Burger Wars

We don't like 5guys. Never tried fuddruckers. Think lawn club is better than luminae burger. Just got home from burgatory and rate their burger just a bit better than lawn club.

If I were cursing for a burger I'd stay home and save a lot of money.

The OP should consider Carnival since they were once called: "The McDonald's of the Sea".

Personally, my selection of cruise is based on the quality of Philly Cheesesteaks. Javier, the Executive Chef from Philly and New York is by far the best!

We don't like 5guys. Never tried fuddruckers. Think lawn club is better than luminae burger. Just got home from burgatory and rate their burger just a bit better than lawn club.

If I were cursing for a burger I'd stay home and save a lot of money.

Like 5 Guys and Fuddruckers has great burgers. Also enjoy Steak and Shake Burgers when I go to Florida, usually get their garlic burger which is really good. It has the added benefit of letting you sleep good. You sleep alone but you sleep good.

Also enjoy Steak and Shake Burgers, usually get their garlic burger which is really good. You sleep alone but you sleep good.

Now that is funny. :')

Having cruised on 14 lines we have a quick answer to the OP's question. There is no burgers at sea to compare to Five Guys or Fuddruckers! But the best burger I have ever had at sea has been on Holland America during the few days when their Pinnacle Grill (its an alternative restaurant) is open for lunch.Hank

I don't agree with you about Five Guys or Fuddruckers. I don't care for either one. But food is subjective, and I have had burgers on a ship just as good if not better than the two you mentioned.:)

Like others have mentioned, I am a fan of the burger in Luminae. The mast grill burger will fill a void but does not compare to Guy's on Carnival. I don't care for Johnny Rockets at all. If you're selecting a cruise for its burger quality alone, head back to Carnival for the Guy burger...IMHO.

Like others have mentioned, I am a fan of the burger in Luminae. The mast grill burger will fill a void but does not compare to Guy's on Carnival. I don't care for Johnny Rockets at all. If you're selecting a cruise for its burger quality alone, head back to Carnival for the Guy burger...IMHO.

I don't have any problem with Guys Burgers but the Carnival ships are falling apart and we're ready for something more upscale. We don't cruise for burgers truth be told, but having good high quality NORMAL food available is still important. I can tell the difference between McDonalds and a Fuddruckers elk burger, believe you me.

Some of you folks have been very helpful and maybe a ship with the lawn grill is a good happy medium. I won't book a suite because I can go on Crystal for cheaper with all the extras. I saw the buffet burgers on Celebrity and someone on here said those are for the teenagers. Nope I want better than that.

All the folks complaining about something I asked before or about this post - I'm here about the burgers only, stop changing the subject or go back and post there. If Celebrity can't get the burgers right you probably have a lot more to worry about with the fancier foods. It is like IHOP I don't even want to try their burgers if pancakes are too hard.

Just curious, when did you go on that Carnival cruise? In February you stated you'd never been on a cruise, since then you seem to have gained an amazing amount of experience ;)

P.S. if your main focus when traveling is food, you may want to try a land based foodie trip or do culinary excursions in ports. enjoy

Just curious, when did you go on that Carnival cruise? In February you stated you'd never been on a cruise, since then you seem to have gained an amazing amount of experience ;)

P.S. if your main focus when traveling is food, you may want to try a land based foodie trip or do culinary excursions in ports. enjoy

I have been on several Carnival cruises and one Oasis of the Seas last year with Royal Caribbean. Cindy went on her first cruise this year on the Carnival Vista. That is it we're done with these cheaper lines and are looking at the best comforts for the money.

I have been on several Carnival cruises and one Oasis of the Seas last year with Royal Caribbean. Cindy went on her first cruise this year on the Carnival Vista. That is it we're done with these cheaper lines and are looking at the best comforts for the money.

Ok then, not sure why you stated in an earlier thread from Feb 1st that you'd never been on a cruise.

Anyhow, food tastes are so subjective it's not easy to say whether or not someone else will enjoy something. I've had a lot of amazing burgers in my day, but none of them have been on a cruise ship. :D Others will disagree. :):) Enjoy your cruise.

Guy's Burgers are by far the best burgers I've had at sea. Celebrity has decent burgers, but not as good as Guy's Burgers on Carnival. (Sorry folks, but that was really one of the unexpected highlights of the Carnival cruise). If you really want to seek out good burgers, I would look for them on land during your port calls.

Here's the skinny folks.

We're going to do Celebrity Summit on October 21st and give this line a fair shot and see how Cindy likes it. Next year we'll try and get on that Crystal Serenity sailing in December 2019. You all can year what we think of both after we have a chance to compare the ships price and munchies.

Guy's Burgers are by far the best burgers I've had at sea. Celebrity has decent burgers, but not as good as Guy's Burgers on Carnival. (Sorry folks, but that was really one of the unexpected highlights of the Carnival cruise). If you really want to seek out good burgers, I would look for them on land during your port calls.

If it means going on a Carnival cruise to get the best burger, then I'll do without. For what it's worth the ramen slider at Sushi on Five is excellent. It's an appetizer, but really good. I'm very impressed with upgrades at Sushi on Five on the whole. For lunch, I have no problem grabbing a cheeseburger at Celebrity's pool grill, but my favorite lunch is the grill in back of the Oceanview and having them make a fresh steak, medium rare to order and then grabbing a fresh sub roll and putting together the best steak sandwich at sea. :cool:

I'll be on the Equinox this Saturday - and they have one of the better burgers at sea in the Gastrobar.

First off, other than tasty Guy's Burger Joint on Carnival, if a place won't cook it rare it's for the most part off of my list of contenders.

Gastrobar Burger: Fairly plain/simple, just darn GOOD ! Aged Cheddar, Caramelized Onion Relish, Tomato Marmalade, Brioche Bun

i-NnZXGLQ-XL.jpg

i-Q4cgcSP-XL.jpg

I don't say this often, but this one was just a tad rarer than I'd prefer. Nonetheless, I made it disappear !!!

Tom

Tom, that looks exactly like what my husband wants in a burger! A picture sure is worth a thousand words. I think we'll have to give Gastropub a try!

Oh - I should probably add, their menu is not complimentary there. That burger is something like $10. For the burger lover though, that shouldn't slow you down ! :D

Just the discussion of this caused me to order a burger for lunch today. :D

Tom

I'll be on the Equinox this Saturday - and they have one of the better burgers at sea in the Gastrobar.

First off, other than tasty Guy's Burger Joint on Carnival, if a place won't cook it rare it's for the most part off of my list of contenders.

Gastrobar Burger: Fairly plain/simple, just darn GOOD ! Aged Cheddar, Caramelized Onion Relish, Tomato Marmalade, Brioche Bun

i-NnZXGLQ-XL.jpg

i-Q4cgcSP-XL.jpg

I don't say this often, but this one was just a tad rarer than I'd prefer. Nonetheless, I made it disappear !!!

Tom

I think I heard it moo! Lol!

I heard so much about Five Guys’ burgers, then finallywent toone in Ft.Lauderdaleprior to a cruise. Nothing special, very over rated. I could get a much better burger at Applebees.

Edited by richsea

I heard so much about Five Guys’ burgers, then finallywent toone in Ft.Lauderdaleprior to a cruise. Nothing special, very over rated.

Was reading this and thinking exactly the same thing. I realize tastes are subjective and people must like them as they are popping up all over the place - but I don't see it.

Now Shake Shack is a completely different story. Mmmmm.

Mike

Oh - I should probably add, their menu is not complimentary there. That burger is something like $10. For the burger lover though, that shouldn't slow you down ! :D

Just the discussion of this caused me to order a burger for lunch today. :D

Tom

Yes, I knew it was an upcharge item. I did a search; $12 bucks.

i-NnZXGLQ-XL.jpg

i-Q4cgcSP-XL.jpg

Tom

I like that the bun looks rather thin - nothing worse than too much bread, most of the time I just take one side of the bun off and eat it openface.

And while I think the 5 Guys burgers are ok, you really have to ask for your fries well done (cooked twice) - they are much better that way.

So far I've had Guy's Burgers and Johnny Rockets, but my favorite on land is Fuddruckers and Five Guys. Does Celebrity hold it's own? Cindy wants to try a Celebrity cruise this Fall but we're meat and potato people, not foodies at all but that doesn't mean we don't like GOOD TASTY GRUB! I'll save all the fancy critters for the specialty restaurant crowd and have a gourmet burger and chili dog myself, and a nice steak for dinner.

Before any of you folk knock my taste there are plenty on the Crystal and Oceania forums that agree with me. We could even slum it on Holland America for their Dive In from what I've read. Cindy wants to give you folks a shot at selling me on Celebrity.

I had an excellent burger with even better fries in the Gastrobar on Equinox. They even honored my request to cook it medium rare.

And then I got scolded here by some busybody nanny for ordering that way and risking my life, LOL.

P.S.: it didn't make me sick.

I just want to say that we had the best burgers we’ve ever had at sea on the Equinox at the Mast pool bar. I heard multiple people comment on them. In fact I only went to the buffet once for lunch because I loved the burgers!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We liked a really great burger--the one in the pool grill or in the cafe is very avg.

Not a make or break item for us per se--and yet it would be great if the burgers were thicker/hand formed etc.

With the LINE at the pool grill everyday--they are certainly pleasing many.

Happy sailing :)