Vow renewal on Princess- any experience?

MTJtraveller

Hi!

My husband and myself along with another couple we are travelling with to SA in February on the Star Princess were going to renew our vows while on this sail. Has anyone had any experience with this...regular package or deluxe package....that you would like to share? I really appreciate your opinions!

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Hi!

My husband and myself along with another couple we are travelling with to SA in February on the Star Princess were going to renew our vows while on this sail. Has anyone had any experience with this...regular package or deluxe package....that you would like to share? I really appreciate your opinions!

Thanks in advance!

We renewed our vows on Princess a few years ago and I felt that it was a tremendous romantic event and so did my DW.

I guess it don't have an opinion as to whether to go with one package or another because it wasn't about the frills but more about the event. It just meant a whole lot to renew our vows in the first place and then to do it on a cruise ship - especially Princess - was a plus.

Regardless of what you choose it will be special.

• Like 1

I agree. We renewed vows about 4 or 5 years ago on Princess and then I SURPRISED my wife with another renewal last year on our 25th anniversary. They are special and can be whatever more you make of them after working out the details with the wedding/renewal coordinator. If you want a particular day, time or location (other than the wedding chapel) try to work it out with the Princess rep.

As for the standard or deluxe package, that all depends on your own wants, desires and financial status. We purchased the standard package both times, but still were able to "customize" the one for our 25th!

You might do a search on this forum for "vow renewal" to see what others have done...

• Like 1

My husband and I renewed our vows a couple of years ago on the Coral Princess (Panama Canal cruise). We purchased the standard package which was very nice -- flowers, framed photo, champagne, renewal certificate. They allowed us to choose a song (from a list) to be played as we walked into the chapel. We really wanted a song that was not on the list and the ship's wedding coordinator (who was young, from Australia and had never heard of "Time in a Bottle" or Jim Croce) surprised us by locating it. We were blown away when we walked in and heard "our song" being played. She made the extra effort to see that our vow renewal ceremony was special. The Captain was so attentive -- you would have thought we were the only couple renewing our vows. In my experience Princess does a wonderful job with these ceremonies and I have a wonderful memory as a result!

• Like 1

We did this on the Golden to Alaska for our 40th anniversary in 2007. It wasn't really about the package (we did the standard). That day was so special because we had our family (adult children and grandkids and members of our wedding party (our best friends) with us). Princess did a great job of making us feel very special. That was a special cruise and we have memories for a lifetime!

I am sure your Travel Agent can make the arrangements. I actually contacted Princess myself since I did not use a TA for that cruise. The coordinator will contact you near the beginning of your cruise and set up a time to meet and work out the details you prefer. Enjoy!

How do you go about booking this in advance. Do I call my travel agent? Also, does the wedding coordinator contact you once you are onboard or do you contact the weeding coordinator?

We renewed our vows several years ago- had our kids and some friends onboard- it was really special. We got the package that included thew couples massage, robes etc- memories for a lifetime- heres a link to the different packages available Do It!

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/services/celebrations/renewal_vows/index.jsp

• 5 years later...

My husband and I will be on the Star Princess in September 2016 for the Alaska cruise. We actually lived there many years ago (our children were babies) so it will be like going home again. That is romantic in itself but we also want to renew our vows. I have read that Princess does the vows ceremony in groups. Anyone have experienced this?

We did a Renewal of Vows for our 40th anniversary this summer and loved it. It was just the standard package, but it was very special. The bouquet was beautiful! We were the only ones doing it on the cruise, so we had it at 7pm on our only sea day. The captain had a lovely script/ceremony, so much so that I actually teared up at one point. The coordinator was outstanding. The photographer took pictures of the ceremony as well as on the aft of the ship and on the Promenade deck and would have taken us to the setup that night to take portraits, but we thought we had plenty already - in fact, we ended up with more pictures than they took at our wedding! They put the pictures together into a lovely video ( the pictures, video, and CD with pictures all cost extra).

I would definitely recommend it!

I was fortunate enough to be a winner in a Renewal of our Wedding Vows competition being run by Princess Cruises here in Sydney in February 2014 aboard the Sun Princess. As it turned out in was our 40th Wedding Anniversary that year and we were privileged to have Gavin McLeod from the Love Boat TV series perform the ceremony on the pool deck.

Princess went above and beyond to make this occasion very special and I would thoroughly recommend it to anyone considering doing this.

..... I have read that Princess does the vows ceremony in groups. Anyone have experienced this?

In 2013, we were on the Grand Princess 49 day cruise around South America and for Valentine's Day, as a special treat, the Captain offered a free group vow renewal service for anyone interested. However, as Valentine's Day was the start/end of a sector in Buenos Aires, the service was actually conducted the day before on 13 February.

About 100 plus people signed up and the ceremony was conducted in the Atrium with the Captain standing on the higher deck near the glass elevators. The Captain read the vows and husbands and wives responded separately. It was a serious and emotional service but also a fun event. Each couple received a Certificate.

Hi!

Thanks in advance!

We have done it 4 times on Princess. Twice with the Deluxe package and twice standard. Once by ourselves, once with about 10 strangers I met on a train going to Berlin, and twice with family. The second time the granddaughters were flower girls. Well worth it each time.

Do the deluxe for the heavy duty robes plus bridge tour.

All 4 captains were very nice.

My DW and I renewed our vows for our 25th wedding anniversary cruise. It was a 10 day Tahitian cruise on the Ocean Princess. We chose the basic package. It was also February 14th. It was great! The only drawback is I will never be able to top the romance of that Valentine's Day.

• 1 year later...
We have done it 4 times on Princess. Twice with the Deluxe package and twice standard. Once by ourselves, once with about 10 strangers I met on a train going to Berlin, and twice with family. The second time the granddaughters were flower girls. Well worth it each time.

Do the deluxe for the heavy duty robes plus bridge tour.

All 4 captains were very nice.

Any idea if you can "transfer" the bridge tour? My DH and I are going to take Deluxe just because he and his father (who will be cruising with us) would be very interested to check it out - and I am not that keen for the bridge tour. So thinking if my father-in-law could go in my place instead? I call Princess Cruises and they said they can't confirm about this and I will have to find out when we sail. Hmm...

Any idea if you can "transfer" the bridge tour? My DH and I are going to take Deluxe just because he and his father (who will be cruising with us) would be very interested to check it out - and I am not that keen for the bridge tour. So thinking if my father-in-law could go in my place instead? I call Princess Cruises and they said they can't confirm about this and I will have to find out when we sail. Hmm...

My experience in 2010 is that they were very flexible with the bridge tour. We were a group of 6 friends traveling, only two couples renewed our vows and all of us were given the bridge tour. Just ask the person coordinating on the ship or even the Captain, they were very nice about it. I believe it was the Captain that invited us all up.

My experience in 2010 is that they were very flexible with the bridge tour. We were a group of 6 friends traveling, only two couples renewed our vows and all of us were given the bridge tour. Just ask the person coordinating on the ship or even the Captain, they were very nice about it. I believe it was the Captain that invited us all up.

Oh that really puts me at ease! Thank you! I really wanted to give my father-in-law the privilege of the bridge tour as a gift. I will just book it.

We did them about six years ago after four years of marriage due to me surviving a life threatening illness and celebrating my DH loyalty. It was amazing. O believe there were several courses Les, but the vows were said separately for each couple. It was amazing. Standard.

We are again renewing our vows next week on the Regal (celebrating 10 years of marriage) also the standard package. Surprised DH for Christmas with this one. We pre purchased the photo package so we should get all of the pics taken during the ceremony.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for all the info. We are travelling in 2 weeks and I ordered the deluxe vow renewal because we wanted to have the actual wedding performed on the ship but couldn't afford the $3,000 price tag, so we just "made it legal" here locally this week and are doing the vow renewal as what will be the more meaningful ceremony. I hope they don't think we're crazy for renewing vows 2 weeks after getting married, but we didn't get to have a "real" wedding and that's why we want to do this. I am super excited about meeting the Captain and the bridge tour!!!