NCL Breakaway Baltic Cruise Review July 13, 2018

nycfa

Does delta fly nonstop from jfk to copenhagen? If so, is it on a code share airline like air france or klm?

Or is it a regular delta flight?

Delta flies Non Stop JFK - Copenhagen seasonally ( basically all of cruise season)

Not a code share flight...it’s on Delta Metal. 767 or 757 depending on the day of the week. :)

nycfa

I just started reading your review as we will be doing the same cruise next year on the Getaway leaving July 13. I haven't read everything yet but for any of the countries did you need to get visa's? Great review.

Thanks

Bob

We did not need Visa for anywhere.

However in Russia you MUST be booked on an organized tour either thru the cruise line or a licensed Russian tour operator (we used TJ Travel). The tour ticket is your “Visa” for getting on and off the ship.

If you wish to just get off and explore on your own in Russia (not really recommend) you would need to apply for a Visa for that (pricey and time consuming).

Thanks great information. Much appreciated. I will read your review in detail as I get time. Also will look closely at where you stayed in Copenhagen as there will four of including to two teenage grandkids. Thanks again

We did not need Visa for anywhere.

However in Russia you MUST be booked on an organized tour either thru the cruise line or a licensed Russian tour operator (we used TJ Travel). The tour ticket is your “Visa” for getting on and off the ship.

If you wish to just get off and explore on your own in Russia (not really recommend) you would need to apply for a Visa for that (pricey and time consuming).

• 8 months later...

Just wanted to say thank you for this great review!  We are on this same itinerary this year on the NCL Getaway for the exact same dates as you were.  Your information has cleared up lots of questions that we had and answered some that we hadn't thought of!