Z'Loth

Anyone know anything about these restaurants near the Hampton Inn-Brickell:

• Piola
  • My Ceviche
  • Coyo Taco
  • SuViche
  • Delores But You Can Call Me Lolita
  • CRUST

Also, does the nearby Publix have a deli?

All good choices. Though My Ceviche is very casual quick order place. Never been to Piola though. I also like Crazy About You over Delores.

Crust is fantastic and would be my top choice on there. But I would not walk to Crust nor can you walk to any places in Wynwood.

Tons of great options in the area.

Piola is a chain Italian restaurant. Both inside and outside dining. Nothing fancy but good. Larger place compared to your others. I would review some of the Yelp reviews to getter a better of idea of it. It’s right around the corner from your hotel. The outside area is usually pretty busy, the inside usually has almost no one in it.

My Ceviche isn’t really a really a pure restaurant though they do have a few tables outside and a few inside. They are a couple doors away from Piola. You go up to the counter and order your food and then wait for it. Very fresh and excellent burritos and bowls. Very busy as a takeout place and very long lines at lunch during the work week. Excellent Stone crabs during season. Locally owned and they have expanded quite a bit.

Coyo Taco. Very casual. Again you order at the counter and help yourself to drinks. Very good. Not expensive. Locally owned, they also have one in Wynwood. Across the street from hotel on the corner. Opposite direction of the other 2.

Suviche is a very small restaurant. Again, inside and outside table, tightly put together. Good happy hour. Fresh. It’s a few blocks away. Sometimes people there, sometimes almost no one.

Dolores is very close. In an historical building that used to be a firehouse so is preserved and won’t be knocked down like everything else around here! Big place to go for cocktails, table upstairs would be preferable if eating dinner. Bar area and outside patio gets loud, outside patio usually very crowded. Also a patio upstairs and outside, that can get group parties. Gets some great reviews and not some not great. Good ambience. Locally owned. They also own another here on Brickell on the water. I usually just have cocktails here.....

Crust is fantastic as others have said. It’s not walkable so you will have to uber there. Worth a trip though! Not the greatest of areas. Mister O-1 is local and offers amazing pizzas if that is what you are looking for. Both of these are locally owned.

There are so many choices all within waking distance. You have so many choices with new ones opening all the time.

And yes, both Publixs that are within walking distance have delis. They have both recently remodeled a bit and have delis, prepared foods, hot soups, some hot meals and subs, chicken etc.

Thank you for your input. One of my goals, as it is a vacation, is to avoid the chains as much as possible unless it's a chain that does not exist in California. Yes, I would consider a Waffle House, but only because there are no Waffle Houses in Sacramento. It has been my experience that the small hole-in-the-wall mom-and-pop places tend to have a better dining experience than the chains (though there are exceptions). I just need to figure out what the good ones are because of my limited time in Miani.

Thank you for your input. One of my goals' date=' as it is a [i']vacation[/i], is to avoid the chains as much as possible unless it's a chain that does not exist in California. Yes, I would consider a Waffle House, but only because there are no Waffle Houses in Sacramento. It has been my experience that the small hole-in-the-wall mom-and-pop places tend to have a better dining experience than the chains (though there are exceptions). I just need to figure out what the good ones are because of my limited time in Miani.

Totally understand.

I live a very short walk away from your hotel so I'm out eating at all of these places. You have picked some great choices.

Flymia brought up Crazy About You. That's is the other restaurant owned by the people with Dolores. That's actually on the water.

If you want some other suggestions on locally owned, non chain things, happy to give some ideas. There are a lot of wonderful happy hours around here as well which may very well have some great food items on their menu.

I really enjoyed Perricones last time I stayed at the Hampton. ( Five minute walk towards Mary Brickell village). Excellent service, great ambiance and food was reasonably priced). There are so many great choices within a short walk of the hotel

Not wanting to highjack your thread. (I suppose is that is what I am doing). Would love some addtional suggestions for dinner. We will be staying at the same hotel in September.

What kind of food are you interested in? Italian, seafood, etc.? Happy to give some recommendations.

You will be here for the 2nd month of Miami Spice! Amazing way to try some fantastic restaurants for $39 per person for 3 courses.

http://www.miamitemptations.com/miami-spice-month

Thanks for the suggestions. Just need to pick one. Last time we stayed at the Hampton Inn we did not get into the hotel until 2:30 in the morning and missed out on enjoying the evening in Miami. Keeping fingers crossed on this one.

Fingers crossed for you.

There are many restaurants all within walking distance. From casual to expensive fine dining. Enjoy the area and your cruise!