Advice about Ventura N901

Zombatar

Just booked N901 on Ventura next January which is the cruise P&O run every year going from Southampton to the Caribbean and back. We were going to go on this one last year but had to transfer to another cruise for a variety of reasons. We are really looking forward to this one but we noticed something on the Cruise Planner which I have a feeling could be incorrect. In the Dress section of the itinerary is the following

"Dress Codes for your Cruise: 9 Black Tie Nights, 19 Evening Casual Nights".

This seems like a lot of formal nights for P&O. We don't mind in the least as we love dressing up but can any of you who have done this cruise in past years confirm this?

Peter and Jenny

Just booked N901 on Ventura next January which is the cruise P&O run every year going from Southampton to the Caribbean and back. We were going to go on this one last year but had to transfer to another cruise for a variety of reasons. We are really looking forward to this one but we noticed something on the Cruise Planner which I have a feeling could be incorrect. In the Dress section of the itinerary is the following

"Dress Codes for your Cruise: 9 Black Tie Nights, 19 Evening Casual Nights".

This seems like a lot of formal nights for P&O. We don't mind in the least as we love dressing up but can any of you who have done this cruise in past years confirm this?

Peter and Jenny

We have done this cruise twice and the first time there were 6 and the second 8.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Seems right to me. They do 4 for a 14 night cruise.

If I am not in the mood, I dress smartly but don't wear a jacket or tie. I then either eat in the Glass House or the buffet.

If you don't dress up on Black Tie nights then it is the MDR, certain lounges and speciality restaurants that you might be denied entry. Everywhere else is ok.

Thanks everyone for your advice, we shall look forward to the dress up nights and I rather expect Jen will need to do quite a bit of dress shopping between now and the end of the year!!

Peter and Jennifer

It seems as though formal nights might be breading on long cruises, we had 7 on our first 4 weeker and 10 on this years 5 weeker, now 9 on next years 4 weeker!! Never mind a couple of them will probably coincide with curry nights in the buffet, which we find are well worth enjoying.

Its probably right. Last year we did a 17 night on Ventura and they had 5 formal nights. Strangely they had 2 formal nights in the first 4 days -- total overkill. Have never not done the formal thing before but we went to the buffet instead and enjoyed a more relaxing evening. Dressed up for the other evenings but we have now learned that it is ok to dodge the formal nights if you just want to have a relaxing evening and then chill out in your cabin.

Q. What will the dress code be whilst I am on board?

Dress Codes By Cruise

We have two evening Dress Codes on-board all our ships; Evening Casual and Black Tie. Details of these, by cruise, can be viewed via the links below. We also host Theme Nights, details of which can be found in the question - Do you have theme nights on board?. On theme nights, guests are invited to dress up in line with the theme. We don’t want to dampen anyone’s fun but coming into effect on 1 January 2018, fancy dress and/or novelty clothing will not be permitted at any other time other than Theme Nights*. In addition to this, clothing personalised with images/slogans, and/or clothing that features offensive language, images or slogans, will also not be allowed.

* This policy does not apply to children 16 and under.

The dress codes listed below are subject to change therefore we are unable to advise what dates the formal nights will take place on in advance. So be sure to check your Horizon newspaper for full details, which will be delivered daily to your cabin on-board.

Adonia from cruise D708P through to D821

Arcadia from cruise J713 through to J819

Aurora from cruise R714 through to R903

Azura from cruise A724 through to A905A

Oceana from cruise E714C through to E829

Oriana from cruise X717 through to X903

Ventura from cruise N721 through to N905

Britannia from cruise B723 through to B906A

Hope This Helps Regards

Q. What will the dress code be whilst I am on board?

Dress Codes By Cruise

We have two evening Dress Codes on-board all our ships; Evening Casual and Black Tie. Details of these, by cruise, can be viewed via the links below. We also host Theme Nights, details of which can be found in the question - Do you have theme nights on board?. On theme nights, guests are invited to dress up in line with the theme. We don’t want to dampen anyone’s fun but coming into effect on 1 January 2018, fancy dress and/or novelty clothing will not be permitted at any other time other than Theme Nights*. In addition to this, clothing personalised with images/slogans, and/or clothing that features offensive language, images or slogans, will also not be allowed.

* This policy does not apply to children 16 and under.

The dress codes listed below are subject to change therefore we are unable to advise what dates the formal nights will take place on in advance. So be sure to check your Horizon newspaper for full details, which will be delivered daily to your cabin on-board.

Adonia from cruise D708P through to D821

Arcadia from cruise J713 through to J819

Aurora from cruise R714 through to R903

Azura from cruise A724 through to A905A

Oceana from cruise E714C through to E829

Oriana from cruise X717 through to X903

Ventura from cruise N721 through to N905

Britannia from cruise B723 through to B906A

Hope This Helps Regards

oooh that is handy dandy, thanks

I find it very interesting that P&O seem to be increasing the number of Black Tie nights, at least on long cruises, when most of the questionnaires that we receive after cruises seem to have questions skewed towards encouraging people to state that they want more relaxed dress codes on cruises! Like many others, I have been expecting a gradual move away from formal nights ‘based on customer feedback’!