Would you cancel?

pls5286

I have been dealing with invisible disabilities and a bad leg for a year or so. We have already bought me a scooter due to my leg. I recently had a stroke affecting my left side. I can stand and take a few steps. We have a NCL Epic cruise in December. Would you still go?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Forums mobile app

Hello,

I hope you are well and strong enough to cruise. I would go! I travel with a scooter, cane and walker. Your cruise might be different from others but it can be wonderful. Enjoy the vistas and sunsets. Enjoy the people and every minute of travel. Do what you can, rest when you need and go for it.

I usually go solo but soon I will travel with someone with more special needs than myself. We will laugh and maybe cry but we will be out seeing the world and maybe planning our next adventure. Enjoy every minute.

I have been dealing with invisible disabilities and a bad leg for a year or so. We have already bought me a scooter due to my leg. I recently had a stroke affecting my left side. I can stand and take a few steps. We have a NCL Epic cruise in December. Would you still go?

I personally cannot fly or take a train .Therefore I am limited to cruises .Although I have major walking difficulty I will do everything until the day that I cannot do it any more.

I personally cannot fly or take a train .Therefore I am limited to cruises .Although I have major walking difficulty I will do everything until the day that I cannot do it any more.

I am in somewhat the same situation. I say TRAVEL WHY YOU CAN. In May we cruised on NCL Getaway in a HC cabin. It was great/ Lots of scooter room and the bathroom was great. Grab bars everywhere and a fold down shower seat.

I take my scooter right up to the door of the plane and it is waiting when I get off. People everywhere are so accommodating.

Please do not deprive yourself of a beautiful world out there. Always something to see and do, so enjoy it while you can.

The last time we were in Tortola, we rode our scooters to the Botanical Garden. Not the best road conditions, but doable. It is a mile from the dock, so should not be too far for someone walking along with you. In St. Thomas, it is almost two miles to the center of town, thus could be a bit of a challenge for anyone on foot. Also, some of the sights are on the hill side. Steep hill, hard on batteries. Regardless, there is shopping at the port and a couple museums in the immediate area. Great Stirrup Cay is a tender port, thus you cannot take the scooter. I do not recall NCL having any roll-on tenders.

I go ashore in every port. If nothing else, collect the free give-aways for my granddaughters. As many times as I have been to the islands, there is always something to see and do.

My traveling companion and I, along with an able body lady, took a trip around the world on our scooters. A couple flights, three cruises and train trip across Europe. At the time, the world was not quite ready for scooters. Regardless, people everywhere are wonderful. If we hit a snag or had a problem, it seemed like people were coming to our aid everywhere.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty

It might be a good idea to check with your doctor first. He can advise you on your present health condition and potential risks with future travel. It's most important to assess your current lab tests, medications, BP, etc. and he is in the best position to do that. I don't think anyone on CC can give you that kind of assessment.

After the doctor's approval, I would suggest you go ahead. I am in a very similar situation and have been travelling for quite some time now. It's important to know your risks beforehand though.

It's also important to buy insurance ( with pre-existing clause) before and on any future cruises.

You have from now until December to continue recovery, reassess, and talk to your doctor and get in the best health for travel.

I hope you got trip insurance when you signed up for the cruise. If you did not, you cannot now get it that covers pre-existing conditions. If you cancel without the insurance, you will loose your paid cruise money.

Aside from that, I agree with above. If your doctor clears you for travel, go for it. You're not getting younger, or less disabled, and should take the opportunities while you can. Yes, there is some risk, but that is life. Take a little risk in order to have fun!

I hope you got trip insurance when you signed up for the cruise. If you did not, you cannot now get it that covers pre-existing conditions. If you cancel without the insurance, you will loose your paid cruise money.

Aside from that, I agree with above. If your doctor clears you for travel, go for it. You're not getting younger, or less disabled, and should take the opportunities while you can. Yes, there is some risk, but that is life. Take a little risk in order to have fun!

I think there IS at least one company that would sell insurance that has pre-existing condition coverage, if it is purchased no later than within 24 hours of FINAL payment (defined narrowly).

www.TripInsuranceStore.com can help you with this, but CALL them, as this is a very specific need. Make sure it will work for your specific situation.

GC