Ferry excursion through Panama Canal?

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:44 PM.
Vancouver, WA
719 Posts
Joined Sep 2007
Originally posted by islandgirlejfan
BillB48...thank you SO MUCH for your insight, pictures and adding to this thread so quickly! Amazing stuff there! My first choice would have been a full passage, however given that we are still working stiffs (8 years more for him, 10 for me), it's hard for us to be off of work the length of time the Panama itinerary requires...add to that my husband is on call for his job once every four weeks and right now is a little hard to make all the work out. We did purchase the shore excursion for the time present just because this has been one of our dreams....thanks for your perspective on the itinerary. It really helps me with deciding where else we would like to go.
We are in a similar situation with working (and husband is self employed), plus I hate leaving the dog for too long! I am excited to do the partial though, and plan to book the ferry excursion. We will definitely bring extra water and snacks!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ruby Princess 1/18
Crown Princess 8/16
Caribbean Princess 1/16
Westerdam 6/14
Oosterdam 4/11
Radiance of the Seas 10/09
Monarch of the Seas 12/04
Norwegian Sky 9/03
HAL Statendaam 6/81
17 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
We have the partial Panama Canal cruise booked for November on the NCL Pearl. After reading all of this and seeing the pictures, I don't think I can wait! I am so excited to be doing this cruise!!! Thank you for the information on the ferry, I had read that it was the better choice between it and the railroad excursion and will be booking it soon. For the person that asked the price it is $189.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
NCL Spirit Western Caribbean
NCL Getaway Eastern Caribbean
NCL Pearl Alaska
NCL Escape Eastern Caribbean
NCL Jade Canada/New England
NCL Dawn Bermuda