Poum - What to do? Is it nice?

sharri34

Hi Guys,

Was looking at the photos kiwi cruiser (I think It was kiwi Cruiser and not kiwi cruizer, please forgive me if I am wrong) posted of the cruise visiting Poum and remembered that my cruise is also stopping at Poum:eek: For some reason all this time I was thinking Ouvea than Mystery Island, than I thought it was Champagne Island... Wrong Wrong and Wrong...

But anyway, What is there to do at Poum? I can't seem to find much about it??:confused: Thanks Guys :D

from what I have read ( P&O normaly put on a beach bbq for lunch and there are mini market stalls,make sure you take reef shoes as the island is mainly coral and it's impossible to walk on without shoes.You can snorkel, go on island tours some times)

My favourite port on the 2 cruises I have done so far. We loved it there we swam and relaxed all day and P&O put on a fantastic BBQ lunch hotdogs and hamburgers with loads of salads and fruit. They take a bar over with some cocktails and beer and wine. We really had an awesome day I would go back in a heart beat. Snorkelling is really nice there. Lots of big blocks of reefs you can swim between. Someone on our cruise saw a reef shark but that was way down on the point.

This was taken at Divine Island in November 2004.

There's 2 parts to the stop at Emerald Bay;

The township of Poum

&

Divine Island.

Unless it's changed since 2005, you can only go to Poum on organised shore tours.

At Divine Island the ship puts on a bbq and entertainment on the beach - there's not really much else to do.

Snorkelling is apparently good.

Thanks for posting the vid, Kym. Loved it.

It's hard to head off to work on a winter's morning when I want to pack up my snorkelling gear and head down to the tender station ready for a day on the island. :D

Archived