Satellite TV Network Guide?

harryw

Don't think so. I remember MSNBC, BBC News, CNN, and some sport channels (whatever was carrying the football playoffs on Jan 14th). About 10 in all (tapping into visual memory from last week and looking at my own cable channels to jog my memory).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm not sure why I have this information, but the following were the LiveTV options during our recent cruise on the Star:

Viking Today

BBC News

CNBC

Fox News

ITV Choice

MSNBC

Prime Journeys

Prime One

Sky News

Sky Sports

Sport 24

Bridge Cam

Special Events

I have no idea what was shown on the channels like Viking Today, Special Events and Prime Journeys.

The only channel that I watched was MSNBC. During our 14 days onboard, there were few disruptions, only two that were significant enough to recall. One was overnight as we moved from one port to another...I don’t believe this was a satellite issue, as I was attempting to watch a movie which acted as though it was constantly ‘buffering’, when I switched to MSNBC it acted in a similar manner. The other instance was early one morning when we were already docked in port and the issue seemed specific to the MSNBC feed as I ended up switching to another news network.

I wonder if Viking would broadcast the Super Bowl if ships are at sea that day. When .i was sailing O, it wasn’t aired. Glad to hear MSNBC is available. I’ll be at sea for the February 8 federal budget deadline and will want to follow it. O had a TV in the laundry. Does Viking?

I believe that someone on one of the World Cruise threads mentioned that they would be watching the super bowl live. We sailed over New Years and my son got to watch a couple of the college football bowl games while onboard, so I imagine that something like the Super Bowl would be shown. Yes, there is a TV in the laundry.

I hope that laundry room etiquette prohibits MSNBC and

Fox News viewers wrestling each other for the remote...

Also wondering about the extent of Olympixs coverage.

I never witnessed any such behavior. My brain tunes out Fox anyway, something that seemed to (for years) be the favorite channel in my company's cafe. And probably why I've been eating at my desk for years too.

I hope that laundry room etiquette prohibits MSNBC and

Fox News viewers wrestling each other for the remote...

Also wondering about the extent of Olympixs coverage.

That's funny...no such issues in the laundry room. The TVs were never actually on, the few times that I visited; those sitting and waiting had books and tablets and such.

The Olympics are on the NBC networks, so you should at least be able to view something on MSNBC and CNBC. My son, who is a sports fanatic, was able to watch the football, basketball, soccer and cricket that he wanted to.

Edited by trinicruisegyal
Incomplete response

I try to avoid talking politics on cruises. It makes for a better vacation.

Totally agree. But not always possible. What was really sad was when we were driving back on the bus from the Panama Railway Tour (train from Colón to Panama City and bus back) and our very excellent guide got into singing "If You're Happy with XYZ and You Know It Clap Your Hands". He did the singing; our job was to clap. XYZ was all kinds of stuff from "the tour", "the guide", etc. And everybody clapped in response until he said "your President". Note that he already knew we were all from the US. And only one person clapped. It was embarrasing. In a foreign country and openly disparaging our home country. Sigh.

I’ve given into temptation myself. We like sharing tables in the MDR and specialty restaurants. As a political junkie, if the others initiated verbal cues of being like minded, I couldn’t help myself.

I’m all for hearing others views and sharing opinions. It just becomes ugly when one thinks his or her opinion is all that counts, and no one can agree to disagree, with grace and humor. On the original subject, I had posted earlier about watching my downloaded content from my dvr on the Comcast app on the room TV. On Celebrity, one could attach an hdmi cord. Would love to record the Olympics and then watch after downloading.

I’ve given into temptation myself. We like sharing tables in the MDR and specialty restaurants. As a political junkie, if the others initiated verbal cues of being like minded, I couldn’t help myself.

As do I !

I find the Canadians and Brits love to talk American politcis. And I always learn more about their political landscape durign these dinner conversations.

My first cruise was in 2008 to Europe. Every one I met, asked?" do you think America will elect Obama? ":halo: