Transfer from Abu Dhabi cruise terminal to Dubai Airport

Scotswoman

Hi, we will be leaving our cruise ship one day early in Abu Dhabi in order to take a flight from Dubai Airport just after 1a.m. next morning. It may also be complicated by the fact that it is Formula 1 Race Day! We will have very little luggage, and don't mind travelling to Dubai a bit earlier to miss any traffic jams. Does anyone have any good advice for us? For example can we risk simply taking a taxi from the rank at the cruise terminal, and roughly how much would this cost? Is the express bus between the two cities an alternative? Thanks for any advice!

Morven

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, we will be leaving our cruise ship one day early in Abu Dhabi in order to take a flight from Dubai Airport just after 1a.m. next morning. It may also be complicated by the fact that it is Formula 1 Race Day! We will have very little luggage, and don't mind travelling to Dubai a bit earlier to miss any traffic jams. Does anyone have any good advice for us? For example can we risk simply taking a taxi from the rank at the cruise terminal, and roughly how much would this cost? Is the express bus between the two cities an alternative? Thanks for any advice!

Morven

Which airline will you be flying out of Dubai? If it’s Emirates they have a check-in facility in Abu Dhabi with coach transfer to Dubai International Airport. If not then I would book a transfer either with Al Ghazal Transport or with Careem (similar to Uber) which you can book online if you download the App... Personally, I wouldn’t just take a town taxi from the cruise terminal...

Anne...

Which airline will you be flying out of Dubai? If it’s Emirates they have a check-in facility in Abu Dhabi with coach transfer to Dubai International Airport. If not then I would book a transfer either with Al Ghazal Transport or with Careem (similar to Uber) which you can book online if you download the App... Personally, I wouldn’t just take a town taxi from the cruise terminal...

Anne...

Thanks for your advice, Anne. We are travelling home to Germany with Lufthansa, so unfortunately we probably can't use the Emirates coach transfer. Or is it possible to book it and pay for it, obviously without using the check-in facility?

Morven

Even better - if you are flying Emerates business or first class you can get a limo ride for FREE !

We are flying business into Dubai and ship leaves from Abu Dhabi so we have a reservation for a limo to take us for FREE. Then when we disembark in Singapore we are spending a few nights there but they will pick us up at hotel and take us to airport - again FREE !

Thanks for your advice, Anne. We are travelling home to Germany with Lufthansa, so unfortunately we probably can't use the Emirates coach transfer. Or is it possible to book it and pay for it, obviously without using the check-in facility?

Morven

As far as I know, it is only available to Emirates flight ticket holders who don’t have the benefit of the complimentary chauffeur-drive service... Just make sure the driver of whatever service you book drops you at the correct terminal when you get to Dubai - for Lufthansa that should be Terminal 1...

Anne...

Even better - if you are flying Emerates business or first class you can get a limo ride for FREE !

We are flying business into Dubai and ship leaves from Abu Dhabi so we have a reservation for a limo to take us for FREE. Then when we disembark in Singapore we are spending a few nights there but they will pick us up at hotel and take us to airport - again FREE !

It’s actually a chauffeur-driver service so don’t expect to find a ‘limo’ wating for you - the business class service within the UAE is usually one of the fleet of dark blue Volvo estate cars...(First Class get a silver Mercedes).:)

Anne..

As far as I know, it is only available to Emirates flight ticket holders who don’t have the benefit of the complimentary chauffeur-drive service... Just make sure the driver of whatever service you book drops you at the correct terminal when you get to Dubai - for Lufthansa that should be Terminal 1...

Anne...

Thanks again, Anne. I have downloaded the Careem App and logged in. But am I correct in thinking that I can only order the car when I am ready to go? Or is there a way to book in advance? Can you give me a rough idea of the price I should expect to pay, and will traffic be very heavy in the early evening of the Formula 1 last day? Thanks a lot!

Morven

Thanks again, Anne. I have downloaded the Careem App and logged in. But am I correct in thinking that I can only order the car when I am ready to go? Or is there a way to book in advance? Can you give me a rough idea of the price I should expect to pay, and will traffic be very heavy in the early evening of the Formula 1 last day? Thanks a lot!

Morven

You can either book in advance or for immediate use with Careem - beside the ‘confirm pick up’ tab is another small tab with a clock face and if you click on that you can select either the current time or a future date and time. Once you enter all your details/destination etc. it should give you an estimate of the cost - I’ve only used them within Dubai not outside the city so I really don’t know how much city to city would be. I don’t think the F1 traffic should be an issue - it's a multi-lane highway all the way through to Dubai...

Anne...

It’s actually a chauffeur-driver service so don’t expect to find a ‘limo’ wating for you - the business class service within the UAE is usually one of the fleet of dark blue Volvo estate cars...(First Class get a silver Mercedes).:)

Anne..

Guess I used the wrong term - knew it wasn't a "limo" but is nice to have a service waiting after a long flight and since it is a distance to Abu Dhabi. We get in at 7:40 pm so waiting for a bus would be a hassle. And on the other end we get picked up at hotel in Singapore and driven to airport.