Norwegian Jewel Itinerary Change

Just got an email from Norweigan about a change of itinerary for our Xmas and NYE cruise.

They basically called it ITINERARY ENHANCEMENT INFORMATION and informed us that is now a NZ only cruise with added stops in Dunedin and Picton, plus scenic cruising through 3 of the sounds. We have the option to cancel, swap, or stay the same and get $150 OBC per cabin.

The previous itentarary was a bit weird, stopping in Melbourne on Xmas Day and Burnie on Boxing day when nothing would be open, so this is good for us.

Just got an email from Norweigan about a change of itinerary for our Xmas and NYE cruise.

They basically called it ITINERARY ENHANCEMENT INFORMATION and informed us that is now a NZ only cruise with added stops in Dunedin and Picton, plus scenic cruising through 3 of the sounds. We have the option to cancel, swap, or stay the same and get $150 OBC per cabin.

The previous itentarary was a bit weird, stopping in Melbourne on Xmas Day and Burnie on Boxing day when nothing would be open, so this is good for us.

Great news for you with that change and some OBC for good measure. :D

However, I am sure some people will be disappointed on missing out on the Aussie ports.

NCL are now getting renowned for changing itineraries.

I was on the Star at Christmas so we are getting use to NCL changes

What they don't do when they say complete refunds is give it

on already booked flights and hotels

If you want to spend 5 days at sea sounds like a great cruise

Perhaps Melbourne doesn't want NCL back after the Star broke down!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

i think that is a win win situation gives you more oppurtunity to spend in New Zealand.

Like most places in Australia Xmas day stop over is going to be a quite affair and waste of a good port unless you have family or friends that you are planning festivities with . and i would dare say most will be with their own families spending xmas if it is only friends that you planned on.

Boxing Day in Burnie is pretty well going to be a bit quite as well, Shops maybe open but ya will be competing to get a bargin and ya may strike it lucky with shore excursions around Burnie.

So i think its a win win for those that are choosing this cruise for New Zealand and not necessarily the melbourne and Burnie stop overs

i think that is a win win situation gives you more oppurtunity to spend in New Zealand.

Like most places in Australia Xmas day stop over is going to be a quite affair and waste of a good port unless you have family or friends that you are planning festivities with . and i would dare say most will be with their own families spending xmas if it is only friends that you planned on.

Boxing Day in Burnie is pretty well going to be a bit quite as well, Shops maybe open but ya will be competing to get a bargin and ya may strike it lucky with shore excursions around Burnie.

So i think its a win win for those that are choosing this cruise for New Zealand and not necessarily the melbourne and Burnie stop overs

Definitely win win.:D

It would be the best if they swapped Burnie & Melbourne around. X-mas in Burnie Different. But Melbourne Boxing Day incredible. Cricket & party atmosphere all around city...

if the ship departs from Sydney it doesnt make sense to head to burnie then back to melbourne as ya back tracking

i agree that boxing day is better to be in Melbourne as there is a world more to do and see with cricket and sales etc

but it would cost more to back track

Edited by ozdevil

Change to our Dec cruise too.

n below:

Original

Thu Sydney, Australia 6:30 pm

Fri at Sea

Sat Geelong

Sun Sea

Mon Kangaroo Island

Tues Adelaide

Wed Sea

Thurs Burnie

Fri Eden

Revised

Thu Sydney, Australia 6:45 pm

Fri Eden

Sat Burnie

Sun Melbourne

Mon At Sea

Tue Kangaroo Island

Wed Adelaide

Thu At Sea

Fri At Sea

Edited by GUT2407
Table didn't work

It would be the best if they swapped Burnie & Melbourne around. X-mas in Burnie Different. But Melbourne Boxing Day incredible. Cricket & party atmosphere all around city...

IMHO Boxing Day in Melbourne is hell! Especially Bourke St where you're likely to get trampled by sale shoppers. ;)

IMHO Boxing Day in Melbourne is hell! Especially Bourke St where you're likely to get trampled by sale shoppers. ;)

Agreed, who wants to shop and if they do who wants that madness. May as well stay on the ship and do the inch of gold sale.:p