 months before we plan on cruising. We also use best past passenger rates free category upgrades and have never been undersold. We are currently booked on the Liberty in March with Balcony cabins on the Panorama deck. Our rate was $979 in June. Now it is upwards to $1579.

When I called earlier this afternoon, the Carnival Rep gave me a price of $2400 for the Monday-Friday cruise and $2100 for the Friday-Monday one (both 4A category)....

And yes Fred, even through I don't have $50, also no coupons, and I'm not old enough to retire yet, I did have one Rep tell me that I might be able to get it cheaper if I went down to the Pier the morning of sailing with bags packed and see if I could get on a ship!!!

And celticd1 I also thought that passengers would wait until the last minute to book, but only those that can, and most of us, unfortunately, can't....

Wow that 2400 is alot moe than I paid for a 9A on a 7 day cruise.

Why doesn't Carnival lower their prices so that the ship is fill?

Just got off the phone and there are cabins available for this weeks Fascination & Imagination cruises but the prices are absolutely ridiculous. Now, of course I realize its Xmas and New Years sailings but its not the first time I've tried to book within a day or two and I have never had anyone offer me a lower rate..

Sorry that Carnival hasn't dropped the price but I have to ask if you have tried this numerous times and it hasn't worked. then why don't you book the cruise farther out and get a lower price then. I have never ever had a cruise fare drop after I have booked my cruise. I have heard of other CC members who price has dropped I haven't been so lucky. I have never had to pay more than $1600 for a cruise either. I normally book about 6 months out.

Sorry that Carnival hasn't dropped the price but I have to ask if you have tried this numerous times and it hasn't worked. then why don't you book the cruise farther out and get a lower price then. I have never ever had a cruise fare drop after I have booked my cruise. I have heard of other CC members who price has dropped I haven't been so lucky. I have never had to pay more than $1600 for a cruise either. I normally book about 6 months out.

To answer your question... I always book my "yearly" cruise at least 7 months out but every now and then work offers us "excused time", but only telling us a day or two before its being offered. At that time, I come home, mention it to my husband and parents, and most times, we're on the phone to Carnival trying for a last minute cruise.... If I can just convince work to tell me months in advance when they plan on offering E-Time!!!! :)

Archived