Cooking classes at the Kitchen Table

Bxmt54

Can someone give me information on what this is and how it works? We will be on the Viking Sky March 24, 2018 and would like to participate in this program if possible.

Also, how do I find out which hotels we will be staying in for the pre and post tour extensions in Rome and Venice?

Thank you for your time...:halo:

Can someone give me information on what this is and how it works? We will be on the Viking Sky March 24, 2018 and would like to participate in this program if possible.

Kitchen Table is a shore excursion and it is not available on all itineraries or even all sailings of the same itinerary.

To find out if it is possibility for your itinerary, go to the Viking website, to the page for your itinerary. Make sure that you have clicked the itinerary tab (and not dates and pricing) and scroll down to where it says "Day by Day." Click on Day 2 then scroll down to see the shorex that may be on offer. Use the arrows at the top of the page, flanking where it says DAY # to navigate back and forth through the days. Check every day of your cruise to see what may be on offer when you sail. However, you will not know for sure if will be offered on your sailing until the final choice of shorex is posted on My Viking Journey, about 100 to 120 days before you sail.

In addition to the excursion on some cruises, in which you go shopping at a local market with the chef and then come back to the ship to prepare food, there is also a cooking class. My wife did this on our last cruise, this past June. It was announced a day or two in advance in the daily. It began at 10 AM and was limited to 12 participants; first-come, first-served, sign up at the Explorer's Desk. They cooked with the chef and then ate lunch together. I believe the cost was $59 and that it was offered on a sea day.

In addition to the excursion on some cruises, in which you go shopping at a local market with the chef and then come back to the ship to prepare food, there is also a cooking class. My wife did this on our last cruise, this past June. It was announced a day or two in advance in the daily. It began at 10 AM and was limited to 12 participants; first-come, first-served, sign up at the Explorer's Desk. They cooked with the chef and then ate lunch together. I believe the cost was $59 and that it was offered on a sea day.

That is both good news and bad--good to know that it is offered but bad for the OP because there are no sea days on his itinerary.

I went to one on the Sea in January. A sheet about the class was given at check-in (and yes it was on a sea day) so that was the first thing I signed up for. It was a lot of fun-Italian themed on that cruise. The kitchen and lecture area is very nice. The 12 of us did prep work and then the chef demoed the cooking and then we all ate together.

I went to one on the Sea in January. A sheet about the class was given at check-in (and yes it was on a sea day) so that was the first thing I signed up for. It was a lot of fun-Italian themed on that cruise. The kitchen and lecture area is very nice. The 12 of us did prep work and then the chef demoed the cooking and then we all ate together.

If you don't mind, may I ask what the class cost? I know things are constantly changing but we are on the Star in April and it might be a fun thing for that day at sea. Just a ballpark idea is what I'm looking for.

Thanks

Dear Bxmt54,

We’re pleased to hear you’ll be joining us this March, and are expectantly awaiting a wonderful voyage together.

While we’re delighted to see other community members step in and offer insight on The Kitchen Table, should you still be interested in more information on the hotels for your extensions, we invite you to reach out to us at TellUs@vikingcruises.com.

We hope you find this extra guidance useful, Bxmt54, and we look forward to speaking with you.

Kind regards,

Viking Cruises

Also, how do I find out which hotels we will be staying in for the pre and post tour extensions in Rome and Venice?