Advice- pier to YVR?

JC in CA

Hello-

We are leaving on an Alaskan cruise 6/14- have nearly all the details worked out- except how to get from the cruise terminal (Ballyntine - sp?) to YVR. At this point- we are not planning on doing US Direct- but would like to figure out if there is anything we can do to stay out of a long taxi line!

Detail that is probably necessary- our plane departs YVR at 3:00 - flying to San Jose, CA.

thanks for any suggestions!

-JC in CA

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from our 6/14-6/21 Serenade of the Seas cruise. We sailed round trip out of Vancouver. Transportation was my big concern- as I am sure it is for many. Here is what we did:

-arriving in Vancouver - as we walked out of the doors at the airport terminal- there was a small desk for LimoJet Gold- she walked us to our car- stretch limo (4 of us, but 7 pieces of luggage!) - took it to our hotel- Hampton Inn on Robson St. From getting off the plane to getting to the hotel it was just over an hour!!!!

- getting from the hotel to the ship (Ballentyne pier) we took the hotel shuttle (free) Only thing to know here- you need to be downstairs at the hotel before 7:00 AM to make your reservation on the shuttle. I went down at 6:20- woke up early- was the first in the lobby. About 6:45 it was obvious that many were down there to make reservations- so we lined up in the order we arrived in the lobby. The shuttle goes to both piers. We took the 11:30 shuttle- got us to the pier at 11:45.

-from the ship back to Vancouver airport- we came out of the pier building- waked ahead and on the left there was a small desk for limos- asked to have a limoJet Gold car called- took about 10 minutes for him to arrive- again a stretch limo- took about 30 minutes to get to the airport- cost $65 plus $6 tax- plus tip $80 US. (My brother - 4 people- took the cruise transfer to the airport- also cost him $80.) The taxi line wasn't too bad- we departed the ship at 9:30- don't know how long the taxi line was earlier.

All in all- we were very pleased with the limo.

-JC in CA

Archived