Musica Class (specifically Orchestra) Aurea S3 Suites vs Aurea B3 Balcony

Captain-John

To see my 'journey' so far, see this thread:

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2570083

Basically on the sailing I am going on in February, there was very little availability (on checking now, the ship seems half empty!). I really wanted the Aurea experience, but I booked the B2 Fantastica in the hopes I could later upgrade. A few days later I managed to upgrade to B3 Aurea, ticking all of my boxes (mainly My Choice Dining).

There are now S3 suites available. I am strongly considering upgrading again, as this is a 12 day cruise and I imagine the extra space will be useful.

To call the S3 a 'suite' is a bit disingenuous I think as it just looks like a larger version of a balcony stateroom. lisamarieh kindly gave me details of her S3 suite on Divina, but as it's a different class of ship the layouts don't seem comparable.

My question is - is it worth the upgrade for the extra square footage alone? As far as I can tell, that's all you get above a B3 (plus a bathtub). Also a slight concern regarding the location on Deck 15, just under the Aurea sun deck - don't want noise of loungers being dragged across the deck.

The S3 on paper has 269 sqf cabin plus 48 sqf balcony. The B3 is (at maximum) 191 sqf cabin plus 43 sqf balcony.

I did ask this question in my previous thread but the title didn't relate to that question so maybe people have bypassed it. I'm hoping a clearer title may get some more input.