mealtime options besides buffet

I am going to be sailing with friends who are new to Celebrity. She wishes to avoid the buffet for dietary reasons, and I hope someone will be able to spell out what other options are available for lunch on board.

First, is the dining room open for lunch every day, or only sea days? Also, what other venues can be considered? We are sailing on the 15 day Trans Atlantic on the Eclipse. Thanks for your input.

Stan

Edited by AZ Stan (FKA Stan in Chicago)
correction

How many sea days will you have out of the 15? 7,8,9, or 10? There will be few days to have to find another venue to eat in.

That said, what type of 'dietary reasons"?

My wife has Celiac, and the care and attention to the details of her disease were better cared for in the buffet area on the Reflection in 2013, and the Equinox in 2014, than in the MDR or the Specialty venues.

The dining room is open for breakfast and lunch daily.Any special dietary should be discussed when you board the ship through the maitre d. They are very accomodating and make sure everything is to your request.

The aqua spa cafe is lovely but very small with limited seating. It has gotten really popular so be prepared.

The dining room is open for breakfast and lunch daily.Any special dietary should be discussed when you board the ship through the maitre d. They are very accomodating and make sure everything is to your request.

The aqua spa cafe is lovely but very small with limited seating. It has gotten really popular so be prepared.

I've never seen the dining room open for lunch on port days but then it's been a year since I cruised so maybe that's changed? And aqua spa cafe has limited seating as you say but also limited menu...

Hi Casper, the dining room is not open for lunch daily. Sea days only.

It has not been open on port days for years.....and years.

Besides the MDR there is

the Mast Grill,

Gastro bar,

Blu for aqua guests,

Tuscan Grille,

Lawn Club

Qsine,

Bistro on Five,

Spa Cafe

and one or two I have forgotten to mention...

finally a decent room service menu.

You might get better or more specific answers if "dietary reasons" were explained.

bosco

Edited by boscobeans

Thanks, I get confused . Too many ships and too many years. LOL

bosco

Celebrity only has 9 ships.....it is good you don't have to remember

all the ships Carnival and Royal have in their fleets:eek:

Celebrity only has 9 ships.....it is good you don't have to remember

all the ships Carnival and Royal have in their fleets:eek:

It's probably a good thing not having cruised on Carnival. Trying to remember all the similarities and differences on the Celebrity and RCCL ships is hard enough.

bosco

You might get better or more specific answers if "dietary reasons" were explained.

bosco

I don't know what the dietary reasons are but the buffet would seem to be her best choice. Dozens more choices of just about anything.

Has the OP ever helped us out with the "dietary reasons" ?