What are your favorite Cruise Vlogs ?

Cruise Videos
Share your personal cruise video's with others! (no commercial videos please)

By posting your video in our Cruise Video Forum, we may use your video elsewhere on Cruisecritic.com.

Guidelines
- No commerical or promotional videos allowed.
- If the video is yours, please clearly state that. If it isn't clear to whom it belongs, it will not be eligible to be used elsewhere on Cruisecritic.com.
- Cruise-related videos only. - Please do not use this forum to promote your website.

How to Display (Embed) YouTube Videos in Posts
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:03 PM.
TN
103 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by NightOne
A few more channels I have added to my regularly watched stuff:

Adventures Ahead

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeW...HhLS8SlcxonYjA

These 2 are funny!

La Lido Loca

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqF...JtGfvrMreyjNbw

This one is growing fast!

Thecruisegeeks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAb...fLY59zmVORlOLQ

They have a great audio podcast too
I find La Lido Loca very charming. They are new cruisers so the fact that they have a Cruising community is interesting.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ah, but I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now. Bob Dylan
TN
103 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by Cuervosar
Step 1. Film yourself doing cruisy things on board random cruise
Step 2. Post "vlog" on YouTube & get subscribers
Step 3. Get discounted cruise fare becasue you are now an "influencer???"

Is that how the new gig economy works?

The majority of this content is terrible. This is the 2018 version of your uncle's 1980 slideshow of his trip to the Bahamas.

You know, everybody gather on the couch, lights go down, turn stereo on for "mood music" and then fire away for 8 trays of bad photos featuring Morty and the gang.

We used to do everything possible to avoid that day, and now we willingly subject ourselves to it on YouTube while putting coin in their pocket.

How do you spell "SUCKERS" again?

I hope these people are turning a profit, because why else would you post these vidoes? Does the whole world really need to know what you ate on the Carnival Whatsit for dinner?

Just know that everytime you hit "subscribe" on one of these things, you just discounted their next trip, not yours.
He He
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ohio
995 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by Notonboard
BTW...They are not travel agents. In Florida you have to be licensed. Just saying!
How do you know that they are not possibly licensed? It is true that Florida requires travel agents to be licensed. However, they use a host agency that carries the license in those states where it is required. They then basically work as an independent contractor to the host agency. How else do you think they book all those group cruises? All bookings are made through the name of the host agency.
TN
103 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by dioxide45
How do you know that they are not possibly licensed? It is true that Florida requires travel agents to be licensed. However, they use a host agency that carries the license in those states where it is required. They then basically work as an independent contractor to the host agency. How else do you think they book all those group cruises? All bookings are made through the name of the host agency.
http://hostagencyreviews.com/do-you-...agent-license/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Perth, West Australia
150 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Hi there. We've been cruising for a few years now. What I've noticed is there are not much youtubers that are into cruise travel film making, mainly are vlogs (that's where they can monetize really). So i decided to do a cruise travel film making and here's my ever attempt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ih6Cpcm0Ib8

Hope you'll enjoy
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Voyager of the Seas- 4-Night Spice of Southeast Asia Cruise (14May - 18May 2018) Video
Ovation of the Seas - 8-Night South Pacific Cruise (18Feb - 26Feb 2018)
Voyager of the Seas - 5-Night Spice of Southeast Asia Cruise (3May - 8May 2017)
Celebrity Millenium - 14-Night Indonesia-Malaysia Cruise (3Jan - 17Jan 2016)
Celebrity Millenium - 14-Night South East Asia Holidays Cruise (28Dec 2015 - 3Jan 2016)
Legend of the Seas- 10-Night Thailand-Cambodia-Vietnam Cruise (21Oct - 31Oct 2015)
Rhapsody of the Seas- 11-Night Tropical Queensland Cruise (17Feb - 28Feb 2015)
Celebrity Century- 8-Night South Australia Cruise (11Nov - 19Nov 2014)
Rhapsody of the Seas- 11-Night Tropical Queensland Cruise (28Oct - 8Nov 2014) Video
Rhapsody of the Seas- 11-Night Tropical Queensland Cruise (28Mar - 8Apr 2014) Video
TN
103 Posts
Joined Nov 2014
Originally posted by jeff daniels-hamid
Hi there. We've been cruising for a few years now. What I've noticed is there are not much youtubers that are into cruise travel film making, mainly are vlogs (that's where they can monetize really). So i decided to do a cruise travel film making and here's my ever attempt

Hope you'll enjoy
Nice!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Ohio
995 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by Notonboard
http://hostagencyreviews.com/do-you-...agent-license/
I am not sure what point you are trying to make with the link. The link actually contradicts your prior statement. From the link regarding Florida;

Notes on the Florida Seller of Travel

Okay, there’s a trend. But just because we like to geek out on this, here’s a few exemptions for FLA SOT if you’re with a host:
  • Act for or on behalf of a seller of travel that is operating in compliance with Sections 559.926-559.939, Florida Statutes, the Sellers of Travel Act; AND
  • Have a written contract with the seller(s) of travel listed above (please provide us a copy of the contract); AND
  • Do not receive a fee, commission or other valuable consideration directly from the purchasers of travel or travel related services; AND
  • Do not at any time have any un-issued ticket stock in my possession; AND
  • Do not have the ability to issue tickets, lodging or vacation certificates, or any other travel documents.

When working with a Host Agency, one would meet all of the above criteria to have an exemption for the license.
Memphis, TN
2,128 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Originally posted by jeff daniels-hamid

Hope you'll enjoy
Yes, that is what this thread is about. (Vlogs)

While I consider your video to be a highly professional and commercial looking piece of work it is definitely not a vlog.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carl
7 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
Originally posted by NightOne
Yes, that is what this thread is about. (Vlogs)

While I consider your video to be a highly professional and commercial looking piece of work it is definitely not a vlog.

Carl, are you still enjoying and recommending Sea Cruisers?
Memphis, TN
2,128 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Originally posted by Plashfacker
Carl, are you still enjoying and recommending Sea Cruisers?

Yes, it certainly has changed since Elizabeth is not part of it anymore but I still watch and am a fan.

I just started checking out Sean and Stef IRL too but haven’t watchec enough yet to put it on my favs yet.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carl