Nude Cruises

SteveS

All of the French Islands have nude beaches. The south half of Orient Beach on St Marten by The Orient Beach Club is full nude. There are five other nude beaches on St Marten that are more secluded. Some are on the Dutch side, St Maartin.

On St Thomas Little Magens Bay is nude but not legal. From Magens Bay Beach walk to the right keeping the bay on your left for a quarter mile. At high tide you'll be walking in waist deep water.

Take the BNT nude cruise in February 2015. It will be a tour of the French Islands and it's nude beaches.

Thank you for the info! I will google the February cruise for details.

No topless sunbathing on the ships. Orient Beach in St. Marten is topless optional, but not full nude.

Orient Beach on St. Martin is clothing optional (Google for details). Years ago, we sunbathed nude at the north shore beaches in the National Park on St. John's, USVI (a short ferry ride from St. Thomas). It is my understanding that the park rangers have been discouraging this lately (Google search). If so, that is unfortunate, it is lovely there.

• 5 months later...

All of the French Islands (like all of France) allow for topless sunbathing everywhere. This is true in Saint Martin, Guadeloupe, Martinique, Les Saintes, Saint Barth, but also French Polynesia, the south of France, Normandy coast, etc. This also applies to hotel pools.

As one poster described, nude bathing is allowed on Saint Martin at several beaches. Also in Martinique, Guadeloupe and Les Saintes. It is not allowed but frequently practiced and tolerated in Saint Barth, at Salines, Gouverneur and Colombier beaches.

Some other Carribean also have nude and/or topless beaches -- Jamaica, Antigua, to name a few.

• 1 year later...
No topless sunbathing on the ships. Orient Beach in St. Marten is topless optional, but not full nude.

Club Orient @ Orient Beach is full nude. Private beach - no vendors. Was there 1/2016. $20 for 2 chaises & umbrella.

Are there any RCCL ships that allow at least topless sun bathing?? Are there any beaches in St. Marten or St. Thomas that do? The "regular" threads seem to balk at the mention of topless or nude so I hated to ask there.

IF you happen to book one of the Full Ship Lifestyle Takeovers (That regularly use RCCL, Celebrity and now MSC Divina) you can be naked on deck when not in port!!

• 2 weeks later...
IF you happen to book one of the Full Ship Lifestyle Takeovers (That regularly use RCCL, Celebrity and now MSC Divina) you can be naked on deck when not in port!!

But the original question was about nude cruises, not swingers cruises. Bare Necessities runs true nudist cruises, where you can be nude anywhere on the ship other than the MDR when not in port.

• 4 months later...
As a lifelong naturist who also loves cruising I really fancy a Bare Necessities cruise. What about going solo? I am not looking for romance, I am happily married but I now cruise solo when textile as my husband doesn't like cruises and my daughter is now about to go off to university. We have our final cruise together on the Oriana booked after her A levels.

Yes, would love to cruise naked,as I too am a lifelong naturist and cruise regularly with my wife, who doesn't share my naturist passion unfortunately.She is happy for me to practise naturism and I will sunbath naked whenever possible on our balcony when cruising. We will also visit clothing optional beaches when we visit different parts of the world, but she stays covered. What a pity you and I couldn't book a naked cruise together to share our dream. We have just come back from the Med cruising on the Independence of the Seas, so know Southampton well.

Yes, would love to cruise naked,as I too am a lifelong naturist and cruise regularly with my wife, who doesn't share my naturist passion unfortunately.She is happy for me to practise naturism and I will sunbath naked whenever possible on our balcony when cruising. We will also visit clothing optional beaches when we visit different parts of the world, but she stays covered. What a pity you and I couldn't book a naked cruise together to share our dream. We have just come back from the Med cruising on the Independence of the Seas, so know Southampton well.

My wife too will not bare it all. We go to Blind Creek Beach (a C/O beach) on Florida's Treasure Coast a few times a week - sometimes I go without her. We are in our 70's. She has body issues - three C sections. We used to go skinny dipping with her sister and friends when we were in our 20's. We always take a cruise that stops in Saint Martin so we can go to Club Orient for the day.

I never had sunbathed nude or even topless but had a desire to do so for several years. However just never got a chance to do so. This year I am planning to make that happen.

I am going on a cruise in the end of December that stops at St. Marteen, going to visit Orient Beach and go to the nude portion of the beach.

I travel solo, so I am a bit hesitant to go there alone. Hopefully I will meet some people on the cruise who want to give it a try as I do.

The Bare Necessities cruises are clothing optional, so someone uncomfortable being nude doesn't have to participate. You have to be clothed in the main dining room, so there are always clothed people around on the ship to blend in with. And I am sure there are some spouses that remain clothed the whole time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never had sunbathed nude or even topless but had a desire to do so for several years. However just never got a chance to do so. This year I am planning to make that happen.

I am going on a cruise in the end of December that stops at St. Marteen, going to visit Orient Beach and go to the nude portion of the beach.

I travel solo, so I am a bit hesitant to go there alone. Hopefully I will meet some people on the cruise who want to give it a try as I do.

Go to Club Orient - it's a private club on Orient Beach - facing the water, it's on your extreme right - and you won't get hassled by vendors. We were there in January and paid $20 for two chassis's & an umbrella. There are restaurants if you want to grab a bite to eat. We'll be there in December too - on the MSC Davina. If you're ever in Florida, there is Blind Creek Beach (Google it) on South Hutchinson Island on the Treasure Coast. :)C/O, :)friendly people, quiet. We go at least once a week.

The nude portion of the beach is in front of Club Orient. There is a small pile of rocks going down to the water just after Pedro's Beach Bar. That marks the beginning of the nude beach. A little further up is Club Orient's Perch Bar and at the end of the beach is Club Orient's Papagayo Restaurant.

The nude portion of the beach is in front of Club Orient. There is a small pile of rocks going down to the water just after Pedro's Beach Bar. That marks the beginning of the nude beach. A little further up is Club Orient's Perch Bar and at the end of the beach is Club Orient's Papagayo Restaurant.

I love this restaurant. First time I went it was strange sitting in a restaurant naked as most places don't allow this. Loved it! Not the best food in the world but the atmosphere made up for it. Going back on my 08/28 cruise and can't wait. Enjoy!!!:D

I love this restaurant. First time I went it was strange sitting in a restaurant naked as most places don't allow this. Loved it! Not the best food in the world but the atmosphere made up for it. Going back on my 08/28 cruise and can't wait. Enjoy!!!:D

The food was a lot better last year when we stayed at Club Orient for a week. The atmosphere is even better for dinner/dancing, but you won't get to see that when on a day trip from a cruise.

The food was a lot better last year when we stayed at Club Orient for a week. The atmosphere is even better for dinner/dancing, but you won't get to see that when on a day trip from a cruise.

I'd love to do a week (or 2) there. I've not done dinner there but sounds like fun and to go dancing afterwards; very cool!

Hello all, I came here seeking advice. :confused:

I am new to nudism and kind of skeptical about not having clothes on.

I am also a single male and would like to go on one of these cruises.

Any advice for a single guy, I know some of these cruises have a lot of rules about "couples only", "single women only if invited by a couple", blah blah blah. :rolleyes: :mad:

Which ones are accepting of single men, And what is some advice to mentally prepare myself for the company of other nudist?

Edited by Cruise Stud

Well, there are nude (or to be more accurate: clothing optional) cruises and then there are couples (or to be more accurate: swingers) cruises. The nude cruises are, to the best of my knowledge, only run by one travel company - Bare Necessities Tour and Travel. All of the other ones are couples cruises, which pretty much implies couples only. The nude cruises are open to singles and BN will even help find a cabin mate to help with costs (the per person cost on their website assumes two people in the cabin).

As far as getting prepared for being with nudists... I'm not sure a cruise is the best first social nude experience. If you decide you hate the idea, you are stuck on the ship for 10 days. You can keep your clothes on, but you will still be surrounded by others who will be nude. A nude beach or a nude resort gives you the chance to leave early if you really decide it isn't for you. If you have gotten to the point of being interested, there is a high probability that when you try it you will have a great time, but you never know and those 10 days could go by awfully slow!

Just do whatever you would do if everyone was clothed. Social nudity isn't about sex... That's what the couples cruises are for.

Edited by JohnnyCruiser

I am going for my first nude experience on the beach, with Club Orient resort. I am talking a cruise that stops in St. Maarten and will head to the Orient Beach. I am going solo, might feel a bit odd going on my own, hopefully will find someone on the ship(another solo)who wants to share the experience of nude bathing and sunning.

I am going for my first nude experience on the beach, with Club Orient resort. I am talking a cruise that stops in St. Maarten and will head to the Orient Beach. I am going solo, might feel a bit odd going on my own, hopefully will find someone on the ship(another solo)who wants to share the experience of nude bathing and sunning.

Good luck finding someone to go with. If we were on your cruise we would go with you! There are some really nice guests at Club Orient (the resort behind the nude end of the beach) that run different games and activities to try to get cruise passengers to come join in and be brave enough to take their suits off. Club Orient is closed in September (except for the restaurant and beach bar), so I don't know if they have anything organized then, but otherwise there are usually friendly "beach ambassadors" trying to convert whoever is willing to give it a try. Even if you go alone, the nudists on the beach are really friendly and will hopefully help you feel more at ease. Then once you see that it isn't a big deal AT ALL, you can laugh at all of your shipmates that were too scared to go to Orient and give it a try!

Nothing goes on in public. Once you are in your cabin it's nobody else's business! Nudists are pretty accepting overall. There are fat nudists, skinny nudists, tall nudists, short nudists, well endowed (both male and female) nudists, not so well endowed nudists, ones with/without tattoos or piercings, you name it. Most know how to have fun and not be judgmental. On a cruise this means you hardly ever run into a chronic complainer that sucks the fun out of everyone around them. That makes it easier to relax and join in on having fun and taking your clothes off when you are ready. With up to 2000 other nudists around, it might not take that long to feel more uncomfortable WITH clothes on! Then you will wonder what you were worried about in the first place.

Also, nudists don't use the term colony. There are resorts, campgrounds, parks, beaches, but no colonies unless there is an ant hill in the middle of the lawn.

Ok thanks for the tips. And thanks for correcting me, I hope I didnt offend...and sorry if I did. The only reason I used colony is because I couls have sworn I have seen it used somewhere else online before. :confused: Nevertheless, now I know.

Any tips for a single, timid, shy, introverted guy to be able to mingle?

Edited by Cruise Stud

If you're straight, you're right to be concerned. Besides BN, most of the other passengers are from places that sight unseen, don't allow single men. They are indeed judgemental and not welcoming.

However, if you're gay- I was talking to some gay guys at a Florida resort (at least, the one who was sober enough to be coherent), they thought they had a wonderful time and couldn't wait to go back.

Good luck finding someone to go with. If we were on your cruise we would go with you! There are some really nice guests at Club Orient (the resort behind the nude end of the beach) that run different games and activities to try to get cruise passengers to come join in and be brave enough to take their suits off. Club Orient is closed in September (except for the restaurant and beach bar), so I don't know if they have anything organized then, but otherwise there are usually friendly "beach ambassadors" trying to convert whoever is willing to give it a try. Even if you go alone, the nudists on the beach are really friendly and will hopefully help you feel more at ease. Then once you see that it isn't a big deal AT ALL, you can laugh at all of your shipmates that were too scared to go to Orient and give it a try!

• 2 weeks later...
Ok, thanks for the clarification :-)

Thanks, I am not so much uncomfortable being around other nude people...but rather uncomfortable being nude myself, and having others look at me. I guess a self conscious type of thing. :(

I can assure you, most of the other folks won't even be looking. Just walk like you know where you're going, smile at others, and enjoy your day. I've found people take quick glances and move on. Enjoy your time in public naked and feel the freedom.