Silver Spirit walk through Video - 3rd June at Greenwich

les37b

I had a pleasant visit to have lunch and look around on the newly stretched Silver Spirit in Greenwich last Sunday 3 June 2018.

I decided to make a nice day of it and took the Thames clipperand take the trail that Silver Cloud had taken just the day before on its wayto Ireland from its berth at Tower Bridge. A nice way to arrive for sure.

The details for boarding were pretty vague and there wasn’t aSS presence I could see. (I spoke to my SS consultant a day later and he agreedit wasn’t very obvious.)

Anyway, for future reference, there was a SS tent next to the Cutty Sark to check in and then the tender to Silver Spirit was via Thames Clippers. That was hard work in itself – but got there in the end.

My boarding was a little disorganised also and concierge weren’tfamiliar with the process of checking in and paying for lunch, but got there inthe end. The ships tour didn’t happen, but wasn’t an issue. Even though I’dnever been on Spirit, I have been on the Muse and the layout was immediately familiar.

Anyway, as promised and requested, I did one of my ship walk through videos.

First impressions were very positive. I like the Muse colours and after I started walking about, I noticed that some things had been improved upon. Dolce Vita was about half the size of what it was on my Muse cruise – though I did hear people suggesting it was still too big. (I know its been reduced in size now on the Muse, but dont know how they compare since the changes.

Atlantide and Indochine looked very familiar. I cant comment on the menu situation – though we did decide after sitting in Atlantide , that we would eat in La Terrazza. (It wasn’t a good menu for us, so took an alternative.)

La Dame was too dark to include in the video and Seishin was closed with nothing on display. (The Japanese was open for lunch on the muse!)

Arts café and Silver Note share the Stern of deck 8. From memory Silver note is bigger than it was on the Muse and Arts Café much smaller– but very familiar, albeit missing the art!

There were a few examples of the horrid Muse Artwork on theship, but thankfully it was few and far between.

Whilst filming, I saw workmen fixing lighting problems in LaTerrazza. After we’d finished lunch it was apparent the lights hadn’t beenfixed as they were flashing on and off. It seems the electrical problems we’ve readabout are still ongoing.

I did take lots of photos (including some requested of theplug sockets from a balcony suite…. A good selection I must admit) and a few360 images.

I will post a few and any requests I will check if I haveanything else to post.

Overall, impressions were positive. I certainly witnessed afew less than efficient waiters, which hopefully will improve. Its just not thepolished item yet and probably far from it. I’m sure they’ll get there. We’vealready discussed going on the Spirit in the future, so clearly there wasn’t anythingthat put us off.

Hope you enjoy the video. If you want to miss the arrival,skip to 5 mins 45, though it really is worth watching at least from 4m30s…….Its quite a long video at 34 mins….. and has a nice surprise ending I think youwill all enjoy. (Thanks to Lawrence for the clip.)

Ive added as a link as well as at the time of posting, the youtube video image above reported an error. So apologies if the video screen appears twice.

https://theta360.com/s/b5aCgYZb60e3ASnKosuHi2H20

https://theta360.com/s/hg29EXzKyjiufmRfhY2oFIhhQ

https://theta360.com/s/n4YGkubYjzRmLQZvGCiVH3nKS

https://theta360.com/s/b9Rd3PK1hwdFW2ImCS5klktPc

https://theta360.com/s/loyeeeUBGvxQxAM3OSXGNG836

https://theta360.com/s/rerX4Lx3A2ZZp9jAkoE7AMg2S

https://theta360.com/s/hsgJFebDx5JcVqAY5ri25j40O

https://theta360.com/s/pABLUiBwnxuUqlhdCVoYQJDBg

https://theta360.com/s/qMsuY2AqJB8ecRLwCfaw0wexs

Edited by les37b

Great job Les - many thanks.

The initial impression is very positive - we are sailing in 3 weeks so will Report then - did you manage to get a sight of the new Suites ( i.e. those with just a Walk In Shower ) ? - will be having one of those so are particularly interested.

The initial impression is very positive - we are sailing in 3 weeks so will Report then - did you manage to get a sight of the new Suites ( i.e. those with just a Walk In Shower ) ? - will be having one of those so are particularly interested.

Yes, I managed to view a veranda suite and took photos of the room itself, the walk in closet, 3 of the bathroom. (The one I saw had a tub and walk in shower) and all the plug sockets ...

Will post later.... (photos have been put on my computer...)

I will post photos of other parts of the ship too if there are particular places of interest.

Thanks Les, love those spherical images!

Cheers... They are not pro quality, but do the job well enough.

Did you like the Easter egg ending I'd mentioned? I'd have loved to have been there for it.

Very helpful video. Thanks very much. This refurbished/extended ship looks to be a winner.

You're welcome.

I did one for the Cloud a couple of weeks ago and Silver Muse last year,which completes the latest build / refurbs.

The latter is useful to draw comparisons (and differences)

Compare sizes.....Silver Note, Dolce Vita and Arts Cafe in particular. I think they are all improvements and lessons learnt well from the Muse. Similarly if the figures are correct (and I honestly couldn't tell just by looking), the adjustment to Atlantide / Indochine proportions is also a good move. I preferred Indochone, but acknowledge Atlantide was the more popular.

Thanks so much for doing these videos. I appreciate the music you choose too. Wish we were there too!

Thanks..... Its always difficult deciding what to choose and everyone's taste and appreciations always so different. Some of the tunes were cetainly subtle choices.... and not just because I like the music!

Edited by les37b

Thanks Les for the excellent overviews.Mayflower...enjoy the Spirit look forward to your reports .We join our favourite Wind next month and of course we meet up on the Wind during our 37 day round trip cruise May/June 2019,look forward to meeting up for a charter free/ kids free Voyage!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The video is outstanding. My wife and I are more excited than ever for our Aug 24 Spirit sailing. Thanks so much for taking the time to put this together. The 360 pictures are really cool too!

Fantastic video Les, this is so helpful when you have not sailed a particular ship or cruise line. You have no idea how many posts and trip reports that I have had to filter through, most of which have been port excursion photos that offer nothing of value when you are trying to see the actual ship! Thanks so much.

Good Morning Brimary - We wish you a great upcoming Wind Cruise and look forward to your Report. We too are looking forward to The Spirit in the Baltic and will Report back on our return.

We too are hopeful that we can be together next June on The Wind, and trust that the transformation to an Expedition Ship willpermit this Sailing ?

Good Morning TotheSunset - You are so right that it is refreshing to have a Positive Topic to share on these Boards, and well done again to Les37b for his great contribution.

Thanks all for your kind words of encouragement. Much appreciated.

As I type, I am uploading my collection of Spirit photos taken on my Canon 6D, which usually give high quality sharp photos. The only problem with this camera is it comes without a built in flash (its aimed at the pro end of the market and as such, you'd use a "proper" flash. Unfortunately whilst I have a good flash for it, I dont ever seem to use it, much less carry the bulky thing around. Net result is I cant take photos in dark places. I did get what I thought was a compromise, but alas doesnt work.) That said, there is more than enough to enjoy still.

Once theyve uploaded (and I return from some chores I have to do, I will start to upload a few. Ive already been asked for photos inside the suites of electrical sockets (which SS has done a good job with) and the bathroom including walk in shower.These are fine and will be the first to be posted.

Give me a few hours and they will start to appear... Hope you enjoy what you see. I thought the bathroom which included a tub, was a bit small for my liking. Personally I'd have preferred no tub and more space, though I know others will disagree on that!