Booking excursions with credit and distinctive voyage

coldweather

Hi:

We selected the $50/port excursion credit per port. We also booked with the "distinctive voyage" promotion that also includes $50/port excursion credit.

I believe I can use both credits so it is $100/port excursion credit.

Has anyone had experience booking excursions with these 2 perks/promos?

Does NCL charge you when booking excursions or do they just add it to your on board account?

thank you.

I've always called to book the excursions, at which time they do NOT charge you. Then once you take the excursion they charge you and credit you back the excursion credits you have, so you only pay the difference.

I've always called to book the excursions, at which time they do NOT charge you. Then once you take the excursion they charge you and credit you back the excursion credits you have, so you only pay the difference.

This is exactly what I've been doing for our January Panama Canal Cruise. $100 off is a great deal! We've booked a tour on disembarkation day, with delivery to the airport, and it applied there, as well. :D

I had both the excursion credit and the distinctive voyage and got the Distinctive voyage excursion credit also. Yes That comes to $100 per port per cabin.

Our Cabo excursions were $39 each. Credit received $78.

We did 3 HOHO tours; paid for completely by the credit.

All told we took 5 excursions and our total out of pocket was $80.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

FYI.. if you are silver-platinum ncl loyalty member you receive an additional 10% off your shore excursion, 15% for platinum plus, and 20% if anyone makes it to ambassador (they deserve it).. so assuming 2 in your room and platinum, you could each book a 55.00 dollar shore excursion, with tour credit and distinctive discount, and your tours would be free (110-11-100 but you don’t get the extra dollar)..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is exactly what I've been doing for our January Panama Canal Cruise. $100 off is a great deal! We've booked a tour on disembarkation day, with delivery to the airport, and it applied there, as well. :D

I would have never thought to apply the shore excursion credits on disembarkation. Thanks for the great tip!

Thanks. A few responses suggested to call to book the excursions. I booked through a big box travel agent. I know if I want to make changes to the cruise I have to work direct through my travel agent.

How about the shore excursions? Do I have to work through the travel agent? Can I work directly with the NCL excursion team?

Thanks.

Thanks. A few responses suggested to call to book the excursions. I booked through a big box travel agent. I know if I want to make changes to the cruise I have to work direct through my travel agent.

How about the shore excursions? Do I have to work through the travel agent? Can I work directly with the NCL excursion team?

Thanks.

No, you do not have to go through the TA. You will need to book your shore excursions by calling

1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

Here are the terms and conditions for the shore excursion credit:

$50 USD Per Port Shore Excursion Credit

$50 USD per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.

Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.

In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.

Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.

Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays count as one port, except Bermuda sailings which can receive up to 3 individual days of shore excursion credit.

Shore excursion credit can only be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.

For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.

If you have either or both Shore Excursion credits do NOT book them directly online through the website OR through an NCL office as you will be charged BEFORE you board and the T&C Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable takes effect. I presume the same thing occurs with your TA doing it.

Call the Toll Free number 18666251167 yourself and "RESERVE" your Shore Excursions and you will not pay till on board. Then the Credits will be immediately used to decrease the cost of the excursions.

See my post on https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2667762 to read my experience.

When calling shore-ex to reserve excursions...does anyone know when/if platinum 10% price discounts are also applied? And When? Reason I ask is I have reserved 5 shore excursions for an upcoming cruise and although I have not yet paid for them..I also cannot see the price on the reservation anywhere either.

It is applied to the price before the cost is applied to your folio. If it isn't check with Shore Excursion on board.

That is the normal, no price is seen on the Shore Excursion Confirmation.

Thanks Mike! (y)