Bliss MDRs

Dejlig Ko

I can't find the post now, but I remember reading comments that the tables in The Manhattan Room where closer together and the room nosier with slower service that in Savor and Taste. Bliss cruisers was this your experience? I'm considering moving some of my pre-booked reservations out of the Manhattan Room if so. Also wondering in Taste and Savor, do diners come in shorts? Tank tops? Not that I want to where a tank top at dinner, but just wondering. Thanks in advance for any insight!

Cruise casual shorts are allowed but tank tops are not in all Bliss MDRs.

Thanks for that! I was just reading that shorts are now allowed in the Manhattan Room, but that long pants were required in the past. Any input on the table crowding and slower service?

Thanks for that! I was just reading that shorts are now allowed in the Manhattan Room, but that long pants were required in the past. Any input on the table crowding and slower service?

It depends on the ship. On some, long pants are required in one of the MDRs. On others, shorts are fine in all MDRs.

Just off of the Bliss, I’m afraid I can’t comment on the Manhattan room as we only ate in Taste and Savor. There were people in shorts but no one that I saw wore beach casual shorts they were more dress type shorts. The service in both were great and they were nice and quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Shorts have always been allowed in all main dining rooms on the Bliss, Breakaway, Getaway, and Escape.

I can't find the post now, but I remember reading comments that the tables in The Manhattan Room where closer together and the room nosier with slower service that in Savor and Taste. Bliss cruisers was this your experience? I'm considering moving some of my pre-booked reservations out of the Manhattan Room if so. Also wondering in Taste and Savor, do diners come in shorts? Tank tops? Not that I want to where a tank top at dinner, but just wondering. Thanks in advance for any insight!

I thought the Manhattan Dining Room was much louder. Maybe the high ceilings (2 story in parts) and we happened to have several very large groups dining at the same time. I would guess that asking for a table over to the side might be quieter. (We were near the center of the room.)

[qudid you have a seafood buffet any night in the garden cafe?ote=Ck37421;56791914]Just off of the Bliss, I’m afraid I can’t comment on the Manhattan room as we only ate in Taste and Savor. There were people in shorts but no one that I saw wore beach casual shorts they were more dress type shorts. The service in both were great and they were nice and quiet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We got off the Bliss this past Saturday. The Manhattan was a louder MDR on Bliss than it was on the Escape. Maybe tables were a bit closer together than Taste/Savor but if they were, not by much. Just seemed a bit louder in there because it is more open and a larger room, hence more tables & people. We enjoyed eating in all 3 MDR's

Making an assumption here that might be incorrect. If the MDRs on Bliss are the same as on Getaway (the names are the same), I agree that the Manhattan Room is noisier than either Taste or Savor. IMO it is because of the entertainment, and the fact that it is a large open space, whereas Taste and Savor are divided into smaller areas. In Taste and Savor some diners do come in shorts. I have never seen any men in tank tops at dinner, which I assume is what you mean, because I have seen women in sleeveless tops or dresses.

I think that because Bliss has been in AK all season you are not going to get a good feel for what people will wear on board in the Caribbean.

Hopefully this gives a little guidance.