Just off the BLISS.....

mchl73133

Wanted to give everyone a heads up about the Photographs on the Bliss.

They do not have the photographers in the main dining rooms anymore like other boats.

They do have the stations set up during dinner on decks 678.

They also have photographers in the Specialty Restaurants, BUT here is the catch. You must purchase these photos from the Specialty Restaurants separately that night. I believe they are $25 ea. You can not get them later nor with the Photo Package at the end of the cruise. We always buy the 10 photo package, but did not this time because some of the photos we like are from the Specialty Restaurants. So we only bought 1 photo from Teppanyaki.

Im guessing they figured that most people weren't buying the restaurant photos and only the backdrop photos outside the restaurants. Let me know your thoughts on this. Other than that, the bliss was amazing. Let me know if you have any questions. I still have the dailies and other info if anyone needs.

Thanks for the feedback. How was your boarding experience in Seattle? What time did you select to arrive in port, what time did boarding start, how smooth were things from there, etc? I'm 17 days away!

Boarding was the easiest and quickest We have ever experience. This was our 8th cruise. First out of Seattle, most from Florida. The time that was available for embarkation was 12:30pm. We got to the port at 11:27am and had a drink in my hand on board before 11:50am. Very easy. We walked right on the ship. No waiting whatsoever. We never received a boarding number nor was there a line for security. There was no line to do the paperwork. They don’t take photos for your keycard anymore. They use the photo from your passport.

After that we walked right on. I recommend booking dinners/shows online. And go straight to the booking area on deck 6 in the Social for the dinners if you don’t see your time available online. They fill fast and prepare to wait in lines there. Be patient, your already on the ship instead of waiting in the lobby to board. I believe NCL only opens 20% of dinning times online before the cruise.

Also if your traveling with someone maybe have them go to Q and book Go Carts, Laser, and Prohibition, and the other shows if you didn’t get them booked online.

The Beatles shows are first come seats. I recommend getting there 45 min early, Cavern Club is small and fills fast. Don’t sit in back, people will stand in front of you. Plus front row is better.

We also got to the main shows about 30 min early. And we’re always able to get good seats. We like isle seats.

Remember to be patient. Elevators can get crowded but if you are capable of using the stairs, I would. Specially if your going down or up only a couple flights. We are a younger couple and always try to use the stairs. I saw many people push their way on when someone with a scooter or broken foot was waiting and were not able to get on because people jumped in front of them. Specially little the kids.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Safe travels. Enjoy!! It was one of out favorite cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can you tell me where to go for Vibe passes?

Sorry we did not get the pass since it was Alaska and to much to see on the boat. You will always be able to get chairs on the pool deck. Hot tubs in Spice were never full and it’s 18 over in there.

Boarding was the easiest and quickest We have ever experienced...

Thank you so much for your detailed answer! It is very much appreciated. I do have a few more questions, since you offered :halo::halo::halo:

How was crowd management on port mornings? Are we best off ordering room service those mornings or is it pretty efficient getting people in and out of main dining rooms / buffet in a timely manner?

Did you catch any of the typical cruise shows in the atrium, and how was the sound/seating? I've heard mixed reviews about sitting at the local for the best seat in the house because deck 6 is a madhouse and crowded, but I've also heard you can't hear anything from there.

Did you see if the bow of the ship was opened for passengers on glacier viewing day?

And I know food is totally personal and subjective but I'd still love to hear it, what was your favorite meal from your cruise?

How was your glacier viewing day? Was is still scheduled? Can you see anything from the ship? Are the open decks overly crowded with people? Did you partake in the spa at all? If so, how were the crowds in the thermal suite for example? Thanks!

They also have photographers in the Specialty Restaurants, BUT here is the catch. You must purchase these photos from the Specialty Restaurants separately that night. I believe they are $25 ea.

This has been happening in the Teppanyaki restaurant for at least two years that I've noticed. I'm surprised at how many folks would purchase the photographs, so I guess NCL figured it would be a good thing to do in all the specialty restaurants, since folks seem to want them.

Thank you so much for your detailed answer! It is very much appreciated. I do have a few more questions, since you offered :halo::halo::halo:

How was crowd management on port mornings? Are we best off ordering room service those mornings or is it pretty efficient getting people in and out of main dining rooms / buffet in a timely manner?

Did you catch any of the typical cruise shows in the atrium, and how was the sound/seating? I've heard mixed reviews about sitting at the local for the best seat in the house because deck 6 is a madhouse and crowded, but I've also heard you can't hear anything from there.

Did you see if the bow of the ship was opened for passengers on glacier viewing day?

And I know food is totally personal and subjective but I'd still love to hear it, what was your favorite meal from your cruise?

Im not a breakfast person. But my in-laws said it was busy on port mornings. Maybe try room service.

Atrium was busy for sure, we didn't attend any shows that were shown there. We did see some from The Local while having lunch a couple days and yes you can hear everything from up there.

Yes the bow of the ship deck 8 I believe was open. We had balcony rooms. 1 on each side of the ship, same deck, so we jumped back and forth from each room for the better view. The shipped spun around 1 time and left. We made it to the Glacier and could clearly see it. But I guess it changes daily. We got lucky with weather the whole time. Locals were saying it was the nicest week this year so far.

Favorite meal for me is always Teppanyaki. But I didn't have a bad meal.

Also for those wondering, there are no Crab Legs during the Alaksan Seafood night. I've seen lots of the pictures floating around on the internet, etc. That was for the Inaugural cruise only.

Los Lobos was very good also. To much food if you got the dinner package. I calculated it and its cheaper to buy the different portions separately than buying the UDP. The table side guacamole was amazing and way to much for 2 people. 3 Whole Large Avocados. Tacos were very good as well.

We leave Saturday thanks for the information on the Beattles. Do you need reservations for the cavern club?

No reservations. Just recommend getting there about 45 min. early. They have several different shows like Abbey Road, Sgt. Pepper, etc. The dailies do not say anything about Beatles. I think they said Britains Finest: Abbey Road or Britains Finest: Sgt. Pepper. The guys that were on our shipped were leaving this ship so there is a new band now. But the ones on our cruise were great and funny.

Boarding was the easiest and quickest We have ever experience. This was our 8th cruise. First out of Seattle, most from Florida. The time that was available for embarkation was 12:30pm. We got to the port at 11:27am and had a drink in my hand on board before 11:50am. Very easy. We walked right on the ship. No waiting whatsoever. We never received a boarding number nor was there a line for security. There was no line to do the paperwork. They don’t take photos for your keycard anymore. They use the photo from your passport.

After that we walked right on. I recommend booking dinners/shows online. And go straight to the booking area on deck 6 in the Social for the dinners if you don’t see your time available online. They fill fast and prepare to wait in lines there. Be patient, your already on the ship instead of waiting in the lobby to board. I believe NCL only opens 20% of dinning times online before the cruise.

Also if your traveling with someone maybe have them go to Q and book Go Carts, Laser, and Prohibition, and the other shows if you didn’t get them booked online.

The Beatles shows are first come seats. I recommend getting there 45 min early, Cavern Club is small and fills fast. Don’t sit in back, people will stand in front of you. Plus front row is better.

We also got to the main shows about 30 min early. And we’re always able to get good seats. We like isle seats.

Remember to be patient. Elevators can get crowded but if you are capable of using the stairs, I would. Specially if your going down or up only a couple flights. We are a younger couple and always try to use the stairs. I saw many people push their way on when someone with a scooter or broken foot was waiting and were not able to get on because people jumped in front of them. Specially little the kids.

Let me know if you have anymore questions. Safe travels. Enjoy!! It was one of out favorite cruises.

Hi, thanks for information, regarding booking the go carts etc , where do you book that ? At guest services in the lobby or elsewhere? Also did you manage to get try go carts laser tag etc ?

How was your glacier viewing day? Was is still scheduled? Can you see anything from the ship? Are the open decks overly crowded with people? Did you partake in the spa at all? If so, how were the crowds in the thermal suite for example? Thanks!

Yes glacier was amazing. I thought there would be to many ice burgs but they navigated right up to the glacier. Great views. Obviously they cant get that close but close enough for pictures. The front of the boat was open. The waterfront did not look to busy. A lot of people were on their balconies.

My in-laws did the spa pass. Recommend purchasing in advance. It is more expensive on the ship.

The first morning they went. (Sunday, sea day) and they said it was packed. Couldn't find a seat.

But the rest of the cruise was ok in there.

I would love to see the dailies also! Thank you very much!

Wanted to give everyone a heads up about the Photographs on the Bliss.

They do not have the photographers in the main dining rooms anymore like other boats.

They do have the stations set up during dinner on decks 678.

They also have photographers in the Specialty Restaurants, BUT here is the catch. You must purchase these photos from the Specialty Restaurants separately that night. I believe they are $25 ea. You can not get them later nor with the Photo Package at the end of the cruise. We always buy the 10 photo package, but did not this time because some of the photos we like are from the Specialty Restaurants. So we only bought 1 photo from Teppanyaki.

Im guessing they figured that most people weren't buying the restaurant photos and only the backdrop photos outside the restaurants. Let me know your thoughts on this. Other than that, the bliss was amazing. Let me know if you have any questions. I still have the dailies and other info if anyone needs.