Day Pass For Hotel Near Miami Airport Post Cruise

Wire Fox Terrier

Hi Everyone

We don't fly back to the UK until early evening on 18th February 2019. To avoid hanging around Miami airport, we thought about getting a hotel day room.

We don't have many demands for just the one day, but would like somewhere which is 4 star and we want to be able to sunbathe.

We came across The Sheraton and The Pullman, which both seem to fit the bill. Does anyone have any comments about these hotels, or different recommendations?

Many thanks

• 2 months later...

Here is one website that offers some hotels in Miami.  I know that the Four Seasons here on Brickell Ave offers some day passes and that for sure is a 4 star.  Their pool is spectacular.  The link for the website as well as the article that was in the Miami New Times is below.

https://www.miaminewtimes.com/arts/resortpass-sells-hotel-day-passes-in-miami-10344621

https://www.resortpass.com

We stayed at the EB Hotel Miami Airport around this time last year and the room & facilities were very good.  The best shower I think I've ever had.  They run a free shuttle to the airport as well.  Not many restaurants nearby but there are a few and one in the hotel as well.

1 hour ago, JohninDC said:

There is also a hotel inside of the MIA airport, cleverly called the Miami Airport Hotel, that sells day passes.  Not sure it is 4-star, but it is worth checking out.

Very convenient that's for sure, but very far from a 4 star hotel.  My friends got a room there in September because they got off their Princess cruise and that came as a day room for them.  We went and lunch at the airport before they flew back to England and asked about it.  They said it was an okay place to take a shower before their flight home and that was about it!

On 8/16/2018 at 1:44 PM, Wire Fox Terrier said:

We came across The Sheraton and The Pullman, which both seem to fit the bill. Does anyone have any comments about these hotels, or different recommendations?

We have the Pullman booked for early next month. I booked direct on the Accor Hotels website. I'll try and remember to post details and an opinion afterwards.

https://www.dayuse.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA2o_fBRC8ARIsAIOyQ-n-Lrbg3uXAEqO1jTgEGl4STko6KrrCY8BxKJbKoTJadwKqMJZ3QrYaAttvEALw_wcB       do NOT book a regular room through the website as this will give you an overnight stay and the room will not be ready until after 3.  (kind of defeats the purpose of the day room.      We are using this site for a day room for February since flight is at 7:30pm

Our flight didn't leave until the evening so we booked  a day pass at Pullman on our Mariner cruise this past August.  It worked out well.  The room was spacious and it gave us somewhere to drop our bags.  The pool is really nice, and pretty with the lagoon near by.  It's a good size with many loungers and chairs so you can move around if shaded (but would be no issue getting sun).  We also walked to the strip mall about 10 minutes away by Hampton Inn for lunch (but Pullman has a bar, restaurant and mini-Starbucks if you don't want to leave the property.  There is a shuttle that runs every half hour to the airport so quite convenient.

I have comments in my Mariner review with a couple pictures (posts 76 & 77) .

Edited by LuCruise

2 hours ago, JohninDC said:

Thanks for the detailed feedback.  Do you recall what you paid for the day-pass?  Did you book through the hotel or another site?

Pullman came to 89 USD which came to 100.57 USD with taxes.  We reserved on hotels by day and paid when we were there.  Hours were 10am-5pm but when we arrived asked if we could extend to 6pm.  The website says they are strict with hours but they let us stay.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 4:31 PM, Wire Fox Terrier said:

Many thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.

FionaMG: I look forward to hearing about the Pullman, in particular if they have a decent sunbathing area that's not in the shade!

Hi there! :classic_smile:

Reporting back as promised. I was doing a live thread on our cruise and have just posted a review of the Pullman on that along with some photos. You can read it/see them here: 

It's currently the last post on the thread (or #256 in case anyone else posts in the meantime). Although you can't tell very well from the photo of the pool area because the sun was hiding behind a cloud when I took it there were plenty of loungers in the sunshine once it came back out again.

As I mentioned before I booked it direct on the Accor Hotels website where I had the option of booking for 3 hours or for 9 hours. Since 9 hours was too much (our flight's departure time was 4.45 pm), I booked the 3 hours (which would have had us checking out at 12.45 pm) and then just asked the receptionist if we could stay till 2 pm, which he said was no problem and did not charge us any extra for. Cost for the booking, including tax, was $55.37.

Hope this helps and you have a great cruise.  

Fiona

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

We stayed at the Pullman Miami last week (12/23/18) and it worked out just great!! Our flight wasn't until 9pm that evening. We got to the hotel about 9 a.m. and they already had a room ready for us even though check-in was 10 a.m.  The front desk staff was friendly (enough to extend our stay until 6pm) 🙂   

Unfortunately, it was too cold to use the pool (a very decent one I might add) so we "chilled" out on the lounge chairs for most of the sunny morning, there's not much to do at this hotel as it's small but very nice...we got lunch at their lounge/bar (cheese burger and Cuban sandwich were okay, a cocktail and a diet coke came out to be about $55 with tips), then we took a nice long nap, a shower and then we were ready to take off to the airport.  I would recommend this facility if you just want a nice, easy-going, relaxing stay like us...we had a blast on our cruise so this place was perfect!!

Happy sailing and happy New Year!!

2 hours ago, celly said:

We did a day room at the Sheraton Miami Airport. They have a very nice pool area overlooking a golf course and free shuttle to the airport, which is 5 minutes away.

Happy cruising.

Dining on-site site or nearby?