Private Guide in Tangier

ricki

Looking for a private guide with good transportation in Tangier on April 14, 2019.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Ricki

Have a look at Tours by Locals, there are a couple on there with very good reviews...

Anne...

• 1 month later...

OnAugust 2, 2018, during a Mediterranean cruise, my wife and I went ona private Explore Tangier tour with Hamid Benamar of Tours by Locals.We had difficulty connecting with Hamid at first, mostly because ofmisinformation from personnel on our cruise ship. But after meetingup we had a fine tour. Hamid was excellent: personable, knowledgeableand accommodating. He was mindful of my physical limitations. Itwould be difficult to find a better guide. LittleRedJohn

• 4 weeks later...

We had the pleasure of taking the most FABULOUS PRIVATE tour of Tangier with Taoumi Tours.

Mr.Ahmed the owner has been doing tours for over 30 years. He was a past Presidentof the Tangier Tour Association.

He has led tours for all the most prominent tour companies.(Such as American Express Travel, Maupintour etc.)

If you read his bio on his website you will be very impressed.

He has a very detailed website- that gives prices and descriptions of all his tours.

He responds very quickly to emails.

His tours are very affordable compared to other tour companies that are rated higher on TripAdvisor and more reasonable than Tours by Locals ( because guides on Tours by Locals have to pay a 20% commission to be on their site)

Mr. Ahmed also has great reviews on Trip Advisor.

All tours in Tangier you basically go to the same places. So there is no need to pay more for your tours.

Mr.Ahmed was booked the day we wanted so we were given one of his guides in his company - Mr. Abdelaziz. He was such a wonderful, intelligent, professional. Hehas been giving tours for 35 years. He had a great passion for Tangier! His explanations of the city and sites was EXCELLENT!

We wanted to go to some special places and that was not a problem. He took us to the Berber Market- which was very special to see. My husband wanted to go see the famous bar where Mick Jagger frequented when inTangier. Nothing was too much to ask- he always let us decide what we wanted todo.

We wanted to go to a special restaurant I found on TripAdvisor not a touristy restaurant . No problem! There was no high pressure carpet stores-which we were not interested in doing. We wanted to learn about the culture and daily life of the Tangier people- and he gave us detailed explanations of everything!

Our tour lasted 7 hours and it was ONE OF THE HIGHLIGHTS of our trip!

He is very respected in the community and was greeted by many people throughout the tour.

All his friends we met- said " HE IS THE BEST GUIDE"! We felt so luckly to have had him for our guide.

If youare looking for THE BEST PROFESSIONAL TOUR COMPANY that is used by the most prominent tour operators- then Tauomi Tours is for you!

He has 6 different choices of tours in Tangier depending on your interests.

His website is:

https://www.visitangier.com

• 3 weeks later...

We have just returned from our cruise aboard Wind Surf with our first stop of Tangiers. We used Tauomi Tours and were so pleased! We had a colleague of Mr Arhmed (I’m sorry to say I have lost his name) and he was just wonderful! We had friends in Morocco who traveled to Tangiers and so I was able to customize our tour and have our friends join us. He was very knowledgeable and told us his life story which was very interesting. He answered all our questions and after our tour we invited him to join us for lunch so we continued our conversation.

Afterwards we wanted to spend a few hours with our friends and he told us he would come back for us with a taxi and personally bring us back to our ship. There was no way we were going to miss our ship. Our day in Tangiers was one of our most memorable of our 25 days at sea and I am so happy we were able to experience Tangiers with our friends and Tauomi Tours!

Our most wonderful guide in Tangiers!

38A5B9B9-EBD3-422A-B271-F1688F4D0834.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...