Insight Lecture Bonanza

bluemarble

We are on QM2's current eastbound crossing and there are seven different speakers on the Insights lecture series programme. Six of those speakers will be on Thursday's programme.

10:00am - George McGhee: "Joan Crawford - Always a Star."

11:00am - Robin Oakley OBE: "The Art of the Put-Down: A History of Political Jokes."

1:30pm - John Maclean: "Celestial Lights! Aurora."

2:30pm - Bill Miller: "Floating Palaces: The Great Atlantic Liners."

3:30pm - Peter Dean: "The Real Story of the Elephant Man."

4:30pm - Georgina Bexon: "You don't have to be an Art Expert (or rich) to be an Art Collector."

Considering the clock moves foward an hour at noon, that's a very full schedule of lectures for a single day. I love it!

In addition to those six speakers, this voyage also includes New Yorker Magazine cartoonist Matthew Diffee who has given a couple of presentations earlier in the voyage.

I'm used to having anywhere from three to five insights speakers on a QM2 crossing and this crossing was originally listed as having five speakers, so I am pleasantly surprised to see we actually have seven speakers for this voyage.

Has anyone else been on a crossing with seven insight programme speakers (and six speakers giving talks on the same day)? Just wondering if this might be a trend or more of a one off.

In any event, I certainly will be immersing myself in Thursday's Insight lecture programme.

It was indeed a rewarding and infomative full day of enrichment lectures on QM2 today. Bill Miller was as enthusiastic and engaging as ever during his presentation. Haven't seen tomorrow's programme yet, but presumably it will be back to the usual three or four lectures. We will be on the June 24 westbound crossing back to New York and will report back if there is a similar number of speakers and a similar full day of insight lectures on that crossing as well.

We were on the same cruise and we were very impressed with the lectures. This was our first crossing and we were surprised how much we looked forward to the lectures each day. BTW, Matthew Diffee’s presentation provided the most laughs. Don’t miss him if you get a chance to see him.

Sent from my iPad using Forums