Parking at Port Canaveral?

paulfoel

It may not be the cheapest to park at port but it sure is the most convenient, covered garage and secure! The hassle of the shuttles, loading and unloading luggage, waiting for other people to load etc. was such a pita for us that the extra money it cost to have our vehicle right there at terminal is so worth it (at end of cruise especially when we want to load and go).

There are many lots for public parking and the difference in price was not worth the hassle the 1x we used them (many yrs ago). We have friends that had use one very close to port about a year ago, to save $40 total, then complained the whole trip about the shuttle and how long it took to get to the terminal in a packed van with no AC (it was broke)! But they saved $40 and for some the inconvenience is worth it I guess!

It may not be the cheapest to park at port but it sure is the most convenient, covered garage and secure! The hassle of the shuttles, loading and unloading luggage, waiting for other people to load etc. was such a pita for us that the extra money it cost to have our vehicle right there at terminal is so worth it (at end of cruise especially when we want to load and go).

I will second that.

We always pay to park at the port. Yes, it is more expensive but we looked into a different lot with a shuttle ride last year and decided it was not worth having to deal with waiting. We like to disembark early and walk straight to the car and leave. Dealing with waiting for shuttles and the hassle of dealing with luggage on and of is just not worth the bit of money saved. You can also pay in advance which we have also done, but it didn't save any money and once we arrived at the port we realized it didn't save any time either.

Well, since I'm not loaded with money, I've always used "Park n Cruise" at Port Canaveral. Much less expensive, easy to find, and park, good shuttles which run often, friendly, helpful staff and overall, a good deal, IMO. Check it out, and if you don't think it's a better option, then park at the port. No problem.

"SKY"

Even if I couldnt park there for free like I currently do, I would pay going rate for parking at the port. Its all about convenience for me. There is a lot to be said about not having to wait on transportation and being able to go straight to your car with a porter. My last experience of waiting on a shuttle sucked and on our very last cruise, I was almost to Lake City FL on I 75 before the hotel shuttle picked up our friends that were waiting on it.

Yes it's more expensive, but for us it's the convenience. Off the ship and our car is right there. No hassle with shuttles or luggage. Away we go, that to me is worth the cost. :)

do they have porters at the port parking lot?

do they have porters at the port parking lot?

You drop off your luggage with the porters before parking the car and then proceed to the parking lot. Yes, after the cruise, a Porter will take your bags all the way to the car and even help load them.

Well, since I'm not loaded with money, I've always used "Park n Cruise" at Port Canaveral. Much less expensive, easy to find, and park, good shuttles which run often, friendly, helpful staff and overall, a good deal, IMO. Check it out, and if you don't think it's a better option, then park at the port. No problem.

"SKY"

This was our experience also.

No problem at all.

We usually do a park and stay at a hotel, but for our cruise out of Port Canaveral, we are thinking of going to Universal Studios that day. So I'm thinking, park at the port, we have FTTF, we can self-debark and be in our car and on the road by 9am at the latest?

I have looked at Park n Cruise for a little savings. Are their shuttles at the port waiting that early? And I'm guessing they won't leave until they have a full bus?

We usually do a park and stay at a hotel, but for our cruise out of Port Canaveral, we are thinking of going to Universal Studios that day. So I'm thinking, park at the port, we have FTTF, we can self-debark and be in our car and on the road by 9am at the latest?

I have looked at Park n Cruise for a little savings. Are their shuttles at the port waiting that early? And I'm guessing they won't leave until they have a full bus?

With FTTF you may make it to Universal not long after the park opens. It's about an hour drive.

Another option ....We always arrive the day prior to sailing so we use :

The Cruise Parking Package at Country Inn & Suites Port Canaveral/Cape Canaveral includes:

-Parking for one vehicle for the duration of one cruise (value of $15 per day).

-FREE breakfast (value of approximately $10 per person).

-FREE shuttle (value of $5 per person each way).

Parking at the port would be $120 for a 7 day cruise subtracted from the $191 we're paying = $71 hotel not counting the breakfast.

Other hotels in Cocoa have similar packages available.

We too have used Park n Cruise several times and will again in September.

Is there a trick to pricing? Coupon? The website (park cruise doot com) is pricing at 8 days "peak" (for a 7 day cruise), plus tax and fees, totaling $107.

Port parking is $17/day. It's not clear is that is tax included like in Miami, or if they charge for 8 days (as opposed to 7 nights... or 7 up-to-24 hours periods). Still it seems like it's $120-140, which is not a big difference from $107.

You drop off your luggage with the porters before parking the car and then proceed to the parking lot. Yes, after the cruise, a Porter will take your bags all the way to the car and even help load them.

thank you very much.

With FTTF you may make it to Universal not long after the park opens. It's about an hour drive.

more likely to do that if we park at the port, right? since it is about an hour drive and we can be one of the first off the ship, I would hate to waste 30-45 minutes dealing with a shuttle, if that's what we'd be looking at?

I am thinking of parking at the RCCL port parking when we go on our weekend cruise. I see that the Oasis leaves on Sunday and we leave the following Friday. Are there enough spaces to accommodate the large ships as well as following departures?