Zebrugges?

Zeebrugge has nothing at all to offer. It's just a port, a few houses, a couple of shops.

Bruges is by far the most popular destination, but there,s also the kusttram (coastal tram) which takes you about 3 miles to Blankenberge (beach resort town) or further to Ostend (quite attractive) or just beyond to the Atlantic Wall site/museum at Raversjyde (spelling).

JB :)

• 2 weeks later...
Your cruise line will offer a shuttle bus into the nearby seaside town of Blankenberge, either free or at a price. This is a pleasant place (but no canals!).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If we manage to get a shuttle from our cruise ship to Blanenburg, is it far for a wheelchair user to get to the beach?

If we manage to get a shuttle from our cruise ship to Blanenburg, is it far for a wheelchair user to get to the beach?

I seem to remember we walked along the main street of shops down to the seafront, where there is a nice prom. But the exact distance I cannot recall. You could try looking at maps or google earth. They drop you near to the railway station.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you don't want to visit Bruges, a very interesting and moving trip is Flanders Fields and Ypres. Extremely worth seeing

Agreed.

But mebbe not for Americans - their troops were waaaaay down at the southern end of the Western Front around Verdun / Luxembourg.

Flanders was very much the Brit / Commonwealth end of the Front.

And Ypres is awkward from Zeebrugge, even with a rental car or tour.

JB :)

From the drop off you cross a busy road then to get to the beach you walk to the end of a shopping street around 400 metres long but there are around 30+ steps to get to the beach so it is not wheelchair friendly.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Forums mobile app