Transfer from Heathrow to Dover

Sorry, no. We spent several days in London before leaving for Dover. We took a National Express bus from Victoria Station. It made 2 stops along the way (very brief), and then 2 stops in Dover. One was the port area but not where the cruise ships were, the other was about 1 block from our hotel (easy walk). We stayed over night in Dover before our cruise.

It did take a little effort to research, but was VERY inexpensive compared to the cruise line's transfers. We paid 4 GDP each for the bus, and a cab to the ship the next morning was 5GDP total. So for under $20, we had transportation for two. The cruise line was charging $70 pp. Even adding in the cost of the hotel and food, we got a bargain. And honestly, the day in Dover was enjoyable.

Direct transfers are difficult to find due to the distance and locations. Your options are cruise line transfer, private car rental, and something called Dover Cruise Bus Shuttle (I am unfamiliar with the details of this).

Public transportation options all include at least one transfer (traditionally in London). When we went last year we took the Underground into London(Heathrow to Westminster - 1 transfer), spent a few nights in London, and then took National Rail down to Dover Priory (from Waterloo) so I'm sure you could take the same route in a single day. We then also had to grab a taxi from the station to the port. The total one way cost was less than £50 for two of us. Please note that we didn't take any of the high-speed options and did have walking (although minimal) which kept the cost down.

Whatever you choose to do - enjoy!

We are going on the Pacific Princess on 2 Aug. Had to wait and make sure my son was still able to go with us. When i found out he was, i tried to book the Victoria Coach station to Dover transfer but was too late. Oh well.

I ended up using twelve transfers at GBP 130 total for the 3 of us. They will pick us up at the hotel and take us to the cruise ship. Works for me. They were extremely easy to work with and answered questions promptly. Their website also has a chat live button to click. You can go on and get a price quote within a few minutes.

Going back to LHR we are just using the Princess shuttle since it is easier.

The price with Princess was $177 for the 3 of us from either Victoria Coach station or LHR to Dover. It is the same going back as well.

I ended up using twelve transfers at GBP 130 total for the 3 of us. They will pick us up at the hotel and take us to the cruise ship. Works for me. They were extremely easy to work with and answered questions promptly.
We used Twelve Transfers last September after a week's stay near Covent Garden after a Pacific Princess cruise. We found their service to be excellent. £130 is quite reasonable for three to Dover from London.

Our driver also drove for Uber and told us the price we were paying through Twelve to LHR was lower than Uber. For immediate service Uber worked very well for us in London.

Contact Smiths for Airports. We used them for a private transfer to Southampton. See what they say about Dover.

My son and new daughter-in-law just used (and will be using again on Sunday) Smith for Airports (Southampton also)...They text me that Smiths was just wonderful too.

I researched their transportation carefully for their honeymoon and the recommendations for Smiths was overwhelming positive from these boards.

Just came back from a BI cruise. We used Premier Taxi Folkestone for transfer from Dover to London hotel in Victoria. The cost would be £140 for group of 6. Since we first stopped at Canterbury for a quick tour, our cost was a bit higher. They were responsive, prompt and courteous, would definitely recommend them. They are based on Folkestone (close to Dover), so their rate would be better than Smiths for Airports which is based on Southampton. We used Smiths for Heathrow to Southampton transfer and they were excellent as well.

• 2 months later...
My son and new daughter-in-law just used (and will be using again on Sunday) Smith for Airports (Southampton also)...They text me that Smiths was just wonderful too.

I researched their transportation carefully for their honeymoon and the recommendations for Smiths was overwhelming positive from these boards.

We've used them for 5 years, and we've always have drivers that were both prompt and good drivers. We'll probably book them for our transfer to Dover in Sept. 2019.

Smiths is Portsmouth based so not sure if they would do a Heathrow to Dover transfer. There are some local companies, one called Martini Transfers who are currently advertising on Facebook a price of £100. martinitransfers@mail.com. Also Premier Taxis in Folkestone have good reviews. I live near Dover BTW.