Water taxi to Anse Chastanet question

Cruise and Dive

Hello, I will be cruising to St. Lucia and after doing online research it seems that there are no water taxis that have regular stops at Anse Cochon or Anse Chastanet. I am a diver and snorkeler and want to go on my own and spend the day at Anse Chastanet if possible. All I have seen are water taxis that you have to “Charter” for the day by yourself and not really “public” transportation to spots around the island. I really don’t want to book an excursion to snorkel as I like to take my time and photograph marine life away from the crowds. Has anyone been to St. Lucia and travelled over to Anse Chastanet on their own? I have seen info on taxis available but they are expensive and take a long time to get there and back. Thanks for any info.

Hello, I will be cruising to St. Lucia and after doing online research it seems that there are no water taxis that have regular stops at Anse Cochon or Anse Chastanet. I am a diver and snorkeler and want to go on my own and spend the day at Anse Chastanet if possible. All I have seen are water taxis that you have to “Charter” for the day by yourself and not really “public” transportation to spots around the island. I really don’t want to book an excursion to snorkel as I like to take my time and photograph marine life away from the crowds. Has anyone been to St. Lucia and travelled over to Anse Chastanet on their own? I have seen info on taxis available but they are expensive and take a long time to get there and back. Thanks for any info.

Because we really wanted to do this ourselves, a taxi hired for the day was our choice. If your intent is serious, then you'll be happy to bite the bullet and pay.

We don't have water taxi shuttles that run in a regular schedule, have scheduled stops, work as regular transportation, etc. Way too expensive for your average Lucian.... Even land taxis are too pricey - we wait, and wait, and wait some more on our public bus system. Highly NOT recommended for a cruise ship visit as there's no set timings, it's a long route, etc

You can pick up a water taxi at port - expect to pay more than $350USD or more round-trip... You'll be on your own schedule, can linger or take photos or stop as you like along the way.

There are land taxis, will run you around $200-250 round-trip, again on your own schedule, timings, etc.

Otherwise, it's tours you're looking at. Maybe try Mystic Man, smaller snorkel trip. Or a more private charter through SeaSpray or Bitni Charters, etc

Or check into Island Divers at Ti Kaye. You won't get all the way down to the Pitons, but excellent snorkeking around their beach and reefs, can arrange transport, etc.

Good luck...

We don't have water taxi shuttles that run in a regular schedule, have scheduled stops, work as regular transportation, etc. Way too expensive for your average Lucian.... Even land taxis are too pricey - we wait, and wait, and wait some more on our public bus system. Highly NOT recommended for a cruise ship visit as there's no set timings, it's a long route, etc

You can pick up a water taxi at port - expect to pay more than $350USD or more round-trip... You'll be on your own schedule, can linger or take photos or stop as you like along the way.

There are land taxis, will run you around $200-250 round-trip, again on your own schedule, timings, etc.

Otherwise, it's tours you're looking at. Maybe try Mystic Man, smaller snorkel trip. Or a more private charter through SeaSpray or Bitni Charters, etc

Or check into Island Divers at Ti Kaye. You won't get all the way down to the Pitons, but excellent snorkeking around their beach and reefs, can arrange transport, etc.

Good luck...

Thank you for that information, it is very helpful.:cool: