Luggage tag issue

mugwood

hi, tried a search on this issue, but couldn’t find an answer.

Cruising on 26/10 and all documents are available online, including luggage tags.

The option to print luggage tags is active, but I can’t order from Celebrity as that button is dulled out.

Does anyone know of date restrictions that may be stopping this option from being active 31days in advance?

Thanks.

You wouldn’t expect them to mail something All the way across the Atlantic would you??? I mean, gosh, it might cost 10cents more!

We purchases those plastic tag holders to protect the paper tags and only put them on when we got to the terminal.

Den

Cruising on 26/10 and all documents are available online, including luggage tags.

The option to print luggage tags is active, but I can’t order from Celebrity as that button is dulled out.

Does anyone know of date restrictions that may be stopping this option from being active 31days in advance?

Thanks.

I've been able to order ours 45 days from the sail date. I've read on the Celebrity forum luggage tags can't be ordered on line if you live in the UK. You'll have to print them from your cruise documents.

Edited by davekathy

Thanks for the clarification.

Didn’t realise there were different protocols dependent on where you live,

I was sure we got them posted once before, but I may be fooled by the mists of time.

I do have the plastic wallets and have printed at home in the past.

I was going to compare both options once I received the company issued models, and use the better ones but hey ho.

Thanks.

I had exactly the same problem. I just kept trying till the link was live. When I clicked it, it took me back to the beginning page where you have the option of printing your own! I don't know whether they are ordered or not. I'm just off Solstice and when I ordered them for that cruise there was no indication that the "submit" worked, so I went through the process again and did the same thing. Guess what? I got 2 sets! Sorry you don't get them outside North America. Yes, I know you can print your own (in color too) but it's always an exciting part of the cruise to receive these in the mail. Little things amuse little minds!:)

I had exactly the same problem. I just kept trying till the link was live. When I clicked it, it took me back to the beginning page where you have the option of printing your own! I don't know whether they are ordered or not. I'm just off Solstice and when I ordered them for that cruise there was no indication that the "submit" worked, so I went through the process again and did the same thing. Guess what? I got 2 sets! Sorry you don't get them outside North America. Yes, I know you can print your own (in color too) but it's always an exciting part of the cruise to receive these in the mail. Little things amuse little minds!:)

I callled X directly and within a week I got our luggage tags.

I just learned the secret.

You have to print your express pass before the system allows you to order luggage tags. It can take up to 24 hours after you print out the express pass for the luggage tag button to work.

Enjoy your cruise.

Just have documentation and show it to the luggage handlers at the port. You will be all set and the luggage will arrive. We have done that and got luggage just fine.

Agree. We tell the porters our cabin number and they tag our bags at the port, just as they tag our bags for flights when we check them in at the airport and tag our bags for train rides when we check them in at the train station.

No luggage tag issue at all.

Since we were already accustomed to traveling on airplanes and trains for years before we ever started cruising, never needing to print our own luggage tags or order them in advance, we saw no need to bother with luggage tags in advance when we started cruising either.

When cruising from England, as soon as our coach pulled up to the cruise port, the porters would come right over to us and start pulling out all the luggage, tagging each piece and loading it on their carts.

Edited by varoo

HI,

I have a Celebrity cruise on October 22 from Port Liberty. I can print my luggage tags. I have printed my luggage tags from Celebrity for the last 5 cruises. If you download or print the "cruise ticket booklet" there is one sample in the booklet. You just print as many as you need.

My concern with having the porters write the cabin number on the tags is their writing. While our luggage should make it on the ship. I've taking test in the past and I was told I missed a question. WHAT that is a 5, no the tester said no it is a 2. If the tags dock side were printed from a machine that would be great, but they are not. I really dont want to go to Luminae in shorts, flip flops and a sleeveless shirt on the 1st night.

My concern with having the porters write the cabin number on the tags is their writing. .......
You can just pick up some blank tags at the pier and write in your cabin number yourself.

That is what we usually do as we like to put 2 tags on each bag. It only takes a few more seconds to fill out and attach the 2nd tag.

We have never had a problem and have never had a tag come off on any cruise, but still like to have that extra tag, just in case,

(for the same reason that we pull off and attach those extra small tags to our bags when we check them in at airports).

Edited by fleckle

You can just pick up some blank tags at the pier and write in your cabin number yourself.

That is what we usually do as we like to put 2 tags on each bag. It only takes a few more seconds to fill out and attach the 2nd tag.

We have never had a problem and have never had a tag come off on any cruise, but still like to have that extra tag, just in case,

(for the same reason that we pull off and attach those extra small tags to our bags when we check them in at airports).

Good to know about writing your own cabin number on the tags.

I just learned the secret.

You have to print your express pass before the system allows you to order luggage tags. It can take up to 24 hours after you print out the express pass for the luggage tag button to work.

Enjoy your cruise.

I always print my luggage tags in colour as it makes it easier for the porters to see which deck you are on, I then put the labels in the clear luggage tags that I bought on Amazon, they are the correct size for RCC & Celebrity and are re-usable......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You are correct mugwood, we used to receive luggage tags here in the UK! We also print the luggage labels in colour now and use the clear plastic tags purchased from Amazon which are re-usable and secure with a metal fastening.

Printing our own and using the tag holders is so much easier than trying to get the two sticky edges to line up exactly on the tags sent by the cruise line. I hate having sloppy-looking tags! :D

You are correct mugwood, we used to receive luggage tags here in the UK! We also print the luggage labels in colour now and use the clear plastic tags purchased from Amazon which are re-usable and secure with a metal fastening.

That’s reassuring! Always worry that I am inventing memories to replace the real ones that are falling out my head.:eek:

That’s reassuring! Always worry that I am inventing memories to replace the real ones that are falling out my head.:eek:

No, we did used to get them by mail. Think it was about the same time the price drops stopped being allowed that the mailed luggage tags got scrapped too ;).

I don’t worry about the luggage tags any more. Why should I use the ink in my printer and taking the time to apply them? When I get to the port the luggage porters will always have their hand out ( extortion) for a tip to take your luggage and place it into a rack. If I am paying them they can use their time to fill out a tag and apply it 🤗

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅