Getaway Fare - post here how close to sailing allocated cabin no.

JM-1972

Ours have been allocated three weeks prior to sail. We are a family travelling on getaway fares so booked two balcony cabins - and will be splitting to look after the kids (one each!).

We booked guarantee balcony hoping P&O would give us side by side cabins as it would make it easier managing as a family. Instead, we have port and starboard cabins. Luckily on the same deck though.

All in all happy with the result, as it could have been much worse, but it would have been better if next to each other.

Ours have been allocated three weeks prior to sail. We are a family travelling on getaway fares so booked two balcony cabins - and will be splitting to look after the kids (one each!).

We booked guarantee balcony hoping P&O would give us side by side cabins as it would make it easier managing as a family. Instead, we have port and starboard cabins. Luckily on the same deck though.

All in all happy with the result, as it could have been much worse, but it would have been better if next to each other.

Typical P&O by the looks of it! Obviously nobody bothered to look at the booking before the computer allocater got to work. Yes, I do know the T&C's of Getaways as we have booked one and before the machine guns come out!!!

We're still waiting for cabin allocation on 22nd May cruise.

Yorkshire Man, why not try posting on here to see if anyone with a balcony cabin nearer to one of yours would be willing to swap? Just a thought and you may be lucky. The purser will do the necessary when you board if P&O offices won't play nicely. :)

Don't think P&O can really be blamed for this as someone says. On a getaway fare, you will be allocated what's left, so it's unlikley though not impossible there will be 2 cabins side by side which are still available.

We're travelling with friends on IOTS later this year, and when we booked we had to be waitlisted for two cabins together at the grade we wanted. We were paying full price and booked last October, 10 months ahead of time

Don't think P&O can really be blamed for this as someone says. On a getaway fare, you will be allocated what's left, so it's unlikley though not impossible there will be 2 cabins side by side which are still available.

Neither do I. In exchange for saving around £1,000 (probably more for a family in two cabins), there's no flexibility. Fair enough.

This has been made abundantly clear by P&O from the off. I'm on the record here criticising their clarity over Vantage fares, so not a wearer of rose-tinted specs.:D

Peter

Neither do I. In exchange for saving around £1,000 (probably more for a family in two cabins), there's no flexibility. Fair enough.

This has been made abundantly clear by P&O from the off. I'm on the record here criticising their clarity over Vantage fares, so not a wearer of rose-tinted specs.:D

Peter

If you need them you could borrow mine:rolleyes::D

Gan canny

Dai

We have a getaway booked for end of May. No cabin allocated as yet. I check every day. We only had the option of booking the lowest grade balcony cabin but the price has dropped twice since we booked so hopefully we will get a decent cabin. Fingers crossed. Will post on here as soon as it comes available.

Sue

We booked a getaway last summer as a last minute honeymoon about 9 weeks before sailing and got our cabin number a week or 2 later. I remember it being quicker than I thought. We booked an inside room and got a room midship on B deck so I was very happy. I've booked a guarantee balcony cabin on our RCI cruise in October but they don't give cabin allocation until nearer the time

essexlass 2

The purser will do the necessary when you board if P&O offices won't play nicely.

Now I know what the white spaces are on the deck plans. they are the extra cabins the purser get out of thin air, for the people who booked getaway ,and aren't happy with the cabins they have been given...tee hee...

Got mine booked for a 21 May sailing, so 6 weeks and 2 days to go, its just a guaranteed outside cabin, so will see what we get.

Prices not yet dropped again.

(Inside £699/outside £799/balcony £999)

I check every day :D

I can't believe anyone would pay £1829 for the equivalent vantage fair for this cruise, there appear no benefits to doing so at this late stage. Or nothing like £2000 per couple extra!

My mum and I have a dc balcony on a gty basis which are either fwd or aft on deck d or e. I haven't sailed on the azura before so no idea which would be the better option.....As its mum's first ever cruise I'm hoping we won't be disappointed.

We booked a gty balcony on Arcadia to USA/Canada last year. We were allocated our cabins within days and were delighted with our cabin. We were on a high deck midships. Like burnout babe I don't understand anyone booking late and booking vantage. Either way the cost has to met in full under 14 weeks.

on our past P&O cruises in the med weve always had free shuttle buses, into the cities, im sure ive read that if you do a getaway cruise then you have to pay for them.

just wondering as id like to book a getaway one as its so much cheaper but the wife is worried in case we get a cabin above a club etc.

on our past P&O cruises in the med weve always had free shuttle buses, into the cities, im sure ive read that if you do a getaway cruise then you have to pay for them.

just wondering as id like to book a getaway one as its so much cheaper but the wife is worried in case we get a cabin above a club etc.

Now there's a dilemma! I would have the same problem. I'm sure Dai will confirm, but I think the Shuttle bus charges come in next year.

Now there's a dilemma! I would have the same problem. I'm sure Dai will confirm, but I think the Shuttle bus charges come in next year.

Yes shuttle bus charges come into effect next year for people who paid getaway fares. No idea what the charges would be, but when we were on Fred January 2012 the costs were £5 a port I think. Suites and high tier loyalty got them free.

When we went to North America last year we didn't pay for shuttle buses. Everything was as usual but we had no OBC and had to pay our own coach to Southampton. Once on board there is no distinction between vantage and gty fares.

When we went to North America last year we didn't pay for shuttle buses. Everything was as usual but we had no OBC and had to pay our own coach to Southampton. Once on board there is no distinction between vantage and gty fares.

Nevleen

there is/was no difference this year. However from 2014 the differences will kick in. They want clear water between the 2 fares and what you get or don't get with them. ie what I had not picked up until someone pointed it out to me..if you pick getaway fare next year you will not get a choice of dining sitting. Also getaway will be paying for port shuttles. you pays your money and takes your choice.

Nevleen

there is/was no difference this year. However from 2014 the differences will kick in. They want clear water between the 2 fares and what you get or don't get with them. ie what I had not picked up until someone pointed it out to me..if you pick getaway fare next year you will not get a choice of dining sitting. Also getaway will be paying for port shuttles. you pays your money and takes your choice.

If Vantage/Getaway fares are to continue I think they will have to consider more advantages for Vantage other than cabin number choice, obc and free shuttle busses.

Carrots are better than sticks but maybe no Peninsular points for getaway fares might be a suitable stick.

Maybe they should not reduce the fares at all, just massively increase the onboard credit.

Archived