Luggage storage prior to boarding PG?

Lrorogers

Hello All,

My husband and I arrived in Papeete Sunday night, and have enjoyed a lovely 24 hours....Although it was a mostly cloudy day with sporadic light showers, it felt like we were at a spa and loved the very relaxing atmosphere at our hotel (Manava Suite)....We also went into the Market and enjoyed dinner at the food trucks last night! Forecast calls for sunny skies ahead, so we are happy!

Quick question: Can we check in our luggage into the PG ship prior to embarking at 3:00 pm tomorrow (Wednesday) as we have to check out of our hotel by noon and want to do some souvenir shopping at the Market? If so, any idea of earliest time they might accept luggage?

Or is there another secure place to have luggage stored?

We know that we can leave it at our hotel (Manava), but the hotel is not close to the Market and we do not want to have to go back and forth with cabs to pick it up.

Many thanks for any responses as we are checking in tomorrow.

Cheers,

Lisa :)

A few minutes prior to boarding they will take your bags but several hours and it's a no.

Remember they are trying to turn around a ship in 24 hours plus the crew needs time to catch their breath and do a bit of shopping themselves thus there is no crew to grab bags and place them in a safe spot.

Closer to the ship than your resort is the airport where you can pay to have your bags watched and held safe.

When the new ship terminal is completed there will be a place for stored bags.

Hello All,

My husband and I arrived in Papeete Sunday night, and have enjoyed a lovely 24 hours....Although it was a mostly cloudy day with sporadic light showers, it felt like we were at a spa and loved the very relaxing atmosphere at our hotel (Manava Suite)....We also went into the Market and enjoyed dinner at the food trucks last night! Forecast calls for sunny skies ahead, so we are happy!

Quick question: Can we check in our luggage into the PG ship prior to embarking at 3:00 pm tomorrow (Wednesday) as we have to check out of our hotel by noon and want to do some souvenir shopping at the Market? If so, any idea of earliest time they might accept luggage?

Or is there another secure place to have luggage stored?

We know that we can leave it at our hotel (Manava), but the hotel is not close to the Market and we do not want to have to go back and forth with cabs to pick it up.

Many thanks for any responses as we are checking in tomorrow.

Cheers,

Hi - Could you tell me if the food trucks and other places around Papeete accept US Dollars? We are headed to Paul Gagauin this September :)

Actually I have a place very close to the ship but it's something I would never say on here as it's a relationship I've developed over the years ... those of us that have been going for a long time have our own little stash of 'extras' we keep to ourselves :)

Well la-de-dah! I'm betting there's luggage storage in the ferry terminal, to the right of where the PG docks, as you face the water. Really close. Not sure of this, we didn't check ours, just guessing.

Hi - Could you tell me if the food trucks and other places around Papeete accept US Dollars? We are headed to Paul Gagauin this September :)

Not sure as we paid in XPF....someone who has been here before might be able to chime in.

What I will say, is that there are food trucks around the island, and they are great!.....Last night, my husband and I walked to some that were set up very close to our hotel (Manava Suites)....great food and MUCH better pricing than any hotel. On Monday night, we had headed into the market in Papeete and had dinner at the food trucks there....good selection of options.

Cheers,

Well la-de-dah! I'm betting there's luggage storage in the ferry terminal, to the right of where the PG docks, as you face the water. Really close. Not sure of this, we didn't check ours, just guessing.

Thanks Wendy. :)