So confused ......Spa Veranda room Nieuw Amsterdam

luv-my-kids

I am so confused.... I was booked on the 7th floor Nieuw Amsterdam 7014 standard balconyroom. I moved to the Spa Veranda room......11001. It looks like the balcony is ALOT smaller. Did I make a bad decision?? Please advise.

This is my 1st cruise with Holland. I have a hard time with their website.

Thanks!

The deck 10 Spa Balcony rooms are deeper than deck 11, but appear slightly shallower than the standard balconies on decks 7/8/9. There are few real "perks" to booking a spa balcony on HAL (they DO NOT have access to the thermal suite or hydrotherapy pool for example). If it is not too late I would save the $$ and revert back to your original room if you can and spend the monies elsewhere

The deck 10 Spa Balcony rooms are deeper than deck 11, but appear slightly shallower than the standard balconies on decks 7/8/9. There are few real "perks" to booking a spa balcony on HAL (they DO NOT have access to the thermal suite or hydrotherapy pool for example). If it is not too late I would save the $$ and revert back to your original room if you can and spend the monies elsewhere

Thanks......after waiting on hold for a supervisor for about 45 minutes. I was moved to room 5117. I was told the lifeboats are under us...but does not black the view. Thanks for everyone's help.

Decks 6 and 8 will have slightly deeper verandas, but you are much better off where you are now than in the spa rooms.

If I stay in room 5117 it looks like the lifeboat is right underneath us. It said it is a non obstructed room.

If I stay in room 5117 it looks like the lifeboat is right underneath us. It said it is a non obstructed room.
It is unobstructed looking straight out but you won't be able see close to the ship below. The deck 5 balconies are deeper than the deck 11 ones, but not by much.

I can't go back to he original room. They gave me 10034. Like you said....the balcony is smaller then original room on deck 7. They said there are 2 chairs and a small table for room 10034. The only other place they could move us was on deck 5 right above the lifeboats. Thanks so much for all your help. I was in a panic. :)

Any deck 5, mid-ships balcony cabins will have the huge orange lifeboats hanging on their davits right below your balcony. HAL sells them as VA grade, but to me, they should be considered as partially obstructed. As other's have said, you have a nice view looking straight out to the sea. But if you want to check out a school of dolphins swimming alongside the ship, or watch a sail-away band on the dock, you will be disappointed. The tops of the lifeboats are right below you, and restrict your view downward. Also, because if the narrowed deck in the midships area, the balconies are definitely not as deep. If you can get an aft or forward cabin, away from the narrowed section of the midships, you will have a deeper balcony and no lifeboats below you. Before booking any cabin, on any ship, always check the actual cabin pictures available on the HAL facts website or cruise deck plans website. Do research before you plunk down that credit card.

Edited by TAD2005

I am so glad you got your cabin changed.

A little story..

A few years ago on the NA one of our tablemates boasted that they had the 001 cabin you mentioned. They were determined that they had the best cabin on the ship because of the number. (Kept my mouth shut) They were late checking in and didn't have a chance to look around

the next night we heard the caterwaulling and complaining.