1-22-15 Thursday Weigh-In...Another Week!

Belle

When I'm not here everyone you know

You can start and say if high or low

Had a busy day and night yesterday

Forgot about the weigh-in Thursday

So come in now and write

Say if you did everything right

Had a little loss this week

But was from a gain I didn't seek

So really stayed the same

In this weighing game

Posted on this thread some time ago but have been away for a while. I do check in on occasion, though, just to see what people are up to! I didn't do a cruise this winter, instead did an all-inclusive in the Dominican Republic with my 16-year-old daughter. Just got home a couple of weeks ago. We had a fabulous time!! Missed being on a cruise, but she wanted something a little more laid back and this resort was perfect. Had 9 days of perfect weather, plenty of lounging and lots of food and drink.

I have a goal of getting back to what I weighed when I was about 20 years old. I'm 50 now and know it will be harder to get there and to maintain, and I realize I will never LOOK 20 again, but would like to be close to that weight. :rolleyes: It would mean a total of 20-25 pounds to lose. I lost the first 10 pounds between the start of November and Christmas. My vacation set me back a few pounds but am back on track now with my eating and exercise.

I'm not doing anything drastic, just keeping track of my eating and exercising every day. Simply, calories burned exceeding calories consumed. So far so good, down 1 pound this past week.

I do have a trip planned for this fall with my 21-year-old son so definitely want to reach my goal and maintain prior to the trip (and beyond!). I have plenty of time for a slow and steady loss. I have to be prepared, though, for perhaps carrying a little more weight as I know it's important to put on some muscle, also. Key is, how do I feel and how do my clothes feel, not necessarily what the scale says!

In regards to the trip I'm planning, I'm either extremely lucky.....or crazy! I'm traveling with my soon-to-be college graduate son, leaving behind hubby, 3 other kids, 4 dogs and 2 cats for 5 weeks! :eek: We're planning a "circumnavigation" of the globe, starting with a flight from Minnesota to Vancouver to embark on a 15-day transpacific cruise to Shanghai, with stops in Dutch Harbor, AK and several stops in Japan. After spending a few days in China (and seeing the Great Wall), we're hoping to head to New Delhi (Taj Mahal), Dubai (tallest skyscraper in the world), Cairo (pyramids) and then spend another week or 10 days traveling in Europe (maybe France, Italy, Spain, Switzerland). We're hoping to spend a day or two in Reykjavic, Iceland before a nonstop flight home to Minnesota. Not sure how much we'll actually be able to fit in, but we're both very adventurous and love to travel so want to make the most of our time. I'm really looking forward to spending time with my son!

Hope everyone had a good week!

Michelle

Good morning, all.

My scale said that I was down 14 lbs. :eek: After a four pound gain last week. Using my brilliant deductive reasoning skills, I am guessing I need a new scale. LOL.

Congrats to all the losers.

Michelle, your trip with your son sounds fabulous. I am so jealous!

Rose

Hi all!

Belle ~ thanks for starting the thread. Jan was always good for doing that when you couldn't.

I see some good going here so congrats. I, OTOH gained a pound. I think my scale is wonky too, Rose.

Michelle ~ that sounds like a fantastic trip you have planned with your DS. Wow the places you'll see & the memories you'll make!

I'd have to lose about 60 lbs to get back to what I weighed at 20 & I know that's not going to happen.:o

Have a great week!

~ Jo ~ :)

Mostly I'm an oddball, but the thing is comfy as all get out! With the walking stick/GoPro handle and my chin curtain beard - it all kinda works for events where creativity is appreciated.

Edited by shootr

shootr..

What fun and special because you

did it with your daughter. Great memories!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

See Thursday we had some ups and downs.

Rose loved your scale..14 down!

Great some of you have trips to looked forward

to.. that sometimes can help with a weight loss

Hi all!

Hula ~ my condolences on the loss of your Father.

shootr ~ you sure have it tough there in AZ!!:p Nice video, I liked the music too.

Well I'll be interested to see my number tomorrow as when I get weighed each day on the Wii the days I think I'm down I'm up & vice versa!!:confused:

~ Jo ~ :)