Southbound Alaska - August 13 th, 2010

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 04:39 AM.
Las Vegas, Nevada
302 Posts
Joined Sep 2006
Anyone else booked for this Friday the 13 th cruise ?

We originally had the same itinerary booked with Radiance of the Seas on June 11 th, however due to a conflict in schedule we had to re-book it and ended up finding a better deal with Celebrity. This will be our first sailing on Celebrity and our first time in Alaska ... We are SO excited !!

Can anyone tell me how Celebrity is compared to Royal Caribbean ?

Jackie and Clay
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Celebrity Summit - Southern Caribbean (Jan 2016)
RCI Liberty of the Seas - Bermuda (May 2015)
Celebrity Solstice - Alaska (May 2014)
RCI Adventure of the Seas - Southern Caribbean (Feb 2014)
Celebrity Summit - Southern Caribbean (Jan 2013)
RCI Jewel of the Seas - New England/Canada (Oct 2012)
RCI Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas (Jan 2012)
Celebrity Millenium - Alaska (Aug 2010)
RCI Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean (Oct 2009)
Carnival Pride - Mexican Riviera (Jan 2008)
Central, Tx
4,746 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Both lines are pretty much the same. Radiance is on heck of a ship. Really well suited to Alaska. However Celebrity in good as well. Food on Celebrity is about the best we have found on any cruise line. (Food is subjective)

This is our 17th year to go to Alaska, but this year we are doing the Alaska Ferry and driving to Anchorage to spend 9 days there. We looked at cruises, but the big drop in tonnage there has left us a bit miffed at the measly ports and routes. Prices seem about same as most years.

Any questions, let me know.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
I wrestled with reality for years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state, I finally won out over it. (Jimmy Stewart in "Harvey" 1950)