Holiday Contest 2017! Holiday Decor

Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2017

Celebrate the Holidays of Season with your Cruise Critic Friends -- Thanksgiving - Hanukkah - Christmas - Kwanza - The New Year

This forum contains posts from prior holidays since they are packed full of good cheer and great recipes!
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 06:29 PM.
Ewing, NJ
2,515 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Happy start of the Holiday Season!

Let's have a little contest with a chance to win some Cruise Critic swag.

Show us a photo your favorite holiday and/or winter decor. If you don't have access to a photo that is fine, you can tell us about your favorite decoration and have fun looking at the photos

All are welcome to participate. I will keep this thread open all season long and choose a random winner from all who have participated after the holiday season has ended. Let's say Jan 2 when we return to the office

I will share mine in a comment below
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jenn
Senior Community Support
Contact Us

Submit your cruise review with photos for a chance to win Cruise Critic Logo gear. A prize is awarded weekly.
Ewing, NJ
2,515 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
We have a new home this year, moved in right before Thanksgiving. We moved from a townhouse where we had very little outdoor space to decorate so we find decorating our new home for the holidays a bit challenging. It has been trial and error and we are not nearly finished decorating inside or out just yet. I have lots of ideas I found scouring Pinterest and magazine sites but also don't want to spend a small fortune :)

So far my favorite decorated space is my porch - it really is so simple with two red patterned pillows and some potted greenery. I love the way it looks though, festive without being over the top.

The other is a decoration that has been with us since we moved in together - and with my husband since he was a child. My son named him "Big Elvis", why I have no idea. This was his great decorating idea when I told him to find a space for Big Elvis

Happy Holidays

Jenn K
Senior Community Support
CruiseCritic.com / FamilyVacationCritic.com
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jenn
Senior Community Support
Contact Us

Submit your cruise review with photos for a chance to win Cruise Critic Logo gear. A prize is awarded weekly.
Chilliwack BC
680 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
My husband is a big kid with his 22 year his tradition of creating joy for all kids, big and small, to see. He spends most of the year thinking of new wood Christmas themes that he makes, but making sure to have at least a 2 week break to take in a cruise.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC200011 - Copy - Copysmall.jpg (72.7 KB, 17 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"carry me on the waves to the lands I've never been,"
"carry me on the waves to the lands I've never seen."
"sail away, sail away, sail away "

-----------------------------------------------
Pacific Princess Pacific Coastal Sept '01 "family teaser cruise"

Radiance OTS Panama Canal Apr '06 "25th anniversary"

Volendam Alaska Sept '06 "dad's surprise"

Crown Princess Southern Caribbean Apr '07 "fun in the sun"

Brilliance Of OTS Partial Panama Mar '08 "here we go again"

Vision OTS Mexico Dec '08 "family affair, joining sis on her redneck honeymoon"

Radiance OTS Alaska May '14 "R&R with hubby"

Grand Princess Hawaii Oct '14 "Aloha Sea Days Rejoice"

Liberty OTS Bermuda May '15 "NY NY 1st-timers"

Explorer OTS Coastal Sept '16"cruise withdrawl, must book this"

Oasis OTS Eastern/Western Caribbean B2B April '17"Bro's join us for their 1st Real Cruise"

Explorer OTS 4-day BC Getaway May '17 "R&R after family cruise"
Richmond,VA
144 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
We really enjoy decorating for Christmas and have been told that we go a bit overboard. We built a new house in 2001 to accommodate our Dickens Christmas Village and 25 plus trees. The kids next door call our home the Christmas House. We had our home open a few years ago for the Massey Cancer Clinic Christmas House Tour. We enjoy sharing Christmas with others. We wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy and prosperous New Year.

Sorry, pic and video will not upload. Any suggestions