Sleeper Sofa Size?

We took a Caribbean cruise last year on Adventure of the Seas.

The wife and I enjoyed it, but my son (who had to sleep on the sleeper sofa) couldn't get a good nights rest. This July we are taking the Alaskan cruise on Explorer of the Seas in a D1 Balcony room. Can anyone tell me, or if you are traveling soon, measure the size of the sleeper sofa so I can bring along an inflatable mattress topper for it?

The wife and I enjoyed it, but my son (who had to sleep on the sleeper sofa) couldn't get a good nights rest. This July we are taking the Alaskan cruise on Explorer of the Seas in a D1 Balcony room. Can anyone tell me, or if you are traveling soon, measure the size of the sleeper sofa so I can bring along an inflatable mattress topper for it?

This has been a problem with many....just ask your cabin steward for a mattress topper for it.

D is Superior.

Thank you. That's what I thought but wanted to make sure.

TucsonJB, I'm on the Explorer at the end of May. It's a JS, but they have the same sofa beds as Superiors. I will measure it for you if no one gets back to you before that or if you don't go with the foam topper option.

• 1 month later...

It's approximately 82 in. long by 62 in. wide.

60ecec1906ade6016b13491d776b3f63.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

You're welcome.

It's the same sleeper (albeit in navy not aqua--post dry dock). Your photo is of it in its couch form and mine is of it folded out. Mine also had a mattress topper on it. It's not a traditional hide-a-bed like you would have at home. If you look in the lower left hand corner of my photo, you can see the arm.

• 3 weeks later...
JoyMouse,

I see it now. Thanks for clarifying.

I will pick up a queen inflatable before the cruise.

John

That is likely to hang over the edges. (if you care) And since one side will be against the wall, you can't "even out" the overhang. It will all be on the outside.

Our granddaughter liked sleeping on one of the drop down beds better than on the sofa. She said it was a regular twin size mattress (according to her). Some balcony rooms offer a third person drop down bed that may be more comfortable.

Our granddaughter liked sleeping on one of the drop down beds better than on the sofa. She said it was a regular twin size mattress (according to her). Some balcony rooms offer a third person drop down bed that may be more comfortable.

The OP would have to get a smaller cabin to get the pullman on the Explorer.

Right now they have a D. In the balcony cabin, they would have to drop down to the E category. All D cabins on the Explorer that have more than two berths have a sofabed.

Our daughter has slept on the sofa beds for 12 years. They're not perfect but she's never complained about "not getting a good nights rest".

An inflatable queen is huge, what will you do with it during the day????:eek: Would seem like more trouble than it's worth to inflate and deflate it every day.....

Edited by bouhunter