Pacific Sun at Luganville Today

Kiwi_cruiser

I know a lot of people dont like Luganville BUT I loved it. It was a highlight of our last cruise for sure.

Very friendly people and although the town isnt much to look at. The cultural village and Blue Hole are fabulous to visit. I didnt htink much of million dollar point but all the army stuff on the beach was interesting.

I know a lot of people dont like Luganville BUT I loved it. It was a highlight of our last cruise for sure.

Very friendly people and although the town isnt much to look at. The cultural village and Blue Hole are fabulous to visit. I didnt htink much of million dollar point but all the army stuff on the beach was interesting.

That's good to hear, I thought I was the only one who liked Luganville. I went there years ago and we went to Million Dollar Point, the Tuna Processing plant (smelly but interesting), the airport, a fascinating Research Station growing 2 metre high Coconut Palms (no climbing required), a beautiful idylic beach and the Blue Hole for swimming. My advice is to get out of Luganville and you will find an interesting and diverse island which is a bit different to other Pacific Islands.

Also as you said, the people are lovely and friendly and it is NOT a tender port. I would love to go back some day.

Jenny

We're going there next May. We're interested in hiring a taxi to take us to Million Dollar Point to do some snorkelling.

Has anyone done this? How much, and how do you make sure the taxi driver is still there when you want to get back to the ship?

Any information would be useful.

Jen

Archived