parking at port everglades

Tbv610

Yes very easy, just follow the signs off I 95 for Port Everglades. There is parking at the pier multi level parking garage which is the most expensive but very convenient, parking at off site lots which will then shuttle you over to the ship and then shuttle you back after the cruise, and hotels that offer park and stay packages. We generally park at the pier garage.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

We have always parked at the garage at the pier when we have driven to the port. Now that we live in Florida, we will always drive. The pier is more expensive than off-site, but the convenience makes it worth it TO US. We can be in our car and heading out of Fort Lauderdale before a shuttle can get us to an off-site locale.

Hi all, considering driving to port everglades for a cruise on the Regal! Is it easy to get to and would you recommend parking there?

We always park in the parking deck at the pier which is not the cheapest ($15/day) but the most convenient. When you disembark off the ship there will be porters there to assist you. We always have a $20 bill handy because not only will these porters load all of your suitcases and carry on's for you they will get you thru customs quickly and schlep everything right to your car in the parking deck and place all your stuff in your vehicle for you.

Well worth the $20 IMHO.

If you would rather park elsewhere to save a few dollars and schlep all your stuff yourself have a ball.

Howard

We use Park 'n Go (cruise parking) at 1/2 the price of the PE garage.

Prepay at $8.99/day(use their website), free shuttle from your car to the checkin location (in reverse when you return). The shuttle takes you to your car, where it is parked in their lot. Tip the driver ($1/pp).

We like it and it is super convenient to enter the lot from I-595.

Thanks everyone for the gracious replies, question for Howard, do you carry your luggage off the ship?

I am not Howard, but I can answer about carrying bag on the ship. Yes we do carry on and off. We each have a 21 inch rolling bag and a gym type bag that sits on top of our rolling bags.

We use Park 'n Go (cruise parking) at 1/2 the price of the PE garage.

Prepay at $8.99/day(use their website), free shuttle from your car to the checkin location (in reverse when you return). The shuttle takes you to your car, where it is parked in their lot. Tip the driver ($1/pp).

We like it and it is super convenient to enter the lot from I-595.

I've found that Park 'n Go while cheaper doesn't offer any security for their cars while your away.

Your car is always open and anyone can rummage through it at will. The keys are also on the visor along with the parking ticket if anyone really wants to steal the car.

I've noticed this when returning to my car during a B2B trip when downloading some movies.

I've found that Park 'n Go while cheaper doesn't offer any security for their cars while your away.

Your car is always open and anyone can rummage through it at will. The keys are also on the visor along with the parking ticket if anyone really wants to steal the car.

I've noticed this when returning to my car during a B2B trip when downloading some movies.

This sounds no different from the parking garage. Their only security is at the entry kiosk. Determined thieves will enter your car regardless of it being locked or not.

There are no reports of rampant thievery at Park n Go. This board would be alive with posts if there were. They claim 24/7 attendants on site. I don't know...never stayed the night in my car to see.

Finally, my key was in the ash tray. (y)

No broken windows if broken into. Always someone at the lot, not always on ever deck at pier. Park at Park N Go every cruise, never had a problem. Never leave any valuables in the car anyway.

No broken windows if broken into. Always someone at the lot, not always on ever deck at pier. Park at Park N Go every cruise, never had a problem. Never leave any valuables in the car anyway.

I don't leave anything other than my portable GPS unit in the trunk.

Another thing is anyone can select any car & drive off with it. (not that they would ever want my car.:D:D LOL) since the ticket & keys are in all the cars for the taking. Just select a nice expensive model & drive off- The parking is even already paid for.:cool:

I mentioned it to the people there one time & all they had to say is that they drop you off at your car & it isn't possible. BULL

I sat there in my car for 30 minutes or more & could have driven off in any one I wanted.

This sounds no different from the parking garage. Their only security is at the entry kiosk.

Huh? When I park in the port garage, I do not leave the car unlocked with the keys on the

visor -- which is completely different that what floridalover described at park n go.

I suppose if you do leave your keys on the visor when you self park, then you are right,

and it is the same.

Thanks everyone for the gracious replies, question for Howard, do you carry your luggage off the ship?

No!

Since we park at the pier and have a 1/2 drive to our Florida condo we choose a later departure off of the ship around 9:30 AM, enjoy our last dining room breakfast and find our luggage with our colored tags quite easily. The porters willing to assist are right there. Then the DH wants to make a stop at The Festival Flea Market for her pickles and my fruit.

Howard

For my upcoming cruise I had planned to use Park N Go. I will be coming from a stay in Florida and my car will be filled with luggage and my folding bikes. I had no idea you leave the cars unlocked. Perhaps I should pay more and reconsider parking at the pier. I was concerned that we may leave and return at different piers which might complicate matters. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

For my upcoming cruise I had planned to use Park N Go. I will be coming from a stay in Florida and my car will be filled with luggage and my folding bikes. I had no idea you leave the cars unlocked. Perhaps I should pay more and reconsider parking at the pier. I was concerned that we may leave and return at different piers which might complicate matters. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If you insist on locking the car at ParkN Go there have been times when they'll let you. You have to be insistent about it since they want to move cars around as needed.

Most times I'll say they leave them open.

There's no problem with returning to a different pier since their pickup van circles all around the port. I've even returned to the car during B2B trips to pick up the car to go shopping without any problem & then returned in the afternoon. Since parking is paid for already, they don't care if you leave & come back.

I've never had any problems or heard about anyone who has but it would make me nervous leaving anything of real value in the trunk.

I've never questioned them about thier policy about stolen items but seeing that they're holding the keys, you would think they would have to assume some responsibitity.

Check their web site.

We have used Park n Go quite literally easily 30 times and have never had a single issue. I would never hesitate for a minute to recommend them. I drive an Escape (no trunk) and they have never bothered with anything we left in the back of the vehicle.

We have used Park n Go quite literally easily 30 times and have never had a single issue. I would never hesitate for a minute to recommend them. I drive an Escape (no trunk) and they have never bothered with anything we left in the back of the vehicle.

Not so much as the people from Park N Go as others parked nearby that have complete assess to anything they want (and can easily see).

They make it just a little to easy for items to be lifted.

Not so much as the people from Park N Go as others parked nearby that have complete assess to anything they want (and can easily see).

They make it just a little to easy for items to be lifted.

We are eagerly awaiting factual references to the Pay n Go location under discussion supporting the things you say. (videos, police reports, etc)

We are eagerly awaiting factual references to the Pay n Go location under discussion supporting the things you say. (videos, police reports, etc)

No, I have no factual references that can be given other than my own experiences.

We always do B2B2B cruises & I always return to my car during a turnaround day. I've sat there many times for up to 30 minutes after being dropped off (and sometimes not directly near my car since it was moved).

I just walk around looking for my car which is usually nearby.

I then spend time unloading my luggage into my trunk as well as download movie programs all of which takes time.

The parking lot is never crowded with people arriving at their cars which would give plenty of time to go though any car I choose.

There all open with the keys on their visors.

If they haven't had any incidents I would really be surprised.

Oh, btw- we no longer park there.

No, I have no factual references that can be given other than my own experiences.

Thank you for your honesty.

So you, in spite of your ongoing criticism of the Park n Go business model, never had an actual loss during the time that you were parking there. Did I get that right?