Cost of Cigarettes & how much can we bring back

63CRUISE

You can bring INTO Australia per adult traveller 1 packet of cigarettes plus one open packet, but not more than 50 pieces. This from government website.

Of course you know that smoking on Cruise ships is very restricted. If that's a problem, you better check with your cruise line or booking agent

You can bring INTO Australia per adult traveller 1 packet of cigarettes plus one open packet, but not more than 50 pieces. This from government website.

Of course you know that smoking on Cruise ships is very restricted. If that's a problem, you better check with your cruise line or booking agent

Last year - and I strongly doubt its any more generous now - the Aus customs limit was 50 cigs per person.

Yes, 50 cigarettes, not a typo :(

Your smoker-in-tow had better make some non-smoking friends aboard, so they can bring back their limits for him/her as well.

I don't recall the prices on-board, but I do recall that by-the-pack in bars wasn't great value, so buy by-the-carton from ship's duty-free shop.

Or at your non-Aus ports of call.

All way cheaper than the punitive prices in Aus.

If your friend is thinking of bringing back thousands, be aware of the significant risk that the four-legged customs officers will sniff them out. :(

JB :)

OP is an Aussie sailing out of Austrailia. US allowances do not apply.

Yep, I saw that. I was just giving info in contrast I guess. Anyway, a 50 cig limit kind of eliminates any kind of big savings.