No more Cruise Logs

JennysUncle

And voila, the cruise logs have made their return! So will tranquility, perhaps :cool:
Yes, off the Oosterdam just over a week ago. They now call them Voyage Logs. Here is a picture - the main printing is in gold. Very classy!dd618a598bd17a9964df8029ee16de71.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Yes, off the Oosterdam just over a week ago. They now call them Voyage Logs. Here is a picture - the main printing is in gold. Very classy!dd618a598bd17a9964df8029ee16de71.jpg

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I like it! :D Is it possible that HAL is finally listening to their customers?

And although I love the notion that they may in fact be coming back, this doesn't square very well with the response I received from HAL very recently on this issue (post #469).

Great news! Thank you.

The new version of the cruise log will be available on all ships

Agree, good news. But, of no help for those of us who completed Zaandam's Christmas/New Year's cruise to South America and Antarctica and received none. Such a log, with position and weather information, would have been a most welcome addition to our cruise experience.

The new version of the cruise log will be available on all ships

Hmmmmm. great news, but in direct contrast with what HAL told me via email as recently as yesterday, that "Unfortunately, the cruise logs will no longer be offered".

But I'll take it, and I guess we'll see (is the bottom line)! ;)

Hmmmmm. great news, but in direct contrast with what HAL told me via email as recently as yesterday, that "Unfortunately, the cruise logs will no longer be offered".

But I'll take it, and I guess we'll see (is the bottom line)! ;)

Yes, and we know what a great source of reliable information Seattle is :p.

Agree, good news. But, of no help for those of us who completed Zaandam's Christmas/New Year's cruise to South America and Antarctica and received none. Such a log, with position and weather information, would have been a most welcome addition to our cruise experience.

Yes that was the cruise we were on as well. Our first time On HAL. Not getting a cruise log wouldn't be a reason for us to say we would never cruise with HAL again. However we would have liked one and are disappointed it wasn't provided as on other lines. I hope that those on future HAL cruises do indeed get their cruise logs.

Did you get a map of your course?

(We did in 2013).

That was the best cruise. Pieter Bos was Master. It was his second cruise to Antarctica, the first being the cruise before. He told us he had ordered lists of books from eBay and Amazon on topics related to the area, and they were available in the Crows Nest as reference materials (they couldn’t leave the area). Cadets kept charts taped to the walls up to date with position and planned courses. He sort of turned the Crows Nest into a fabulous daytime cruise hub. (I’ve wondered if the concept for the new Crows Nest started with that.....)

Sending that accumulated paper stuff to Mr. Ashford is an excellent idea! It's going to cost you some postage money to do so. But, an accompanying letter explaining why you are doing so may make an impression upon the gentleman. More costly in postage fees, but paying for restricted delivery and and return signature card would help to insure that Mr. Ashford, personally, receives your package and not an Administrative Assistant to the President.

Unfortunately, paying for restricted delivery/signature card is useless in a large organization or even a small one if the postal worker is lazy. I used that method to try to make sure a supervisor saw a letter, it ended up being signed by the person I didn't want to see it. My only recourse was a refund of the extra fees. I asked for an investigation, but never received any results.