Anchorage Hotel

MSPCUBS

Does anyone know what hotel HAL uses in Anchorage? We plan on arriving a day early and would like to stay in the same hotel before we start our land portion of the tour.

My HAL Land/Cruise used the Captain Cook last June (2017).

Probably Westmark, I've stayed there on several occasions with HAL land/cruise tours. The hotel was built before the big cruise and tour boom, so the lobby is pretty dark and cut into several weird rooms and passageways. Ask for a room as high up as possible, and ask for a room with a nice view (some rooms face other buildings). Rooms are large and have balconies.

They put us in the Sheraton. There were renovations (much needed from my research) last summer.

You will get the information about a month in advance. You could make a few reservations for your extra night and just cancel the extra places once you find out. Or just book an extra night through HAL and then you know they would keep you in the same.

Yes, I would describe the Westmark when we stayed there as "Old Worn Out Holiday Inn" decor. Was not pleased for the price we were charged by HAL. I sent a written critique to HAL headquarters and got some compensation as a result.

I can say, if they have not made any improvements, it might be best to stay somewhere else. If you do have to stay there, try to get a room on a higher floor, which helps, which we did. Also try not to get a room facing the street, which we found to be very noisy at night. I think the bars must close very late there in summer and the revelers are numerous. Seemed like every truck (and that is the predominant vehicle) had no mufflers, and there were loud motorcycles too. We didn't get much sleep. Wished we had faced another direction other than the street that night!

They put us in the Sheraton. There were renovations (much needed from my research) last summer.

You will get the information about a month in advance. You could make a few reservations for your extra night and just cancel the extra places once you find out. Or just book an extra night through HAL and then you know they would keep you in the same.

Too late to edit. HAL had us in Sheraton because Westmark was being renovated. I considered it lucky to not get Westmark. Wish it had been Captain Cook though!