Taxi from Vancouver airport

My family and I are arriving in Vancouver on Thursday afternoon. We intend to take a cab from the airport to our hotel downtown. Two adults, two kids, and luggage.

Can we just walk out at baggage claim and get a cab at the airport, or do I need to make previous arrangements? (Reservation.)

Yes we did this last Thursday same number of people. $31 flat fee plus tip. It was great and easy. The dispatcher will help you find the right sized car.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Yes we did this last Thursday same number of people. $31 flat fee plus tip. It was great and easy. The dispatcher will help you find the right sized car.

Did you have to call ahead the previous day, call when you arrived, or just talk to someone at the taxi stand?

Grabbed our luggage, walked outside to the taxi stand, started loading our luggage into the taxi. No reservation. Wish I had taken a video. It was too easy to be believed.

My family and I are arriving in Vancouver on Thursday afternoon. We intend to take a cab from the airport to our hotel downtown. Two adults, two kids, and luggage.

Can we just walk out at baggage claim and get a cab at the airport, or do I need to make previous arrangements? (Reservation.)

There is a cab line outside the exit from International Arrivals. It is on the left side across one small road and no reservation is needed.

Cost is either $31 flat rate for downtown core or $35 flat rate by the pier area and hotels along the water. They will take US$ and credit cards.

There is a cab line outside the exit from International Arrivals. It is on the left side across one small road and no reservation is needed.

Cost is either $31 flat rate for downtown core or $35 flat rate by the pier area and hotels along the water. They will take US$ and credit cards.

$31 USCy or CAD?

$31 USCy or CAD?

CAD. USD will be accepted at a sub-par exchange rate (check actual bank rates just before you come, so you can assess how much of a ripoff any ad hoc exchange is - for quite a while a fair rule of thumb has been 3USD=4CAD, so a cab should be about US$24 if you were getting the official exchange rate or close to it. Handing over US$30 would be enough for a generous tip if you don't feel you'll be in town long enough to warrant acquiring local currency - but credit cards should give you a better rate even if you have a typical 2.5% Foreign Transaction Fee).

$31 USCy or CAD?

Only thinking in CND$.

There is a brochure at YVR with the Flat Rate cab prices to other areas too. Flat Rates for on the way downtown and in the Richmond YVR area.