.......idle jottings continued

SeaDream Yacht Club

Read SeaDream Yacht Club Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:10 PM.
2,913 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Hotel Manager of SDI Nichola died suddenly onboard early last night (apparently in his sleep).
Our thoughts go to his young wife, newly born child, family, friends and crew of both vessels.
Nichola was very recently promoted from the position of maitre d’ on SDII.
Orlando, Florida, USA
1,206 Posts
Joined May 2000
Originally posted by ho-hum
Hotel Manager of SDI Nichola died suddenly onboard early last night (apparently in his sleep).
Our thoughts go to his young wife, newly born child, family, friends and crew of both vessels.
Nichola was very recently promoted from the position of maitre d’ on SDII.
So tragic and sad. A wonderful man who always had a smile and kind word for everybody. He will be missed and not forgotten.

Chicago area
806 Posts
Joined May 2004
What horrible news. He was so young; it's difficult to believe. I was just communicating with him on Facebook last week, and we were looking forward to seeing him this summer. Our condolences to his wife, son, brother and the rest of his family.
706 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Profoundly sad. He had just gotten his certificate from Cornell and been promoted to HM — not to mention his land family. Heart goes out to all the SD family (past and present) as well. We had just seen him in March. Thanks for letting us know, Hum.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

321 Posts
Joined Jul 2011
Like many of you here, we are devastated by such incredibly sad news. We were just on SD2 last month and missed him by a few days since he had gone home following the birth of their first child. We exchanged emails while we were onboard and he spoke of being overjoyed with the newborn even mentioning his first diaper change. I hope all of us who knew and loved him can find a way to help out his young family at such a tragic time. As many also know, his brother works for SeaDream too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
2,913 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by JES4845
Like many of you here, we are devastated by such incredibly sad news. We were just on SD2 last month and missed him by a few days since he had gone home following the birth of their first child. We exchanged emails while we were onboard and he spoke of being overjoyed with the newborn even mentioning his first diaper change. I hope all of us who knew and loved him can find a way to help out his young family at such a tragic time. As many also know, his brother works for SeaDream too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Tomislav (Nichola’s brother) actually left the company a little while ago.
New York
12 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Colleen and I are deeply saddened by this news. Nikola was a tremendous asset of SeaDream, a gentleman and a genuinely nice and talented man. Oft times he would say to us at disembarkation that this might be his final contract but to our good fortune, there he would be at the top of the gangway to greet us again. Our thoughts and prayers go to his wife, baby, brother and his SeaDream family. He will be dearly missed.
Michigan
123 Posts
Joined Nov 2005
Does anyone have any info on what happened? Nichola was always such a joy and full of life. We missed him when he went to SDII , but learned to love Tomaslav as well. So sorry for his wife and baby.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Washington, DC Area
192 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Heartbreakingly sad. I have family members onboard and early on in the voyage they were texting how wonderful Nichola was treating them and how happy he was with his new position and new son. Life can change in the blink of an eye. Be kind, don't hold grudges and live life to the fullest. Rest in peace Nichola.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

153 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Originally posted by piratelooksat45
Heartbreakingly sad. I have family members onboard and early on in the voyage they were texting how wonderful Nichola was treating them and how happy he was with his new position and new son. Life can change in the blink of an eye. Be kind, don't hold grudges and live life to the fullest. Rest in peace Nichola.

We should start a new subject here in his memory instead of idol jottings

Sent from my iPhone using Forums