Review: Reduit Beach ~OnOurOwn~

OCruisers

REVIEW: REDUIT BEACH ~OnOurOwn~

--> caribbeandiva (who lives in St.Lucia) hope you read this! Thank you so very much for all of the help you gave us with our plans!

On past cruise stops in St.Lucia we've done a variety of excursions. This time we just wanted to go to the beach.

Had a great time! :) No problem finding a friendly taxi driver to take us to Reduit Beach and drop us off at Spinnaker's Beach Bar & Restaurant for $22 Roundtrip. (We gave him $30 when he returned us to the ship.)

We rented two chairs and an umbrella for $15. While the water was certainly Caribbean Blue and quite clean (no debris), it was a bit cloudy from the waves stirring the sand. ~Nice sandy beach & ocean floor -- no need for water shoes.~ Really enjoyed our time at the beach!

The beach bar part of Spinnaker's was perfect -- yummy drinks! :p Wish we could have stayed longer!

Note: It only took us 20 minutes each way ... BUT ... our taxi driver told us it was sometimes 30 minutes, depending on traffic ......

This was the BEST time we have ever had in St.Lucia!!!! :)

Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

I've never been to St. Lucia before and wanted to take the land/sea tour to see it all, but my husband won't commit to a 7 hour tour. He's agreed to take a one hour helicopter tour of the island, and then I think we'll head over to Reduit beach for a while. That way I'll get to "see" the island, and he can relax. :)

Hi OCruisers,

Did you have any trouble renting chairs on the beach? Was the bar convenient enough to take drinks on the beach while you reclined in the sun?

We're traveling with another couple and are looking for a fun beach day for the last insland on our cruise. We're trying to decide between Reduit on our own or a day pass to Rendezvous.

Appreciate you help,

Dee

Dee .... We had absolutely NO PROBLEM renting beach chairs/umbrella. Spinniker's is great -- drank many of their "tasty adult beverages" while being totally usless in our lounge chairs on the beach! :D

Floridamom .... We've been on that "Land and Sea" and the "sea" part is LOTS better than the "land" part! Your HELICOPTER Tour sounds interesting ... and a painless way to see the island! Please give us a report when you return.

We didn't have any trouble renting chairs at the beach, however we got there early in the morning. By about noon, people were waiting in line to get chairs. So I would suggest getting there earlier in the day. Another thing I liked about the beach was the fact that even though they have vendors going up & down the beach, if you tell them no once they will not bother you anymore-unlike some of the other islands! We really enjoyed our first trip to the island & look forward to spending more time in the future on their beaches. We also took a cab from the ship & had no problems.

Sandi

• 1 month later...
Thanks' date=' Ocruisers. We are trying to decide between this beach and Rendevous Beach (all inclusive). Any opinions on that? I'm a native South Carolinian, by the way![/quote']

max'smom (fellow South Carolinian) .... Please tell all of us CC folks what you decided to do in St.Lucia and how you liked it? :)

Hey O Cruisers!

We've been back a little over a week now and I'm ready to go again! We opted for the Rendezvous all inclusive resort and were very pleased. It was a short taxi ride from the ship. The property is very nice. It was a very quiet, relaxing day...with people there to wait on you....bring you drinks, serve you lunch, fix drinks for you while you are in the pool. I really enjoyed it and will more than likely return.

Where in SC are you from? My hometown was *****. Lived and taught school in Greenville for 14 years.

As a younger traveler, ages 23-26, my friends and I are looking for a nice beach to go to or excursion but at the same time has some entertainment such as a steel drum band or some music, etc. Anyone know of any such places or excursions?

• 1 month later...

Hi. we are going to St. Lucia on Adv. of the Seas and were also thinking about the Rendezvous. Did you email them and pay ahead or did you just go when you docked? Did:) you do the all day or the half day pass? What was the charge of the cab ride each way? Thank you so much. Any info would be appreciated. How was the food?

MK

Hey O Cruisers!

We've been back a little over a week now and I'm ready to go again! We opted for the Rendezvous all inclusive resort and were very pleased. It was a short taxi ride from the ship. The property is very nice. It was a very quiet' date=' relaxing day...with people there to wait on you....bring you drinks, serve you lunch, fix drinks for you while you are in the pool. I really enjoyed it and will more than likely return.

Where in SC are you from? My hometown was *****. Lived and taught school in Greenville for 14 years.[/quote']

Thanks for the report on Rendezvous! Our port time was so limited the last time we could not even consider doing an all inclusive. Maybe next time!

Wow! ***** has really grown! Several weeks ago, we were there for a funeral. We are from Columbia.

I’m seriously considering going to this beach with my family of four next April. My children will be 7 and 12.

While I do not mind the 30 minutes each way, would those that have gone think it was worth it.

I do not want to be at a beach that has many cruisers and very crowded. I just want a very nice relaxing day at a clean beach with my family that has lounge chairs, bathrooms and food/drink.

We are beach people and love the beach.

Thank you all very much for all your reviews and help.

I’m seriously considering going to this beach with my family of four next April. My children will be 7 and 12.

While I do not mind the 30 minutes each way, would those that have gone think it was worth it.

I do not want to be at a beach that has many cruisers and very crowded. I just want a very nice relaxing day at a clean beach with my family that has lounge chairs, bathrooms and food/drink.

We are beach people and love the beach.

Thank you all very much for all your reviews and help.

js .... Reduit is a rather "active" beach and it can get crowded. We had a good time BUT not sure it's what you want. Just trying to be totally honest!

Feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Good luck planning! Happy Sailing! OCruisers :)

OCruisers, thank you very much. The write ups sound wonderful but that is not what I’m looking for.

Back to the drawing board. I would like a nice, less crowded beach, with food/drink and bathrooms and renting a chair is a must.

Thank you all very much!

I'll be sailing with js and her family (I'm her MOM ) and was just hoping that someone who has been there and done that could suggest a less crowded beach. As js said we are also looking to be able to rent lounge chairs and be able to buy some food and use bathroom facilities. Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

karen .... Maybe I've OVERSTATED the crowd you'll find! Yes, there will be quite a few others around BUT it is NOTwall-to-wall! There was always plenty of space around us both at the beach and in the water at our location in front of Spinnaker's.

Road Warrior .... There is also a hotel directly on the beach (about 2 blocks up from Spinnaker's) but we never make it there to check it out. Sorry, not to be of more help!

• 1 year later...

We have done Reduit Beach on our own, both via a land vacation and cruise. The beach is somewhat long so it was not crowded, though the area close to the Rex Hotel might have more people as the hotel guests also use that area of the beach.

You can use the hotel's bathrooms that are on the beach, renting a chair was not a problem. There are boat trips leaving to Pigeon Island, Kayaks, Hobie Cats and jet skis for rent at the beach as well.

Looking left:

P1010036-1.jpg

Looking right:

P1010038-1.jpg

Archived